Author Topic: The Economy is Going to Implode  (Read 128873 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Economy is Going to Implode
« Reply #320 on: December 14, 2014, 03:48:58 PM »
Some may slink away...but one day they'll be found...

::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
The genesis of all this was the desire by a depraved political class to permanently entrench itself by engineering multi-generation dependency classes with Other People's Money (either other citizens or, more nefarious still, that of generations yet to exist).

Everything they're doing now is to either kick the can further along so that it will blow up in someone else's face, or to lay the groundwork for slinking away scot-free if it does happen to blow up in their faces.

Well, they're doing "it" again.  I just heard the house-loan down-payment will be lowered to 3% --- "so more low-income people can buy their own homes"; car loans go for zero down.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
Well, then...they can pay me to take a new S8 off their inventory and maybe I'll think about making one payment!   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:29 AM »
Oops!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-10/man-will-never-be-invited-back-cnbc

Is this poor guy still around?  Can't be having none of that truth stuff, we have to protect phoney baloney asses here!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #324 on: February 12, 2015, 07:26:54 AM »
Greece blows rapsberries at the EU...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d75d8a2c-b249-11e4-80af-00144feab7de.html#axzz3RXEjpDWS

This is a fun game.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #325 on: February 12, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »
Hmmm?  How long until some of these goods draw down to a point where Mr & Mrs DancingWithTheStars feel the pinch?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-12/catastrophic-shutdown-americas-supply-chain-begins-stunning-photos-west-coast-port-c

More likely producers and shippers raise Hell first.

I can hear them now..."just give them what they want"?!

Right?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #326 on: February 13, 2015, 07:19:01 AM »
The size of these ships blows the mind; many of them are over a thousand feet long.

I had a hotel on the beach in Manila a few years ago.  I can attest to that.  I spent hours just staring at the ships in the Bay.  They literally are the size of building and you can see them from miles away.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #327 on: February 13, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »
The size of these ships blows the mind; many of them are over a thousand feet long.

I had a hotel on the beach in Manila a few years ago.  I can attest to that.  I spent hours just staring at the ships in the Bay.  They literally are the size of building and you can see them from miles away.

In my squid days, when deployed it was an carriers, plenty big.  Seeing two along side you was impressive.

For congestion Singapore and the Persian Gulf come to mind, a lot of supertankers and cargocarriers chugging along in a relatively confined space is hard to miss.  And these fully-loaded monsters don't even come close to agile manuevering...you want to slow down or turn, you have to think miles ahead.

I'm sure you've been to the lift bridge in Duluth, not quite the same scale but still fun to watch.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
The coming evolution of the SDR

Well thought out for the most part.. but this is sort of hysterical

This movement is taking the “two steps away from the USD and one step back” approach, and with each turn and shift the USD is being further removed as the primary reserve currency used in global trade. The much promoted death of the dollar in the alternative media is largely based on misinformation and unintended breaks in analytical rationalization as the full scope of the multilateral structure, and the global support from all countries of the world for such a system, has been cleverly hidden behind a script of geopolitical tension, as well as the dual crisis of growing sovereign debt and currency imbalances.

It should be stated that the USD will categorically remain as one of many reserve currencies with it’s position secure in the SDR basket composition, alongside the Chinese renminbi, among others, potentially even the Russian ruble.  The path of the Special Drawing Right is being drawn along the transition points of the multilateral structure.  These transition points exist as both geopolitical and macro-prudential positions which have been carefully scattered across the global landscape.

If this were to happen, it would mean the federal government would no longer be able to print dollars without permission  of the IMF ruling elite ( which the article itself admits will probably be controlled by BRICS..)  They may use the SDR and the current world bank as a vehicle ( hijacked)  to give them more legitimacy off the bat than they would have just launching a new currency.  (But that legitimacy can be easily achieved by backing thier currency with Gold/Silver/Rare Earths, Oil  and other commodities that the BRICS have in spades)  But SDR or BRICS Bucks makes no difference

If the dollar is pegged  to another currency, it is the death of the dollar as the world reserve, and really that equates to the death of the dollar as we have known it.  This is like Greece entering the Eurozone  - the dollar is no longer a dollar. It is some fraction of a SDR.  The Fed can no longer print them willy nilly and loan them out to pay our governments debts.  The financial and economic disaster in the United States happens when the US cannot pay its debts... paying in devalued printed dollars is as much a (partial)  default as refusing to pay the full amount in an sound currency.  If SDRs impose a sound currency, instead of an inflatable one, it will MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. The collapse will simply be deflationary instead of inflationary.  Why do you think Greece wants out of the Euro? SO they can control their own monetary policy and print as much as they like!

I don't see our leaders going to deflationary scenario. It will be politically unpopular and will require the govt budgets ( and their opportunities for graft)  in half. That means the EBTs don't get charged and riots in the cities. Somehow, I just don't see American politicians willingly going for that, and they will only be allowed to be part of the SDR if they agree to it. Obongo might do it by fiat I suppose, but it would be a death blow at that moment instead of a Kick the Can opportunity. The SDR might prevent the wholesale dumping of US Treasuries abroad and slow the death, but it won't stop it.  If America can't print, it can't pay its debts with devalued currency and the US Treasury Bonds become junk ..

The real question is why would the SDR even want the Dollar in its basket with that sort of dynamic? Being part of the SDR means US Bonds are worthless today. Not being part of the Basket means the Dollar dies by inflation tomorrow. 

Its over.  Go home.

Maybe there is something I am missing.  Yes there is a lot of people would like to keep some of the value of the dollars they are holding, but I don't see how the SDR can really help them achieve that - other than be establishing a fixed rate at which they can be converted to the new SDR reserve currency.   - a controlled demolition and rebuild of the reserve, instead of the chaotic panic and collapse scenario.  But that is what this would be - a meeting of America's creditors to determine how to handle  and divide up American assets in its bankruptcy. Where the parties all agree to take 20 cents on the dollar, which they will instantly transfer into the new currency at the established rate.  Sure the dollar is part of the mix - only no one is holding them, because they know what comes shortly after,  and that looks like Greece.

This guy also has a 10 part series on SDR

http://philosophyofmetrics.com/2014/04/07/sdrs-and-the-new-bretton-woods-part-ten/#more-363

(that is part 10, links to the others below)

He seems to have an (unpalatable to me) metaphysical bent that sees human systems and the mind as unalterable and inherently corrupt.. that power corrupts I do not deny,  but I still think that the Founders had it right in trying to set up a system in which that damage is limited by the distribution of power over many locations.

In reading this series I came across this - http://philosophyofmetrics.com/2014/02/18/sdrs-and-the-new-bretton-woods-part-six/

Perhaps the United States is negotiating a shared risk instead of sole responsibility for maintaining the dollars SDR composition value on the substitution account as the transition from dollar reserves to SDR reserves takes place.

It is well known by all sides that the dollar cannot collapse without causing the collapse of the new SDR system before it is even fully implemented.  The I.M.F. and the U.S. both require this substitution account as a temporary transition point to ensure there is no sudden drop in demand for dollars.  The transition has to be slow and orderly....

et’s us go back to the beginning of this essay and think in term of the chess game again.  The complexity of this SDR system is not easily understood or explained.  It will be sold to the public at large as an extension of what is happening already.  In previous essays we have thought in terms of micro and macro patterns.  Let us do so again, as we consider that the Quantitative Easing through the Federal Reserve will slowly transition into SDR Quantitative Easing through the International Monetary Fund and accounts balanced through the Bank for International Settlements.

As the Fed tapers QE we can expect that it will mean an increase in SDR QE through the I.M.F.  In time this will become more obvious.

and this http://philosophyofmetrics.com/2014/12/17/the-sdr-purpose-of-brics/

In short, the USD system is creating systemic instability and a new multilateral reserve asset is required to balance the international system of finance and create stable liquidity.  Some of the methods and components of this transition and new system can be found in the idea of substitution accounts.

The purpose of the substitution accounts is mainly for the exchange of IMF members foreign reserve assets, such as USD, for SDR denominated claims and assets.  SDR assets will, at least for a few years, enhance global liquidity and facilitate hedging.

He writes well and clearly and without a lot of bias.. For some reason he seems to think the the current oligarchs have this under such perfect control that this is being planned in advance. Rather I think its entirely reactionary in nature, and I do not think the current crop of Banker etc have real control of anything.  He acts as if this isn't East vs West, and that China, Russia  is just full-on-onboard with the NWO/COnslidation of power - all while citing human nature.
I can guarantee that China, Russia and the rest of the BRICs are participating not because they are in league with each other, but each sees an opportunity to advance their own status and power.  Sure,  they are all willing to call it an "international effort" and "consolidation"  - so long as they are holding the reigns of that organization.

He is correct that the western nations  will loose their sovereignty- but its not so obvious the larger players will, or that the IMF will continue to be used as the vehicle for their ambitions.

He also seems to feel the control of the one world  oligarchy is assured.  How can you be in control when large sections of the world are engaged in Civil Wars or wars with each other.  He suggests the consolidation is inevitable, because it will further the survival possibilities ( mutual defense, food production etc)  This will not be the case in Western Nations whose standard of living will drop precipitously. Where large populations of non-contributing Zeros cash government checks that suddenly are gone.  Then you see nationalistic movements. Then you see people LEAVING the consolidated Euro.

The EURO was a trial run for this - and it failed!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:53:28 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2015, 11:36:05 AM »
There is no way to do this pain free (for them) without getting every major player on board with freezing out the dollar, and I just don't think they can do that through any vehicle, which means they need a Breton Woods type confab of all nations and agree to a transition framework.  And any framework will be dicked with by anyone thinking they can game it for an advantage.

The other big hurdle is once you start isolating the dollar, what do they think is going to happen to the rest of the foreign obligations held by the US?  Many have been reducing their positions in our paper but not all of it...they have to know that with nothing to loose and not going the devaluation route means we will just not pay.  Plus, what would they pay with?  The new reserve currency is likely to treat the dollar like the plague, so again, nothing to loose...no takey dollar, no gettey paid.

And I agree the BRICS and anybody lining up against the dollar will always be looking to gain advantage, new Friends notwithstanding!

But is economic wars become shooting wars, then the whole debate is shot into space...it will be no-holds-barred global destruction on every front and naked self-interest will dictate every single move and the meek or slow to act will be thoroughly obliterated.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2015, 12:39:35 PM »
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/feb/14/labor-secretary-to-press-2-sides-in-west-coast/

"Container ships wait at the dock to be unloaded at the Port of Oakland Thursday, Feb. 12, 2015, in Oakland, Calif. Companies that operate marine terminals didn't call workers to unload ships Thursday that carry car parts, furniture, clothing, electronics, just about anything made in Asia and destined for U.S. consumers. The partial lockout is the result of an increasingly damaging labor dispute between dockworkers and their employers. The two sides have been negotiating a new contract, and stalled talks have all but paralyzed 29 ports that handle about one-quarter of U.S. international trade, around $1 trillion worth of cargo annually.

... The waters off Los Angeles, Oakland and Washington state's Puget Sound have become parking lots for dozens of ships awaiting space at the docks.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
Yes, I feel so sorry for those poor union  dock workers earning SIX FIGURE SALARIES.

http://www.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco/west-coast-dockworkers-dispute-could-paralyze-us-economy/Content?oid=2166235

Though the union, now representing 25,000 workers, has shrunk since jobs disappeared with mid-century innovations in the shipping industry, it still ranks among America's blue-collar royalty thanks to contracts that give full-time workers typical annual wages in the six figures.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/02/06/longshoremans-union-to-strike-29-west-coast-ports/

ILWU workers’ compensation package is believed to already be the most lucrative of any blue-collar in America. Full-time workers working 2,000 hours per year earn an average of $142,000 annually in wages and a benefits package that costs over $82,000 a worker. “Clerks” that work an average of 50 hours per week earn over $200,000. But “walking bosses,” the equivalent of warehouse foremen, can earn over $300,000.

The payroll for just 13,600 ILWU workers that man the West Coast ports was a stunning $1.4 billion in 2013.
from the comments:

PMA make that wage and higher $300000 starting wage according to thier website. We as longshore men do not make even close to what media claims. They are taking PMA claims and not using ACTUAL facts and figures. We make on average $74,214.40 most of us less due to shipping companies cut work from 24/7 to 8 hours and no weekends.

Sorry.. only $75K a year + benefits.
He says the shipping companies are cutting hours.. they might be-- because then they can hire more workers and move to a part time schedule where they don't have to deal with Obamacare regs.

Or maybe there just isn't enough stuff being shipped because the economy is failing.

Sorry - got what you voted for. Don't bitch.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:14:35 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »
Only in the dying stages of a nation could the top official of your financial system come out and say they are flat-out opposed to any calls of independent review of their activities and "strongly opposed...to any effort to audit" their operations...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102447544

And these idiots (in the Fed and covering it) continue the kabuki that rates might be raised!

Uhh huh, and in the start big work small strategy we see JP Morgan Chase preparing to charge customers for the high honor and fiduciary privilege of parking their fiat with their respected institution.

The stupid is about to pick up speed...

Screw it all anyhow...

::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2015, 12:03:04 PM »
Uh oh!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-26/initial-jobless-claims-surge-most-2013

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts millions more serfs will be moved off the labor force participation population!

Ahh, the freedom of being nobody, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »
Another good Stockman breakdown...basically, "Shat meet fan, fan, this is shat"!

But hey, no worries!  The PTBs have a new superfantastic trading tool to play with, so...the shearing can continue with even greater speed and efficiency!  Yaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2015, 07:19:03 AM »
Former insider says equity market is rigged for insiders...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-10/former-sec-director-admits-truth-market-rigged

...nothing new to us, might be new to someone who didn't think they were clueless before...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2015, 06:40:44 AM »
I am finding it hard to come up with much criticism of this Cripsin Odey warning of immenent market chaos, he repeats the shorting opportunity too, which in such an event is the right direction to bet on, just know going in that a) the markets are still rigged for the big boys and 2) pick you targets and timing carefully.  If PMs get hammered in the carnage it could present another buying opportunity to take advantage of...and remember that it is going to be hard to tell when the last opportunity presents itself because the way things are now you will not know until the supply simply is just not there to deliver...and the retail inventory is likely to be the first to be noticed by regular folk.

And as a companion piece...I do not find it odd that the Fed could possible lose track of the peasants, after all, Obama and Prog's haven't...it is their key strategy for the middle class...eliminate them...make two classes - the ruling elite and the rabble.

Oh, and remember, perhaps more than the banks they tell us about, it's the ones they don't tell us about that are failing that put things into scary perspective.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:53:59 AM by Libertas »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2015, 10:12:16 AM »
he repeats the shorting opportunity too, which in such an event is the right direction to bet on, just know going in that a) the markets are still rigged for the big boys and 2) pick you targets and timing carefully. 

You can only Short if you fully know the timing.  Otherwise you are losing as the stocks keep going up via QE - official and unoffical.
If they have their way the market won't really collapse again ( by 6500+ points)  till the paper you could get from it is worthless anyway

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2015, 11:24:31 AM »
he repeats the shorting opportunity too, which in such an event is the right direction to bet on, just know going in that a) the markets are still rigged for the big boys and 2) pick you targets and timing carefully. 

You can only Short if you fully know the timing.  Otherwise you are losing as the stocks keep going up via QE - official and unoffical.
If they have their way the market won't really collapse again ( by 6500+ points)  till the paper you could get from it is worthless anyway

It is safer to jump into a Double-short ETF now and then cash out once it starts bouncing off the floor...

But you are still in their casino...  ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #339 on: March 16, 2015, 11:47:10 AM »
“The real fiscal disaster that’s facing us, it’s right in our face. It’s not the fiscal operating debt per se which is 18 and a half trillion, it’s unfunded obligations. I calculated in ‘Liberty and Tyranny’ that we were talking about 80 to 100 trillion. In the ‘Liberty Amendments’ I said over 100 trillion. This economist says between 100 and 200 trillion. I ask you this: Is a country off the rails if it doesn’t know if it’s in debt $100 Trillion or $200 Trillion?“-Mark Levin

The man who has followed this for the longest time is Prof. Laurence Kotlikoff of Boston University. He has created a great deal of embarrassment for the government by his relentless pursuit of the statistical implications of the statistics released by the Congressional Budget Office.

The Congressional Budget Office has a way to avoid this, namely, to cease publishing the statistics that Kotlikoff has used to expose the real condition of the United States government.

Kotlikoff referred to this suppression of information in an article that appeared in Forbes.

The CBO has two sets of books. This is what any Ponzi scheme requires. It releases one set of books to the rubes in the financial media, who are perfectly content to quote from it, when they are even aware of it. This is called the Extended Baseline Forecast or EBF.

The second set of books is called the Alternative Fiscal Scenario or AFS. Here’s how Kotlikoff describes the difference.

In past years, the CBO simultaneously released what it calls its Alternative Fiscal Scenario. This forecast is what CBO actually projects future taxes and spending to be given not just the laws in place, but also how Congress and the Administration have been bending and changing the laws through time. In short, the Alternative Fiscal Scenario (AFS) is what the CBO thinks we’re facing absent a truly dramatic and sustained shift in fiscal policy.

Because of Kotlikoff’s ability to get news coverage for the AFS, the CBO decided this year not to publish it.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/thanks-obama-mark-levin-on-the-real-fiscal-disaster-facing-u-s-200-trillion-unfunded-liability-debt/

But those trashy fat-assed Lebanese broads are on TV...how the Hell is Jack & Jill Schmoe supposed to give a damn?
When the rioting, screaming, pillaging, raping and dying happens it will be too late!

Welcome to "Too Late".