Author Topic: The Economy is Going to Implode  (Read 127815 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: The Economy is Going to Implode
« Reply #560 on: August 28, 2021, 09:22:17 AM »
“The Federal Reserve will build & test a hypothetical digital currency oriented to central bank uses.”
-- Federal Reserve Board governor, Lael Brainard

Coinspeaker

Brainard stated the Facebook Libra project “imparted urgency” to the conversation around digital currencies.
Translation: "We started sh*tting bricks @ the thought of a company issuing a digital currency -- so we shut that down ASAP -- because we want the control!"

Hmm . . . digital currency sounds quick, easy & "convenient" -- until they turn the tap off your bank account, or set up a social scoring system. They'll know where you spend every penny (bars, stores, charities). It may provide "greater value" -- but will insure "infinite control":

• Didn't spend your stimulus $$ quick enough -- so we're taking some of it back.
  • We don't approve of the charity you're funding -- & have redirected those $$ to BLM
  • You've been buying too many candy bars -- not healthy -- we're turning you "off" for a week/month/??
  • You've failed to Vax -- & will be fined until you comply!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 09:27:45 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #561 on: August 30, 2021, 11:02:29 AM »
Reply - You are thugs and thieves...prepare for judgement!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #562 on: September 07, 2021, 11:57:41 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #563 on: September 17, 2021, 09:19:39 AM »
Last September, for instance, Jerome Powell bemoaned the "relative stagnation of income" for people with lower incomes in the United States, but then claimed the Fed "doesn't have the tools" to address this issue. Instead, Powell, being the chairman of this ostensibly "independent" and "nonpolitical" central bank, called for the federal government to engage in fiscal policy efforts at income redistribution.

Powell, of course, is wrong, and he probably knows he's wrong. In any case, if the Fed were actually concerned about wealth and income inequality, the Fed would stop doing what it has done over the past decade. It would end its ultralow interest rate policy and quantitative easing.

These policies have been at the center of the post–Great Recession economy, in which wealthy owners of stocks and real estate become ever more fabulously wealthy, even as ordinary people face stagnating employment, low economic growth, and a rising cost of living. This only accelerated during the economic crises of 2020, when endless Fed efforts to prop up the stock market meant that financial markets soared—and with them the portfolios of the wealthy—even as unemployment rose to record levels. Even Jim Cramer could see what was happening and declared Fed policy to be a part of "one of the greatest wealth transfers in history."
In her new book, Engine of Inequality: The Fed and the Future of Wealth in America, Karen Petrou looks in detail at how Fed policy over the past decade—especially quantitative easing (QE) and ultralow interest rates—have benefited the wealthy while leaving most ordinary people behind.

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/fed-bailing-out-wealthy-everyone-else-pays-price

You don't have to know all the details of modern finance and economics, you do not need write a book to understand, you don't even have to read a book or even (see Cramer above) be all that bright...most people know the elite are harvesting the non-elite...and from time to time feeding on each other...and it's not hard to see the political-economic power orchestrating it...if one wants to be ignorant then ignorant they will be.

Ayn Rand once said "You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the result of ignoring reality".  That I expect many will feel intimately...

Hey, maybe see more of this going on...but in higher-value targets...  ????

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/enraged-evergrande-investors-go-full-pitchfork-hold-management-hostage-company-offices

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #564 on: September 17, 2021, 11:49:38 AM »
Update - Wow, great timing on this news...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/474344-corruption-at-the-federal-reserve-shocking-i-know/

I know, so shocking and unexpected, right?

/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #565 on: September 21, 2021, 11:17:12 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #566 on: September 28, 2021, 09:26:39 AM »
FedClowns dropping like flies...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/boston-fed-president-eric-rosengren-retire-after-ethics-issue

...corruption and/or ejecting from a doomed ride...

And the Fed won't End...

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/ron-paul-exposes-federal-reserves-biggest-scandal

...by any political action...it will End when it's failure finally manifests in total implosion...

Meanwhile, the circle-jerking continues in The Swamp...

https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/27/senate-republicans-filibuster-government-funding-bill-debt-ceiling-three-days-shutdown/

...blah blah blah, PurpleTeam swamp dance...   ::mooning::

Some old hands still whipping the dead horse...

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/09/dems-blame-potential-shutdown-on-gop.php

...fiddling while Nero plays with matches...

It's getting easier and easier by the day to not GAFF...and ALL the guilty will pay one way or another...one time or another...

About all the old hands got right is these CoC cucks will get what they deserve...and after the usual comprehension problem, the old hands realize in the end the big-buck-blowout is a foregone conclusion.  Man, these old hands like to torture themselves...

::)

And with inflation not abating...Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years looking like a total dud...markets roiling...the over-maligned carbon-based blood feeding the engines of the world show no signs of retreating from the stratosphere...

And the unlawful vax mandate thuggery et al has yet to fully ripple through...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #567 on: September 30, 2021, 09:17:15 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/market-crash-nobody-thinks-possible-coming

It is entirely possible that the Big One is about to happen.  Then again every year (often many times a year) I say things to the effect that never have so few been so insane with the unsustainable...only to see the insanity get worse...

Certainly the unsustainable has to be ready to assert it's reality, yes?

Anyway...usual suspects are pointing at October...but a quad-witching hour hit already on the 17th of this month and has its next Dec 17th.

Quadruple witching happens four times per year when stock index futures, stock index options, stock options, and single stock futures expire simultaneously.

Most people with 401k's could be porked...if like my Co and their plan administrator which is a huge Wall St outfit...investment options are severely limited...there is no escape from crashes...all most people can do is diversify between stocks and bonds which will still lose value...

Some only allow for more choices if one opens an affiliated IRA account with that same administrator...but then again you are wither investing in "paper" gold investments and the like which is not the same as owning physical...at best you can park it in cash and hope if the fiat survives it isn't Weimar useless...

I just shut my contributions off...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #568 on: October 04, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »
Another Fed insider caught red-handed in the trading jar...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fed-vice-chair-clarida-traded-millions-one-day-powell-emergency-pandemic-statement

...they're special...everyone else is not.

And as for meat shortage here and the higher prices...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/running-out-space-uk-farmers-cull-120000-pigs-amid-labor-shortages-slaughterhouses

...has to be culling happening here too.

And cargo rates are already ridiculous...don't seem to be trending better...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/deep-ship-deep-dive-supply-chain-crisis

...every metric is bad...this is a total fustercluck that won't unravel easily or quickly...

And while the typical Russophiles bemoan the lack of Amerikanski inclusion in exposing the corrupt global elite (we know who most every one of them are and if you don't you are not paying very good attention!)...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/pandora-papers-leak-claims-expose-hidden-wealth-putin-other-foreign-leaders

...the corrupt elite are global, are coordinating with each other when it benefits them and competing with each other if an advantage is to be gained.

ETA - https://youtu.be/v6Cy9GAGPKQ
H/T-CTH

May not even get a lump of coal on Christmas...as that is short in areas...areas with stupid leftists running things especially.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 09:15:23 AM by Libertas »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #569 on: October 04, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »
I watched the Duran and they said the trucker shortage was a result of treating the truckers like crap, under paying them, and a decline in rest stops. The pro EU people want to blame Brexit.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #570 on: October 06, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
 ::siren:: ::siren:: ::siren:: ::siren:: ::siren::

Check out this epitaph...

A trillion-dollar platinum coin could be minted "within hours of the Treasury Secretary's decision to do so," "Voila, we'd have bought ourselves the equivalent of a trillion-dollar increase in the debt limit, without any impact on inflation,"
https://www.axios.com/trillion-dollar-platinum-coin-mint-janet-yellen-223e7722-d7ba-47c9-b5f6-49a841d181de.html

::saywhat:: 

H/T-WZ

Could this be it?

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #571 on: October 06, 2021, 10:01:54 PM »
If you don't care about folks, or the debt you've run up, or the long term implications of guaranteed pensions you can't pay, etc. etc. . . .

. . . and you'd like to enjoy your stash & lifestyle without the "little people" . . .

. . . what's the long term solution?

Vaccinations
"This ain't Rock 'n Roll . . . this is Genocide!"
~David Bowie, Diamond Dogs
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:37:59 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #572 on: October 07, 2021, 08:21:52 AM »
As per usual...post-turtle bent over and lifted up his tail...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/default-averted-now-after-senate-reportedly-reaches-debt-ceiling-deal

...and we were so close to Zimbabwe...

...well, postponed is all it is...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #573 on: October 07, 2021, 12:46:17 PM »

H/T-WZ

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #575 on: October 07, 2021, 05:51:28 PM »
We contracted in April with a local company for six new windows.  They called today to schedule the install; the windows just came in yesterday, from APRIL.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #576 on: October 08, 2021, 08:40:32 AM »
I got one with a pane cracked I taped with clear tape last winter...

Nobody wants to bother with one window...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #577 on: October 08, 2021, 01:29:55 PM »
To  avoid confusion. Two oak stained LR double hung windows, one sash with cracked glass, both taken apart to replace broken sash cords. Two painted over oak windows, one sash with cracked glass and both with major hardware issues.

I had that issue with broken glass.  So I took them to Beisswenger's , a local hardware store. They fixed them. I paid an extra $10 each to get them in a few days. The problem is that the oak stained windows were hard to disassemble and I did not take notes on the order. I broke the parting stop/bead (1/2 in by 3/4 in) (a common occurrence with old windows)  so I needed to buy that, pine, and stain it (I left the stain on too long).

I have a problem on the order of putting in the stops, the metal flashing, etc. I have no skills in that area. You have to pivot the sashes to get them in place but they must slide up over metal flashing with ridges so maybe only have one small nail but then how to reach the other nail hole after you slide the sash in etc.  I took both LR windows apart to replace the broken sash cords. In the LR the sash cord access doors are under the flashing, unlike other such windows (I could not even find them)  and form part of the parting bead recess to make things difficult.

I also took apart two painted over windows, one cracked. One has NO sash cords and no way to keep them in place or a way to allow them to slide. The other is similar.

So, I decided to replace both painted over windows with pocket/insert windows after wasting time and money fixing and painting the windows. I had done 6 already to replace rotted windows years ago, custom sized. BUT now custom sized cost much more and would take until December.

So, yesterday, after carefully measuring, I went to home depot (I prefer menards) and bought two stock sized series 50 single hung American craftsman windows for $150 each. Stock series 70 double hung might cost $220 as I recall, and they have wider trim and look more like old windows.

One window is about 2 inches too narrow so I need to put spacer boards on either side AND make sure I extend the stops to keep them from falling out during installation. Normally you just push the pocket window in until it hits the stops. The other window is about 2 inches too short, so I need to put spacer boards along the top, an easier issue. One window is almost an exact fit in height but I have to tilt them in. If that is too high I will have to slide them in from the outside after removing the stops.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #578 on: October 08, 2021, 04:17:20 PM »
I remember Beisswenger's in New Brighton when they first opened their old store...

Didn't think of that...these lift out, these are that white plastic lift out kind...   ::thinking::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #579 on: October 09, 2021, 11:44:28 AM »
I wonder if those can be re-glazed or need to be replaced. I imagine a sash can be built to order by the maker such as Andersen windows. They do make custom sizes.

I managed to break some of my pocket windows. Some will not stay up. When I decide to fix them I wonder what to do.

BTW Beissweners also treads pipe for a reasonable amount. I replaced all my radiator valves years ago as they were all either stuck open or shut. Went to Gopher plumbing, the go to place.  A 1 inch valve is still a 1 inch valve but ........ It is shorter in height by maybe 3/4 inch so the galvanized pipe feeding it from below must have enough play to reach up. It leaked.  I had a longer pipe made but grew tired or wrestling with the radiator. It is hard to explain if you have not done it.

So I replaced it with 1 inch O2 barrier pex. Not real flexible but more flex than steel.