Author Topic: The Economy is Going to Implode  (Read 123673 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Economy is Going to Implode
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
Pretty good explanation of how the PTB's have ginned up growth to mask our decline...only it's been exacerbated by Obamanomics and forced the Fed to grossly manipulate things to where there is bubbles everywhere.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-20/peter-schiff-inflation-and-gdp-distractor
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2013, 08:49:25 AM »
I will never regret spending money on extra food, surplus ammunition and other essentials. Working now on restoring my Jeep CJ7 as a go anywhere vehicle.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »
That's what I keep telling myself, too, and anybody else I can get to listen.  Money will be worth nothing soon; might as well invest what we can in material goods while we can.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
I got a small windfall coming in November...hopefully I can effect that transfer quickly!   ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
" Nasdaq halted trading in all securities Thursday until further notice due to a problem affecting quote dissemination.

Dozens of publicly traded companies, including high-profile companies such as Apple, Microsoft and Facebook, were showing their shares halted. The Nasdaq status message was time stamped at 12:14:03 ET.

Dow Jones reported at 1:06 pm ET that trading would resume "shortly," though the exact timing was not clear.

Despite the freeze, Nasdaq that it will not cancel orders. "Nasdaq will not be canceling open orders on the book. Customers who wish to cancel their orders may do so and any customer who wishes to not participate in the re-opening should cancel their orders prior to the resumption of trading," said a spokesman.

A spokesman for the SEC said, "We are monitoring the situation and are in close contact with the exchanges."

The Nasdaq options markets also issued a "system update" saying they were recommending firms route all open orders elsewhere.

The New York Stock Exchange said it had halted trading in all Nasdaq securities at its request and was cancelling orders. The NYSE otherwise declined comment. The CME said that it was seeing 'no impact' from Nasdaq's trading halt.

(Read more: 'Knight-mare': Trading Glitches May Just Get Worse)

"You can't trade if you can't get the quotes out," said Rich Repetto of Sandler O'Neill Partners.

"They want everybody else to shut down Tape C trading so they can restart over at the Nasdaq and until they do they can't restart", said CNBC contributor Pete Najarian. Tape C refers to any securities traded over the Nasdaq.

"When everyone comes back online at the same time that's when even more dangerous things can happen in the marketplace," said Sal Arnuk, the co-founder of Themis Trading.

"If I was back in the days of 10 years ago managing 300 traders I'd put the directive out to every one of them 'we don't put any orders in at the open' ... no one trades for 60 minutes," said Joe Terranova, chief market strategist for Virtus Investment Partners and a CNBC contributor.

Despite the quote problem, stocks overall were up in the early afternoon."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100968086

H/T FM radio news report, then Drudge.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »
There are no free markets...there is only the illusion of free markets.  That part about not cancelling the orders kills me...given intervening price movements some people may not be able to alter their orders, so they'll be officially bent over...but the HFT algos I'm sure covered the right side of that glitch.  Silly peasants!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
There are no free markets...there is only the illusion of free markets.  That part about not cancelling the orders kills me...given intervening price movements some people may not be able to alter their orders, so they'll be officially bent over...but the HFT algos I'm sure covered the right side of that glitch.  Silly peasants!
..........The stock market is for uber wealthy.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
..........The stock market is for uber wealthy.

And even then it's dog-eat-dog.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2013, 06:45:15 AM »
Oh lookie, it's the Euro's turn to slam on the brakes.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-26/new-week-starts-another-full-market-halt

And the FedBeast Jackson Hole comfab came up with bupkiss!  LOL!  Don't know how to unwind?  Yeah...no unwinding, just crying!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »
So, the Fed blinks and backs off tapering and stawks go nuts, PMs go nuts, oil and coffee and lumber and wheat...oh wait, stimuflation...hmm, oh yeah dollar getting creamed...but treasuries are saved and the equity markets are happy growth targets have been missed!  Did I miss anything?

::facepalm::

Anything we can do to make the impact hurt more once over the cliff...I guess that's the plan...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2013, 07:28:08 AM »
Greenspan is off his rocker...or meds...or both!  First, he says politics is riping the country apart and then disparages the Tea Party for polarizing politics while at the same time decrying the evils of deficit spending?  How the hell can deficit spending be done away with if Tea Party candidates are discarded in favor of the very same RINOs who pal up with the Dem's and bloat government more and more each year and pile up more deficits and add to the national debt?!

What a jackass!!!

http://www.politico.com/playbook/0913/playbook11706.html

Greenspan can KMA!   ::mooning::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2013, 08:42:27 AM »
Greenspan is off his rocker...or meds...or both!  First, he says politics is riping the country apart and then disparages the Tea Party for polarizing politics while at the same time decrying the evils of deficit spending?  How the hell can deficit spending be done away with if Tea Party candidates are discarded in favor of the very same RINOs who pal up with the Dem's and bloat government more and more each year and pile up more deficits and add to the national debt?!

What a jackass!!!

The most infuriating thing about lefties is that the refuse to acknowledge  the Tea Party is a reaction to them. They refuse to admit they are the bullies telling other how to live.
How dare we not accept their tyranny cheerfully.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »

What a jackass!!!

The most infuriating thing about lefties is that the refuse to acknowledge  the Tea Party is a reaction to them. They refuse to admit they are the bullies telling other how to live.
How dare we not accept their tyranny cheerfully.

The Dem lefties realize this...it is why they cozy up to RINOs and ask them wtf is wrong with that Tea Party clown...the lefties really refusing to acknowledge the Tea Party reaction as reflective upon they and their treachery is the leftiest in the GOP!

And neither brand says bullying is fine...   ::speechless::  The one is the bully all the fricken time and the latter is a battered spouse too punch-drunk and delusional to know they are being bullied!

Yes, how dare we not accept ANY of their tyranny cheerfully!  But I will cheerfully defy them...and I'll tell ya another thing that will make me even more cheerful...but that will have to be in a PM! 
 ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2013, 06:49:54 AM »
Another for the "Hmmm...what to they know that we don't?" files - US Banks loading ATMs with 20-30% more fiat

Que ominous soundtrack...

::foilhathelicopter::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2013, 07:04:05 AM »
It was always going to be Yellen...it's all over but for the screamin'...and cryin', and starvin', and bleedin' and dyin'.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-09/peter-schiff-warns-yellens-nomination-means-any-qe-taper-expectations-are-delusional

Print and buy your won paper, print and buy, print, buy, print, buy, print...

::facepalm::

Finalize your SHTF plans...once the Pubbies cave on ObamaCare, Spending and the Debt ceiling all the pieces will be in place to really pump this bubble beyond its breaking point!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2013, 11:40:11 AM »
Obama...doing for America what has been done to the WH gift shop...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/10/shelves-empty-at-bankrupt-white-house-gift-shop/

::hysterical::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »
Perhaps if they sold more things that We the People wanted such as Obama targets along with all the regime's notable scum, they could make big bucks. However as it stands today, I despise them for allowing an obvious American hating presidential usurper to stay in the Spite House unencumbered by the vast destruction in his wake. Shove it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2013, 07:23:34 AM »
Perhaps if they sold more things that We the People wanted such as Obama targets along with all the regime's notable scum, they could make big bucks. However as it stands today, I despise them for allowing an obvious American hating presidential usurper to stay in the Spite House unencumbered by the vast destruction in his wake. Shove it!

::hysterical::  Pull!

Oh, and BTW...thanks to the SCoaMF and his merry band of wealth-destroying fanatics...looks like a real Bah-Humbug of a Christmas season is in the offing!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-14/22-reasons-be-concerned-about-us-economy-we-head-holiday-season

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2013, 09:58:26 AM »

Oh, and BTW...thanks to the SCoaMF and his merry band of wealth-destroying fanatics...looks like a real Bah-Humbug of a Christmas season is in the offing!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-14/22-reasons-be-concerned-about-us-economy-we-head-holiday-season
Guns and related components will be the new "thing" for Christmas and who could blame us.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2013, 11:27:28 AM »

Guns and related components will be the new "thing" for Christmas and who could blame us.

Been that way for me the past few years...no need to change now!   ::thumbsup::