Author Topic: Project ORCA?  (Read 750 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Project ORCA?
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:57:49 AM »
And if this is in fact what happened, they mean FAILED COMPLETELY. Literally.

Exclusive - Inside Orca: How the Romney Campaign Suppressed Its Own Vote

As Republicans try to explain their Election Day losses in terms of policy, tactics, and strategy, one factor is emerging as the essential difference between the Obama and Romney campaigns on November 6: the absolute failure of Romney’s get-out-the-vote effort, which underperformed even John McCain’s lackluster 2008 turnout. One culprit appears to be “Orca,” the Romney’s massive technology effort, which failed completely...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Project ORCA?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:02:15 AM »
I think the reason he lost is Romney. RINO's don't win anymore.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »

Something stinks I think it's BO.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »
But of course the E-GOP is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, taking to heart all the wrong lessons. My inner conspiracy theorist almost wonders if this result was calculated to once and for all get rid of us redneck, anti-abortion, pro-gun conservatives by holding this election up as proof that conservatism is what cost the GOP victory.

In the first 48 hours after this disaster, I was convinced more than ever that we've simply crossed that threshold where the looters outnumber the producers (and that may be true), but it seems a bit less certain now. The new picture emerging is that several million Republicans simply didn't vote. I find that inconceivable, but those are the numbers.  So all this talk about not reaching out adequately to this or that group is bogus. They failed to reach out to the group known as "Republicans".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »

What are these people?  It is necessary for Democrats to buss voters to the polls in order to get winning numbers.  Republican technique is using real-time on-site agents to transmit to others in order to roust the number of necessary voters. NO, HELL NO! None of these people should vote, as long as we allow this concept of "everybody should vote" corrupted voters will be brought in.   Bring back the poll tax coupled with a requisite of being an owner of real property in order to buy one.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »
But of course the E-GOP is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, taking to heart all the wrong lessons. My inner conspiracy theorist almost wonders if this result was calculated to once and for all get rid of us redneck, anti-abortion, pro-gun conservatives by holding this election up as proof that conservatism is what cost the GOP victory.

In the first 48 hours after this disaster, I was convinced more than ever that we've simply crossed that threshold where the looters outnumber the producers (and that may be true), but it seems a bit less certain now. The new picture emerging is that several million Republicans simply didn't vote. I find that inconceivable, but those are the numbers.  So all this talk about not reaching out adequately to this or that group is bogus. They failed to reach out to the group known as "Republicans".

Yup, screw this noise about blaming this that or the other thing...bottom line is in any campaign it comes down to the CANDIDATE and what they have STOOD for!

GOP can be a Ruling Class/Moderate only circle-jerk club for all I give a damn.

Eff 'em.

I am not interested in politics unless all these asshats agree to a peaceful division of the nation or refrain from molesting states that secede, otherwise they can all burn in Hell!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »

What are these people?  It is necessary for Democrats to buss voters to the polls in order to get winning numbers.  Republican technique is using real-time on-site agents to transmit to others in order to roust the number of necessary voters. NO, HELL NO! None of these people should vote, as long as we allow this concept of "everybody should vote" corrupted voters will be brought in.   Bring back the poll tax coupled with a requisite of being an owner of real property in order to buy one.

Never happen, CO...never.  Would be like asking to repeal the 19th amendment, good luck with that.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »
And if this is in fact what happened, they mean FAILED COMPLETELY. Literally.

Exclusive - Inside Orca: How the Romney Campaign Suppressed Its Own Vote

As Republicans try to explain their Election Day losses in terms of policy, tactics, and strategy, one factor is emerging as the essential difference between the Obama and Romney campaigns on November 6: the absolute failure of Romney’s get-out-the-vote effort, which underperformed even John McCain’s lackluster 2008 turnout. One culprit appears to be “Orca,” the Romney’s massive technology effort, which failed completely...

So, the techno-whiz kids fell down on the job?  I don't believe it's possible for me to feel any more discouraged, so this doesn't change anything in that regard, BUT ....

I don't much like the idea of people with gadgets making a record of MY NAME at the polls through eavesdropping or any other method, and that goes for both sides.

Look, the truth of the matter is, I'm starting to believe the millions of Romney-votes-that-weren't were disappeared.

::foilhathelicopter::

Do I have proof?  No, not a shred.  However, all during the early voting period and on Election Day, Republicans were reporting very long lines at the polls, longer than during '08 and '10.  I suspect this, as much as anything, gave us a good reason to expect a Romney win, despite what the official pollsters were telling us.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »

As long as we allow fools and idiots (literally and figuratively) to vote the nation will suffer.

If a person cannot or will not take care of himself he should have no say in how we take care of this nation.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »
It keeps getting worse, here's more about rotting fish:      

ORCA: Romney’s Killer Fail

Back home this evening after a 12-day road trip to Ohio, I’m perusing accounts of how the Romney campaign recruited 37,00 volunteers to participate in its ORCA project to monitor Election Day turnout, a project that turned out to be a spectacular failure of epic proportions. The name that keeps coming up in these accounts is Dan Centinello, deputy political director for the Romney campaign:

Centinello was quoted in The Huffington Post on Nov. 1 touting ORCA to volunteers in these grandiose terms: “There’s nothing that the Obama data team, there’s nothing that the Obama campaign, there’s nothing that President Obama himself can do to even come close to what we are putting together here.”

Details here