Author Topic: The Economy is Going to Implode  (Read 127826 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Economy is Going to Implode
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »

Hey Remember when Jesus told you to take up your sword and go to your neighbors house, take his wealth, cutting his throat if he attempts to stop you, and then taking that wealth to go do good works?  Yeah, neither do I.  Had a libtard take exception when I said that once. Told me that in the old testament "charity" is derived from Justice and that Jews had some sort of mandatory collection for the poor as a form of "justice" ( Yep, thats right. Social Justice)  Completely lost on this jerk were the facts that  1) New Testament and Jesus used :Charity" as derived from the word "love" 2)  That they obviously on't give a crap about the separation of church and state when they are trying to impose the laws of a religious sect on everyone.

But we all knew that Leftism is a religion.

The whole the political-economic scheme is self-defeating, and this is why we DO NOT have capitalism, because capitalism can only thrive when all who participate in it value work, value achievement and value reward for risk and achievment.

I would go further.  In Capitalism VALUE is what is traded..  The value of something is determined by the individual, and it must be traded voluntarily. If we didn't value what others have more then what we have,  then no trade would occur.

Any system in which the symbols of value (money) is  corrupted is not capitalism
Any system in which transactions concerning value are coerced isn't capitalism
Any system in which those who corrupt the symbols of money or coerce trades are not punished, isn't capitalism

Who is against Capitalism then?
Those who produce noting or little of value to others, and who wish to consume more than they produce.
They therefore must survive by  begging, lying, tricking, stealing or killing others for what they produce, and therefore advocate debasing currencies and corrupting govt systems so that they aid in coercing trades, rather than in preventing that behavior.

They will of course tell you its for "your own good",  they will tell themselves its because "they care", but in the end it ALWAYS boils don to this : They are worthless parasites who wish to leech off of others and consume more value than they produce.
ALWAYS.

I quite naturally approve of your additional definitions.

And I gotta remember that Leftist Jesus quote!  That'll spin some gourds!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
"The oligarchs count on the fact math challenged, iGadget distracted, Facebook focused, public school educated morons will never understand the impact of inflation on their daily lives."

Aye, full steam ahead!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-19/smoking-gun-federal-reserves-murder-middle-class

There will be a high price paid for being stupid and unprepared for what's coming...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
I read somewhere last year that average income had regressed to 1992 levels, and needless to say a dollar in 1992 was worth quite a bit more than a dollar today. So it has declined not only in absolute terms, but the relative value has declined even more.

The article bemoans the destruction of the saving mindset. Who would "save" money today? I think the last piece of junk mail I got from my bank advertised a savings account that bears something like 0.15% interest. When you can't get an interest rate that at least matches the inflation rate, you aren't "saving" jack sh*t. Everything thus converges on the stock market as the only investment vehicle that can actually beat inflation, and the wizards of smart trumpet this like it's proof that all is hunky dory in the economy.

How much longer can this go on?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2014, 11:37:06 AM »
It will continue until something happens that permanently changes the status quo...like a successful replacement of the dollar as world reserve currency...and the curtains behind the Fed get thrown wide open for all to see...then maybe the fan-shatting will go parabolic...

Maybe...

As long as the Fed and its banking and brokerage minions, the Ruling Class politicos, the MFM and crony capitalists act to calm the sheeple, then there will be no stampede and no revolution in the streets...

Unless a structural shattering event they cannot control or hide comes about...business as usual...

But in the long run this much erosion in the quality and quantity of jobs, earnings and overall standard of living cannot go on forever, so if the major shocks are controlled, there will have to be a WTF moment that awakens most of the sheeple....

But predicting sheeple awakening is not anything I care to prognosticate on...there track record to date being what it is...they'll remain stupid up until the point the are walked into the slaughterhouse...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »

As long as the Fed and its banking and brokerage minions, the Ruling Class politicos, the MFM and crony capitalists act to calm the sheeple, then there will be no stampede and no revolution in the streets...

This is the one I think you should bet your money on..  They will simply allow a long slow slide into 3rd world status - impoverishing everyone as best they can, until finally we reach a point where they can't print enough money to make the EBTs work -- then there will be a war.  This will allows the govt to seize and ration food for "the war effort"  - to be taken seriously by the American people they will allow  (or create)  a Nuke strike somewhere, and possibly an EMP- but I doubt it.. unles Alex Jones is right and we are completely co-opted by Illuminati/NWO forces. But then if that is the case, and wholesale slaughter of 90% of the American people is in the cards,  then  you aren't going to be able to fight that-- be it by EMP or Disease, or just plain old Nukes,  they will get it done, and you can't stop it, and probably don't want to survive it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2014, 06:56:47 AM »

This is the one I think you should bet your money on..  They will simply allow a long slow slide into 3rd world status - impoverishing everyone as best they can, until finally we reach a point where they can't print enough money to make the EBTs work -- then there will be a war.  This will allows the govt to seize and ration food for "the war effort"  - to be taken seriously by the American people they will allow  (or create)  a Nuke strike somewhere, and possibly an EMP- but I doubt it.. unles Alex Jones is right and we are completely co-opted by Illuminati/NWO forces. But then if that is the case, and wholesale slaughter of 90% of the American people is in the cards,  then  you aren't going to be able to fight that-- be it by EMP or Disease, or just plain old Nukes,  they will get it done, and you can't stop it, and probably don't want to survive it.

I say push them, hard!  Either they back down or it all burns...I would rather it all burn than have the only part of humanity that survives be statist trash.  At some point it will be put to the test...how much longer people like us supposed to take this shyt sitting down?  We already see people trying to fight back at Bunkerville and elsewhere...critical mass could be coming...and I say making the statists show their true nature on a larger scale has benefits.

Did you see this news?

http://news.yahoo.com/u-utilitys-control-system-hacked-says-homeland-security-224253314--finance.html

I expect your first impression might be a lot like mine...just which side is doing this test?

And if there is a widespread pushback on statists, it will have to come from the people, politics is dead, this stupid primary news proves it yet again!

We will have BITS!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
FOMC bullsplatter...

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?board=8.0

Complacency?  Huh, what?  Yeah I got bored a long long time ago...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-21/fomc-minutes-show-fed-fears-no-inflation-risk-worries-about-complacency

Inflation is tame - All Is Well, Everything Is Awesome!

::hysterical::

They do have a dark sense of humor, don't they?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2014, 07:40:50 AM »
More good news...

...well, good in the sense that is destructive...so, progressive good news...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-21/more-half-black-college-graduates-get-job-does-not-require-college-degree-cepr-finds

Look for that percentage to really spike in the coming months...

Earnings -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-21/keynesian-economy-one-chart

...we can call that one another Obama Effect.

Homeownership, what is the goal again?  Nevermind, if your servicer eff's up, too bad, no bitching!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-21/coercive-unethical-banks-hold-mortgages-hostage-over-non-disparagement-gag-order

...don't sign that shyt!  And, umm, know what you are signing!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2014, 08:35:56 AM »
In the world of phoney-baloney numbers and rampant cornyism and corruption...we cannot be too far behind these monkeys, can we?

::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2014, 08:05:02 AM »
Retail has been suffering for a while now, people are no longer spending willy-nilly, the good times are over...people just trying to get by, and the increase in outsourcing to low-labor nations will continue to squeeze the life out of domestic (largely union-driven) industry...it will be a slow ride down I think, commercial real estate has been flat for some time, the jobless/incomeless (cough!) recovery (bullsh*t!, cough!) and everything is awesome facade will come down, and this could be what kicks it all off for everything!  Short-term gimmicks to gin up the flow of cheap goods...and as soon as the Fed is forced to raise rates or continue the devaluation of the dollar...well, Bass thinks the Fed will be beholden to acting on the magical 6% U3 unemployment rate...which I find high-larious...and raise rates...I call BS on that, they may be paralyzed with fear first, neither raising rates or going beyond the norm with QE efforts...and cross their fingers...but I think the slide into the pooper in an election year will cause the wires from the White House to the Fed and from the Cronys on Wall St to the Fed will glow red with pleas of "save us! save us!" that would be better off told to bugger off.

Should be a good show anyway...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2014, 08:14:18 AM »
Bass thinks the Fed will be beholden to acting on the magical 6% U3 unemployment rate...which I find high-larious...and raise rates...I call BS on that, they may be paralyzed with fear first, neither raising rates or going beyond the norm with QE efforts...and cross their fingers...but I think the slide into the pooper in an election year will cause the wires from the White House to the Fed and from the Cronys on Wall St to the Fed will glow red with pleas of "save us! save us!" that would be better off told to bugger off.

Yeah, they aren't going to touch QE policy till November at the earliest. A rise in the rates would instantly kill Housing and destroy a lot of people barely on the edge. That is why they delayed all of the Obamacare regs as well.  No point in seeing that U3 unemployment rate spike till after the midterms, and they know perfectly well that the decreases in U# have been from people leaving the workforce altogether (long term unemployed no longer looking) , not from people finding jobs.  They have the churn set now so its a very slow bleed. They aren't going to mess with it. 

Damned if you do. Damned if you Don't.  Point of no return was passed quite some time ago.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2014, 08:43:57 AM »
Bass thinks the Fed will be beholden to acting on the magical 6% U3 unemployment rate...which I find high-larious...and raise rates...I call BS on that, they may be paralyzed with fear first, neither raising rates or going beyond the norm with QE efforts...and cross their fingers...but I think the slide into the pooper in an election year will cause the wires from the White House to the Fed and from the Cronys on Wall St to the Fed will glow red with pleas of "save us! save us!" that would be better off told to bugger off.

Yeah, they aren't going to touch QE policy till November at the earliest. A rise in the rates would instantly kill Housing and destroy a lot of people barely on the edge. That is why they delayed all of the Obamacare regs as well.  No point in seeing that U3 unemployment rate spike till after the midterms, and they know perfectly well that the decreases in U# have been from people leaving the workforce altogether (long term unemployed no longer looking) , not from people finding jobs.  They have the churn set now so its a very slow bleed. They aren't going to mess with it. 

Damned if you do. Damned if you Don't.  Point of no return was passed quite some time ago.

Yup, and this also makes it more likely if another element of the global economy gets zapped that their response will be totally inadequate to alleviate it.  Instability and uncertainty will rise, and that causes the sheeple to be more prone to panic and if they lose them they are really screwed.  They have to do whatever it takes to keep the illusion of prosperity going no matter who is harmed along the way.

It's hard not to see the mother-of-all-boomerangs coming...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2014, 09:36:56 AM »
It's just not the areas hit by e-commerce, either.  It's bread and butter (literally in some instances) retail.  WalMart, Target, Kohls and the like.

Retailmageddon is how I've seen it portrayed, in the past.  Yes, people have seen this coming.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2014, 11:24:41 AM »
Another odd sign too, not sure if it is indicative of another sector that spoiled brat American's view as beneath them and their degrees in gender studies that was somehow going to give them a 6-figure salary fresh out of Anyrinkydink University or what...but in my area it seems like a lot (sometimes a clear majority) of the employees in these stores are from Russia and Eastern Europe...

::whatgives::

But hey, at least they are working!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2014, 08:08:02 AM »
GDP Revised.  -1% for 1Q2014

http://bea.gov/newsreleases/national/GDP/GDPnewsrelease.htm

And that is the new calculation ( which does not yet include black market items and hookers..)

More fun numbers:
Deficit so far in this fiscal year is  756,774,038,248.17 - this includes that push forward from the "shutdown" so call it 600 billion.  Annualized rate will be 900-Billion - 1 Trillion.  They are suggesting our 1Q2014 annualized gdp was 17.100 trillion.  So 5% of current GDP is simply BORROWED MONEY.  Federal Budget is about 3.7 Trillion - or 21% of GDP. Total Govt spending at all levels  is 6 Trillion  - or around 35% of our GDP. And you know, the GDP - even with all of that phony - non-private sector spending - most of which was a handout to someone for creating NOTHING OF VALUE -  we are STILL posting 1% LOSS in 1Q2014

Tick Tock.  Tick  Tock.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2014, 08:41:53 AM »
Screw it, time to push past ludicrous speed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »
Funny, no one is reporting our economic numbers other than Fox.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #217 on: May 29, 2014, 09:06:25 AM »
Don't forget to add the Obamacare discount!

Without Obamacare the economy would have contracted by 2%

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
Without any Obama period it would have expanded a real 10-12% + overnight!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2014, 11:35:06 AM »
Don't forget to add the Obamacare discount!

Without Obamacare the economy would have contracted by 2%
I thought Obamadontcare was supposed to reduce cost of healthcare by X%
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.