Author Topic: Secession Petitions  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Secession Petitions
« on: November 13, 2012, 07:19:12 AM »
OK, now we are up to 20 states, might as well start chronicling this movement!

Petitions have been filed for Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/11/12/states-petition-obama-administration-to-secede/

Oddly enough, it is getting a log of media attention, not just the blogosphere -

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/11/white-house-website-deluged-with-secession-petitions-from-19-states/

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/secession-petitions-flood-white-house-website-149291.html

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Texas-secession-petition-grows-on-White-House-4030870.php

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-may-respond-texas-secession-petition-212328772--election.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57548572/states-petition-to-secede-from-union/

http://midwestdemocracy.com/articles/missouri-residents-petition-white-house-secession/

http://www.prisonplanet.com/white-house-website-deluged-with-secession-petitions-from-20-states.html

http://www.redstate.com/jamesmpratt/2012/11/12/republic-of-texas-29000-citizens-sign-white-house-petition-to-secede-from-the-union/

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/12/15117305-petition-for-texas-to-secede-from-us-reaches-threshold-for-white-house-response?lite

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/267413-texas-secession-petition-gains-enough-signatures-for-white-house-response

25k signatures in 30 days require an official response.  I like this, it puts a marker down, and the Regime will have to respond.  It establishes the first in a chain of events that can be built to make the case that there is half the country that wishes to go another direction, and refusing their right to do so flies in the face of the Declaration.  I also like how libiot commenters are daring Obama to call our bluff.  It's nice to have allies in a peaceful separation, perhaps some on the Left are not completely deluded as to their prospects in a non-peaceful parting!

::thumbsup::

Looks like more than 20 now, more have been added -

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

ETA - TX has enough, can't wait to see wait the Regime says...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:32:05 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Secession Petitions
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:26:47 AM »
Where do I sign?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:31:44 AM »
Follow WH link above, you have to register.   :P

I like how libiot asswipes are trying to strike back with these petitions to exile/deport/make un-citizens of secessionists!  Must be the first time evah they are for exile and deportations!  Bloody hypocrites!

::doublebird::   ::mooning::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:56:08 AM »
Unless states support the efforts of their citizens to throw down this gauntlet, it is meaningless. All signers are accomplishing is registering for whitehouse.gov.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
Certainly I won't disagree with that sentiment, but what are you suggesting as a preamble?  A state referendum on secession?

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 09:24:26 AM »
That secession thing didn't work out real well the last time.
I'm thinking nullification may be a better way to go at this

Not sure if I want the country balkanized

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
Follow WH link above, you have to register.   :P

I like how libiot asswipes are trying to strike back with these petitions to exile/deport/make un-citizens of secessionists!  Must be the first time evah they are for exile and deportations!  Bloody hypocrites!

::doublebird::   ::mooning::

Hey I will be a non-citizen. As an illegal you can't be deported by the regime (and even if they did, where would they deport you to?) , you pay no taxes, have access to all of the benefits and your life pretty much remains unchanged. Hell in most places you will still be allowed to vote.

Still not seeing the downside..

Fact is, we aren't citizens of this government, The Government we signed up for was limited in scope and didn't have the power to violate your inalienable rights.  We didn't leave the country. the Country left us.

Offline robins111

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »
This is watched with great interest in some circles in Canada, largely because of the attempts by Quebec to do the same.  The difference is, most of the rest of Canada would be happy to see them leave.  What's truly interesting is most of the States where the petition seems to be gaining ground are the ' producing' states which either grow food, or produce tangible products.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »

Yes, the things that support life.
Suspect it will coincide with right to work also.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
I can't help but keep circling back to the Civil War as being the moment the Federal government usurped authority not delegated to it, and that most of the debate on the nature of government and its relationship to the citizen stems directly from the consequences of the Civil War.

Yes the question of secession was "settled" but it wasn't "answered".  I think in this go-round formal secession is not only highly unlikely, but unnecessary as well. We are on track to a more de facto sort of balkanization. I would argue that the balkanization already started some time ago, but it is now beginning to crystallize.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »
Certainly I won't disagree with that sentiment, but what are you suggesting as a preamble?  A state referendum on secession?

Indeed. In some states, sufficient petition is enough to demand a ballot initiative. In other states a majority in the legislature can do it. Efforts toward something like that would be more concrete and meaningful.

But here's the thing: The pain of being in the United States of America has not become worth the destruction of it to the majority of people in ANY State. That won't happen until the federal government has tanks rolling through American cities and towns, and by then, petitions are too late, and impotent.

I like the idea of a public measure of people's disgust. Insofar as it can be meaningful enough to humiliate the Leftists, I'm all for it. But I don't like the White House being provided with a list of us by our own hand that they can use as the beginnings of a "traitor list". Not unless providing them with such a list leads to some kind of concrete solution aside from making people feel good about publicly registering their anger.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »
We are on track to a more de facto sort of balkanization. I would argue that the balkanization already started some time ago, but it is now beginning to crystallize.

They are ready to lie, cheat, steal and do anything to  enslave us. We are ready to do anything to prevent them.  Balkanization has already occurred. Its a done deal.  Its either divorce, sabotage (going Galt) , fighting in the streets, or a combination. The libtard really think we are going to laugh off this lie -- 100%  of the vote in certain districts. That is out right Saddam Hussein  cheating- and they don't care if we know it. The are depending upon us to be "Patriotic" and accept it  because we love out country. They are depending on us to be Civil, when they are asshole barbarians.  NO MORE. This is not my country. I  have no loyalty to them or our government nor  I should have - they have broken their agreement with Me.  They have used the government as a weapon to violate my inalienable rights - rather than as the protector we agreed it would  be. Balkanization isn't desirable - but it is a fact.  They won't rest until the "bitter clingers" are dead or subjugated to their tyrannical will and living together is not going to work.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »
But here's the thing: The pain of being in the United States of America has not become worth the destruction of it to the majority of people in ANY State. That won't happen until the federal government has tanks rolling through American cities and towns, and by then, petitions are too late, and impotent.

I wouldn't count on that. Overburden some regulation, land grabs, RFID tagging of people, mandatory immunizations, abolition of home schooling, forced "community service"  indoctrination of our children, and destruction of the dollar will be ongoing. Obama will keep turning up the pain till we get a succession or we get outright rebellion - probably from his own dupes, who, deprived of their bread and circuses, suddenly realize that totalitarian dictators like the Democrats don't share power with the idiot masses who vote them in.  And once firmly in power, no longer worry about appeasing them.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »

I wouldn't count on that. Overburden some regulation, land grabs, RFID tagging of people, mandatory immunizations, abolition of home schooling, forced "community service"  indoctrination of our children, and destruction of the dollar will be ongoing. Obama will keep turning up the pain till we get a succession or we get outright rebellion - probably from his own dupes, who, deprived of their bread and circuses, suddenly realize that totalitarian dictators like the Democrats don't share power with the idiot masses who vote them in.  And once firmly in power, no longer worry about appeasing them.

"Tanks rolling through the streets" was a catch-all for outright totalitarianism that people cannot turn away from. Overburdensome regulation, land grabs, mandatory immunizations, abolition of home schooling, forced "community service"  indoctrination of our children, and destruction of the dollar have been ongoing.

The Leftists most certainly will be turning up the pain. But until that pain is squarely in the faces of everyone, and there is no further ability to deny that the pain comes from the federal government, people will refuse to accept that loyalty to the United States of America in its current form - no matter how broken - is less desirable than the destruction that will follow a conscious majority decision to rebel.

And it is at that moment - as the nation balances on the edge of a razor - when the Leftist demagogues in DC will point the fingers at the "haves" and tell the "have-nots" that the pain they are experiencing is all our fault.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:40:29 AM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
Yeah, as far as the Shyt in the White House wanting an enemies list, think we all ain't on it already?  They know who we are!

I guess I am more interested in setting the stage for what is coming to claim the moral high ground, something that was a lot more difficult to do the last go around because slavery clouded the issue, without that distraction the debate can properly center on the Federal government assuming power over areas of our lives the Constitution and our Bill of Rights was designed to prevent.  We have been betrayed by traitors within, from both parties, who by their overt action or gross negligence bring us to the point where violent rebellion has been made certain.

Weisshaupt is right, we did not leave the nation, the nation through its treason to our Founding left us, just because a bunch of Left-wing assholes and GOP Rulling Class whores are OK with that does not make it right or any less treasonous.

Preparation for separation and rebellion should be on the top of everyones To Do list - individuals, families, communities and whatever intelligent local government bodies that may exist across the land.

Prepare to fight for liberty and freedom or just bend over and grab your ankles and take it like a liberal.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »
Where I am at -- and I am glad to hear Mark Levin making the same point -- is that we are not obligated to be complicit in our own demise. I don't care if a majority of voters disagree with us. Their ability to form an electoral mob means nothing. We are endowed with inalienable rights by the Creator. We have them because we exist. Just because our government has failed in its mission to protect and defend those rights doesn't mean the concept of those rights is no longer valid.

The only thing that remains now is what we've been alluding to in this thread. Something will happen, and it will probably be different for different people, but something will happen that makes the idea of direct physical resistance suddenly thinkable. It's unthinkable when people feel like they have too much to lose, not least of which their own lives, but history is full of examples where people come to a conclusion that the biggest loss would be continuing to exist as things are.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
Where I am at -- and I am glad to hear Mark Levin making the same point -- is that we are not obligated to be complicit in our own demise. I don't care if a majority of voters disagree with us. Their ability to form an electoral mob means nothing. We are endowed with inalienable rights by the Creator. We have them because we exist. Just because our government has failed in its mission to protect and defend those rights doesn't mean the concept of those rights is no longer valid.

The only thing that remains now is what we've been alluding to in this thread. Something will happen, and it will probably be different for different people, but something will happen that makes the idea of direct physical resistance suddenly thinkable. It's unthinkable when people feel like they have too much to lose, not least of which their own lives, but history is full of examples where people come to a conclusion that the biggest loss would be continuing to exist as things are.

Yeah, I just hope you're right about people learning the right lesson, recent developments do not instil much confidence.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 07:57:22 AM »
All 50 states have a petition going now.  It is what it is, a protest statement.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-house-secede-petitions-reach-660000-signatures-50-state-participation/

Oh, BTW, Perry is a pussy!  There, somebody had to say it.  Can't wait to hear Beck kiss his ass this morning...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »
All 50 states have a petition going now.  It is what it is, a protest statement.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-house-secede-petitions-reach-660000-signatures-50-state-participation/

Oh, BTW, Perry is a pussy!  There, somebody had to say it.  Can't wait to hear Beck kiss his ass this morning...

That's just one of the reasons I'm leaning away from Texas and more towards TN right now.  That, and the fact that Texas is becoming less and less White.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »

That's just one of the reasons I'm leaning away from Texas and more towards TN right now.  That, and the fact that Texas is becoming less and less White.

And TX has its fair share of Dem's...it's not like they aren't there...remember Ann Richards?!   ::speechless::

And talk about white, check out them links I had for Idaho...talk about white!   ;D