Author Topic: Man tasered by police while trying to hose down his house  (Read 2921 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Man tasered by police while trying to hose down his house
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
Pinellas Park, Florida -- Daniel Jensen wasn't running from the law, he was trying to protect his home from burning up.

Yet, Pinellas Park Police tasered him in the process. Jensen and his attorney say it's an excessive use of force.

Jensen was still shaken and visibly emotional as he retold what happened last Thursday evening. He said being tasered by police has not only impacted him, but it also impacted his children, who saw it all happen.

He described the Pinellas Park Police officers actions as "brutal." He said they showed "no compassion."

"All I remember is laying in water, being electrocuted for saving my home," said Jensen.

Four days later, burns on Daniel Jensen's body still mark where the stun gun's probes hit him. He says they tasered him for doing what any father and husband would do protect his family's home from an out-of-control grease fire.

The 42-year-old father of two recalls his wife waking him around 6 in the evening, saying there's a big fire at his neighbor's house.

"I could hear it, I could feel it," he explained.

He ran outside and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He sprayed it until it was empty.

"I was calling for my daughter and getting no response. I came out, grabbed the hose and sprayed her room until I heard she was out. I was always taught to help when you can; help is what I tried to do," said Jensen.

He continued to recount the events. He said he then took the garden hose and started watering down his fence and the back corner of his rooftop, trying to prevent the fire from spreading to his property. But with each attempt, Daniel said Pinellas Park Police kept pulling him back... even though firefighters were not in sight.

"They kept telling me, 'Let it go, that's what insurance is for.' That's not acceptable to me," said Jensen.

Captain Sanfield Forseth with the Pinellas Park Police Department said officers could have charged him with obstruction for not listening to an officer's orders.

"I wasn't doing that. What I was doing was what any home owner would do to protect a family and home," said Jensen.

Captain Forseth said the department will not be charging him.

When Jensen saw the fire jump on to his back roof, he again grabbed the hose. That's when he said -- unknown to him -- a police officer pulled out a taser and fired it at his back.

"As I went to grab the hose, I hear an officer on this side. There was a boat here; he was just behind it. He said, 'Hit him, hit him! Take him down, tase him!'" explained Jensen. "I didn't know they were talking to me, or about me. I was concerned about putting water on the fire, and the next thing you know I'm being tased."

Daniel said a Sergeant ordered an officer to tase him, but the officer never warned him as department policy requires.

According to Pinellas Park Police policy, an officer will use a taser when "other control techniques" would likely result in a "physical confrontation" that may cause injury to the officer or person. But the officer must first give a "verbal warning" that he is going to use a taser.

After tasing Daniel, he said several officers picked him up, carried him to the front yard, threw him on the ground and handcuffed him.

Daniel says he's very disappointed in the police department.

"They should have more tolerance with the public, to exhaust all options before firing electricity into somebody, handcuff them instead of tasering them."

Daniel said about the experience as he fights through tears, "It was horrible. I was laying in a puddle of water being electrocuted here by the people that are supposed to protect us. I'm trying to protect my family, my neighbor, and they bring harm to me. I don't understand."

Captain Forseth with the Pinellas Park Police Department said they exhausted all other options, and that their goal was to keep Daniel and the officers safe from the fire.

Daniel and his attorney Heidi Imhof are considering legal action against the Pinellas Park Police Department.

One of these cops is going to get himself shot doing this sh*t to people who are just trying to save their stuff.  Last week I saw a video of a cop smack a woman in the face, while she was being restrained by her husband, at the scene of their house fire.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Man tasered by police while trying to hose down his house
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
In this case, the man should have told the police to get off his property. They had no warrant and HIS house was not on fire.  He should also remind them that restraining him when damage could reasonably have been prevented,   makes their department liable for the damages he claims under insurance. I hope the insurance company sues the Police for the damages. He should file a personal suit against them for assault and trespassing.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »
If anyone thinks the police are going to be an entity on the side of liberty in the coming chaos, they're fooling themselves. It will be the exception when a cop does the right thing.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:02:21 PM »
In this case, the man should have told the police to get off his property. They had no warrant and HIS house was not on fire.  He should also remind them that restraining him when damage could reasonably have been prevented,   makes their department liable for the damages he claims under insurance. I hope the insurance company sues the Police for the damages. He should file a personal suit against them for assault and trespassing.

They need to be in jail.  They had no authority to do to him what they did and on his property no less.  Just thinking about it, if it was me, is sending my BP into orbit.

NO, IDP; the cops will not standing with us.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »

The police work for the State now and
they will continue same employment.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
I read an article the other day about 27 states going to the Supreme Court to argue that the police should be allowed to have drug sniffing dogs smell the front door of homes without search warrants, and if the dog alerts then have that count as probable cause to enter the home.

That's where we're at.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »
I don't care if the Poe-leece are with me or not. However, if the military turns, it's over.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »
I don't care if the Poe-leece are with me or not. However, if the military turns, it's over.

That is what these sex scandals are about... they are doing a purge to ensure the Flag officers are loyal, or are at least too scared to do anything ( because I am sure, like all elites, they believe that the rules are for the little people, and all of them have a scandal or more in their closets.. )  Send a pretty young woman to seduce a married man- you just need one mistake, and you have control of him

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »

That is what these sex scandals are about... they are doing a purge to ensure the Flag officers are loyal, or are at least too scared to do anything ( because I am sure, like all elites, they believe that the rules are for the little people, and all of them have a scandal or more in their closets.. )  Send a pretty young woman to seduce a married man- you just need one mistake, and you have control of him

I'd rather have them in the general public than in the military.  Otherwise the more good men get out because they're disgusted at what the military has become, the better off WE are.

If y'all haven't read Barnhardt's piece on the Pentagon's Perfumed Princes and the Brass, do so; scroll down to "The Night of the Long Knives", Parts I and II.   http://barnhardt.biz/

When I was a teenager back in Leavenworth, Kansas, I had occasion to become acquainted with a German lady who had just married a US Army flag officer that she met while working as a civilian contractor on a US Army base in Germany. Her husband was transferred to Ft. Leavenworth, which almost all flag officers pass through at some point. She was a strikingly handsome woman and super-sharp. She was very happy and was eagerly trying to get pregnant and start her family, as she was 35 or so at the time.

The last time I saw her, she was in a state of shock. She had left her husband, was filing for divorce, homeless and trying to organize getting back to Germany. Here is what happened.

She had finally become pregnant. She had just found out and hadn't even told her husband yet. They had been invited to and were attending a party being thrown by the post commander at his home that evening. Most of the upper-echelon flag officers at Ft. Leavenworth would be there. She was very excited and happy that she and her husband were literally now moving amongst the highest levels of the top brass in the US military, and she planned to tell her husband that night after the party that she was pregnant.

They arrived at the party in the gorgeous and huge old home of the post commander. In the foyer, there was a large bowl that all of the men placed their car keys into upon entering the house. She figured that this had something to do with drunk driving protections, as there was certainly drinking at this party. She thought nothing of it.

As midnight rolled around, the party suddenly concluded. All of the couples then moved into the foyer. One by one, the wives stepped up to the bowl full of keys and drew out a set at random. The wives then matched the keys up with their male owners and then left with that man.

It was a wife-swapping party.

When my acquaintance realized what was going on she refused. Her husband was livid.

Not long after I read it, I ran across another, similar narrative (don't ask me where) about who the upper echelon are and what they've been doing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:59:43 PM »

Be better if she put a link instead of (don't ask me where).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »

Be better if she put a link instead of (don't ask me where).

Who is she, the cat's mother?

If I had a link, I'd've put it there, but I don't remember where I read it and I'm to lazy to look because these days, I'm all over the f'n web looking.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »

Reading this thing without formatting is a bit disjointed.

Yeah, he is in total replacement mode but Ann gets a little carried away...or she's spot on.  I've read/heard that wife swapping story almost verbatim, curious.  We live in interestingdisgusting times.  an adulteration of civility

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 04:57:20 AM »
I'm sorry and perhaps a bit naive, but my BS meter went off the charts when I read about the wife-swapping party. No flag officer is going to risk his career by engaging in adultery in the presence of so many other flag officers. Adultery is a punishable offense under the UCMJ. (SEE Article 134 http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm1342.htm )

Did. Not. Happen.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 08:14:07 AM »
I'm sorry and perhaps a bit naive, but my BS meter went off the charts when I read about the wife-swapping party. No flag officer is going to risk his career by engaging in adultery in the presence of so many other flag officers. Adultery is a punishable offense under the UCMJ. (SEE Article 134 http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm1342.htm )

Did. Not. Happen.

Unless the culture in that group of elites has been corrupted by power. No politician would risk his career by taking Bribes, having an affair, sending nude photos to constituents,  or breaking the law in other ways either. I have no first hand  knowledge with which to confirm or deny, and I would like to think better of this group in particular, but power corrupts.  If a small group of officers is engaging in adultery and wife-swapping - they can continue to do so by using their rank, power and prestige to require others  to do so to stay "in the club"  In the 60s-70s there were certainly corporations where the "executives" made such depravity mandatory in order to advance.  The entire Hollywood establishment works on this principle. It gives those at the top an ability to control the newbies coming in - ever see "The Firm"?   I would hope our flag officers are better than that,  but Petreaus has proven that at least one is not.  The question  is how deep does the rot go?  The Flag officers are headed to Washington at some point, and they are there exposed to the boy scouts that are congressmen and  Senators and their staffs - all who would love to corrupt and hold in their pocket men of such power. This is the nature of men, and the unusual group would be those who didn't fall prey  to it.