Author Topic: Dooms day Preppers  (Read 3444 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Dooms day Preppers
« on: November 13, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
TONIGHT for those of us that didn't know.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Dooms day Preppers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:31:10 PM »

What Network again?

eta:  Nevermind, got it.  National Geographic.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:36:56 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »

What Network again?

eta:  Nevermind, got it.  National Geographic.

Yes.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:54:15 PM »

a little late now

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »

a little late now

I was watching the show. Where were you? ::oldman::
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »

Chicken fried rattlesnake, mmm!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »

Holy Toledo---this eleven foot rattlesnake was found and killed last Friday at 3rd and Knoxx Street ...in the city of Odessa, Texas! My favorite Aunt lived not far from this on 10th street---with her oil well in their back yard.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »
They don't grow that big in Tennessee do they?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »

I think the eastern diamondback is more deadly than the western.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »
They don't grow that big in Tennessee do they?

I dunno and I don't really care 'cept I heard they're good eating.

Watch where you're walking and you'll be okay -- oh, and don't stick your hands into stuff willy-nilly.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
Is it just me, or are they trying even harder this season to make preppers look like idiots?

A teenage boy who steals stuff?
Worried about Category 5 Tornadoes and storing everything in glass jars?
Worried about sea-rise, moving to the TX desert, fertilizing directly from the septic, an being afraid of rattle snakes?
Worried about Radiation and being willing to stand in a tree in the fall out? No radiation protection bunker ?
Worried about Smallpox but you want to take half of your house - including the chicken coop-  to some other location before they lock down the quarantine?  Build a chicken coop up there. Put at least half of the food up there.

I'll bet everyone Nat Geo tried to get for this season was worried about financial collapse, and they were forced to say they were worried about something else. But remember FEW people think a economic collapse is coming. Its just a few nutso people like Ann Barnhardt, most of my friends, everyone on Zero hedge, and at least half the people on this forum. Ron Paul and Paul Ryan probably also fit in that category, but they are politicians so they are genuinely insane.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »

That is true. It is, in fact, the most venomous snake in North America. It only lives in the coastal plain of the Southeast. Tennessee would more likely be timber rattlesnake country.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 01:43:38 AM »
Is it just me, or are they trying even harder this season to make preppers look like idiots?

A teenage boy who steals stuff?
Worried about Category 5 Tornadoes and storing everything in glass jars?
Worried about sea-rise, moving to the TX desert, fertilizing directly from the septic, an being afraid of rattle snakes?
Worried about Radiation and being willing to stand in a tree in the fall out? No radiation protection bunker ?
Worried about Smallpox but you want to take half of your house - including the chicken coop-  to some other location before they lock down the quarantine?  Build a chicken coop up there. Put at least half of the food up there.

I'll bet everyone Nat Geo tried to get for this season was worried about financial collapse, and they were forced to say they were worried about something else. But remember FEW people think a economic collapse is coming. Its just a few nutso people like Ann Barnhardt, most of my friends, everyone on Zero hedge, and at least half the people on this forum. Ron Paul and Paul Ryan probably also fit in that category, but they are politicians so they are genuinely insane.

I agree; it looks to me like the reasons for prepping, according to NatGeo, are getting more strange.  It does pain me some to watch the show, though.  When I see what food people have put away, I feel the overwhelming urge to go shopping.  Again.

I'll tell you this as well:  another poster on my local forum is making repeated and strenuous attempts -- using math -- to draw the Lefties into a discussion of the coming crash and they are so convinced everything is going to be fine, they won't even discuss it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »

That is true. It is, in fact, the most venomous snake in North America. It only lives in the coastal plain of the Southeast. Tennessee would more likely be timber rattlesnake country.

Crotalus horridus, we have 'em in S.E. Minnie -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalus_horridus

"Typical" range map here -

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/7147.html

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 09:11:56 AM »
surfing through my twitter feed last night I saw one woman who commented that she watched the preppers show so she'd know who to steal from when the time came.  No doubt she thought she was clever in her comment.

I almost replied to her that she better be ready for a gun fight.  But then I figuired I'd get reported for threatening her.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »
Besides, you wouldn't want to spoil the surprise she has in store.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 09:55:48 AM »
surfing through my twitter feed last night I saw one woman who commented that she watched the preppers show so she'd know who to steal from when the time came.  No doubt she thought she was clever in her comment.

I almost replied to her that she better be ready for a gun fight.  But then I figuired I'd get reported for threatening her.

Yeah?  And she assumes she's going to be able to get there how?

There was that group on last season who hadn't armed up 'cause they didn't believe in it, although .... they did have one guy who admitted he'd poison those like that twitter lady, so .......

When I first started talking to people about prepping a couple-few years ago, many people would tell me, "Jeez; I'm coming to your house if something happens".  Come to think of it, a few of the tradesmen made the same remark when they realized the garage is mostly hurricane-proof and tornado-resistant.  As though I'd be saying, "sure, come right in".  And there may have been a time when I would have.  But not today.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »
Besides, you wouldn't want to spoil the surprise she has in store.   ;)

sort of what I was thinking too

There was that group on last season who hadn't armed up 'cause they didn't believe in it

huh?
I didn't see it last year so I hadn't realize that was an option lol
seems like if you're going to prep you need to be ready to protect it

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »

There was that group on last season who hadn't armed up 'cause they didn't believe in it, although .... they did have one guy who admitted he'd poison those like that twitter lady, so .......When I first started talking to people about prepping a couple-few years ago, many people would tell me, "Jeez; I'm coming to your house if something happens".

The first rule of prepping is don't talk about prepping - at least not with anyone who could easily find you. With that said, there are alliances that need to be made with people you trust. Some were not ready to "go to that level yet" and even made that statement- "I know where to come". I looked them dead in the eye and said "No. You Don't. If you show up you better show up with something more valuable than you to add to the pot.  I am not prepping for anyone but me, and I am not making stone soup.  They are getting more serious now that the election has proven  the course, so maybe it won't be an issue.

The people on that show are  at heart liberals.  They have a psychotic need to be admired and loved by others. They need other people to see what they are doing so they can feed their own ego. Pretend they are still the "cool kids" - In a way my place here being in the open is a form of camouflage. I look like I liberal. Solar, greenhouse etc front and center.  I have worried from day one about the security aspects of this place, but that feeling when we found it was so strong, I have to just trust that it  was right, that God was guiding us, and that this is where we are supposed to be.

As such, the reasons being given MAY be genuine and just the result of tortured liberal logic. F5 tornados? Global Warming.  Sea Level rise? Global Warming (but even in that one he acted like it would happen overnight and everyone would flee the cities in 24 hours..)   

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »

huh?
I didn't see it last year so I hadn't realize that was an option lol
seems like if you're going to prep you need to be ready to protect it

Doomsday Preppers - Doris Day of Doom

You see, we have a "Community"  that "respects" each other, and no one here would take advantage of us. As a liberal, you don't respect my inalienable rights,  but expect  everyone will respect yours.  Then the young man helping her makes it clear that he will act friendly and invite marauders to a feast and then poison them if he couldn't use them.  And by the way Doris Day, I am sure he will do the same to you the first day he doesn't need you either.  The only thing Liberals respect in their own selfish desires,  and the only reason they don't kill everyone they meet is because they have a need to feel like they are superior to others. Their "community" is superior you see. They will watch each others backs-- because that way its easier to stab you in the back when you aren't looking.  They don't need Guns because they will destroy each other in a crisis long before any armed marauders show up. They ALL know who to steal form when the time comes.