Author Topic: Time to Move On From the GOP?  (Read 19017 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Time to Move On From the GOP?
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:45 AM »
The controversy over taxation just proves with an exclamation point the fact that this problem will. not. be. solved.  Ever.  And that's because this is not a revenue problem. It's a spending problem.  We cannot tax our way out of it, we cannot grow the economy out of it.  The only way to address the problem is to dramatically cut spending. And no one in politics has the guts for it, because the voter base doesn't have the brains for it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »
The controversy over taxation just proves with an exclamation point the fact that this problem will. not. be. solved.  Ever.  And that's because this is not a revenue problem. It's a spending problem.  We cannot tax our way out of it, we cannot grow the economy out of it.  The only way to address the problem is to dramatically cut spending. And no one in politics has the guts for it, because the voter base doesn't have the brains for it.

Yup!  Been a spending problem for over 4 decades!

Stupid cannot be cured and only a fool thinks these assholes are ignorant...this can only end one way...complete collapse.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
Boner - "Will accept revenue if spending cuts"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-16/risk-ramp-boehner-banality

::)

"Will accept revenue if spending cuts never materialize, because I am a bed-wetting cry-baby ankle-grabbing Pubbie candy-ass loser!"

FIFY, Boner!

Speaker!  

::gaah::

::asskicking::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2012, 05:18:34 AM »
Boner - "Will accept revenue if spending cuts"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-16/risk-ramp-boehner-banality

::)

"Will accept revenue if spending cuts never materialize, because I am a bed-wetting cry-baby ankle-grabbing Pubbie candy-ass loser!"

FIFY, Boner!

Speaker!  

::asskicking::
They've certainly made themselves out to be the minority party forever if they go through thos one more time with the DemonRats doing their favorite bait and switch.

Force the cuts you want and then find the easy path to compensating with revenue changes but be damn sure you tie them both together conditionally so the swith can't happen. Of cours none of this can happen because the GOP is the stupid party following the party of liars.

No problem, a few short months and the currency will be removed from oil thus pushing the dollar off the ladder then things get really hairy for anyone claiming the title of politician and banker. ::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
Bitter fruits beget bitter harvests.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 10:01:58 AM »
Speaking of bitter fruits and idiot GOPer's...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/17/congress-demands-epas-secret-email-accounts/

A stern letter, yeah.  "May" have broken the law...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/17/congress-demands-epas-secret-email-accounts/

I swear they had their spines removed.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »

Spinectomy?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »

A stern letter, yeah.  "May" have broken the law...

Spinectomy?

They need an addadictome. Maybe then they would grow some gonads.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:39:29 AM by Predator Don »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 10:33:32 AM »

Look folks:

The Democrat party is big, powerful, established, and here to stay.

The only hope of beating them is to have a party that is big, powerful, established, and here to stay.

If we start fracturing, following third parties, following nuts like Ron Paul, going this way and that, we only solidify permanent Democrat Party dominance.

Come on people, use your head. The only hope is changing the GOP from within.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »

Look folks:

The Democrat party is big, powerful, established, and here to stay.

The only hope of beating them is to have a party that is big, powerful, established, and here to stay.

If we start fracturing, following third parties, following nuts like Ron Paul, going this way and that, we only solidify permanent Democrat Party dominance.

Come on people, use your head. The only hope is changing the GOP from within.

Tried that, failed, conservatives and Tea Party was told to eff off by the GOP geniuses like The Butthead and the Ruling Class clowns that keep getting their asses kicked...oh, and there is that little thing called time we are out of, economic issues will determine our futures more than terminally dysfunctional political systems.  If you are so motivated that's just swell, I and many like me are moving beyond politics and preparing for the next phase.

hemm

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:13 PM »
One of Romney’s failings was he was trying to hard to be the centrist everyman’s solution to everything. That never freaking works.

We need a GOP candidate that is as much right as the left’s candidate is left.

We need a GOP candidate that is so far right that it makes Rush Limbaugh blush.

Rino’s must go.

They can take Rove, Christie, Brown, Huckabee, Boehner and the entire lot and GTFO.

Go Right.

Go Rogue.

Go Gault.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
following nuts like Ron Paul

I had my issues with Ron Paul, most especially, his foreign policy.

But, someone who is as adamant to follow the Constitution as he is, has been labelled a nut.

I'm not sure who is nuts anymore

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »
following nuts like Ron Paul

I had my issues with Ron Paul, most especially, his foreign policy.

But, someone who is as adamant to follow the Constitution as he is, has been labelled a nut.

I'm not sure who is nuts anymore

Yeah, foreign policy issues and as I've learned on other sites there is a strong antisemitic faction that he fails to repudiate, but I agree that constitutionalists in general being vilified and marginalized does not bode well for the future and is in fact an indictment of the two major parties that pretend to represent Americans IMO.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
CC, I fear that the time for that from-within change has come and gone. If a grassroots movement like the Tea Party - and let's not forget that it has been a movement on a massive scale, successful in large measure -  if the Tea Party could not succeed in the dire situation faced by our nation, I fail to see another movement that will change the GOP from within. If the nation could look at the choice we faced this election cycle and somehow find a reason to re-elect Barack Hussein Obama, we must face the reality that the change-from-within we pine for was too little too late.

The GOP doesn't want to be changed, and has joined with the Leftists in trying to discredit and destroy the credibility of the Tea Party. What other movement will stand up? As AP says, people who seek to return to constitutional governance are labeled and slandered as kooks. The GOP is now telling us that in order to win, we have to abandon our conservative values to become more palatable to demographic-driven voters.

I'll try, sure. But I have lost hope that my children and grandchildren will live in an America that resembles the one I love.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
The only hope is changing the GOP from within.

Tried that, failed

Then try again, and get it right next time.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »
CC, I fear that the time for that from-within change has come and gone. If a grassroots movement like the Tea Party - and let's not forget that it has been a movement on a massive scale, successful in large measure -  if the Tea Party could not succeed in the dire situation faced by our nation, I fail to see another movement that will change the GOP from within...........

You just said it was "successful in large measure".

Man, these things take time. The Tea Party has only been a force for 4 years. The GOP is 170 years old for Pete's sake. Good grief!!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »
Then try again, and get it right next time.

It strikes me that that is exactly what the collectivists believe. If only the right people are in charge... meanwhile, hundreds of millions of human lives are sacrificed for their vision.

The GOP is not for liberty or conservative governance. Individual Republicans can be conservative, but the GOP marginalizes them; uses them to achieve power, and then thwarts the conservative agenda systematically. The result is Barack Hussein Obama, and a United States in economic freefall.

Just a few more conservatives in the house/senate/white house, we tell ourselves. THEN the GOP will return the United States to its constitutional equilibrium.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Bludgeon me repeatedly into accepting your mediocrity as the best I can expect, well, then eventually, f**k you. (Not you CC, but the GOP)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »
The majority of your fellow citizens believe they have the right to hire the government to rifle through your pocketbook and bank accounts for their own benefit. This time, we finally reached the point where there were enough of them to outvote us. With each coming election the margin will only be bigger because they are aggressively pursuing a policy of "demographic cleansing".

If the GOP were to bear any fruits for this nascent movement at halting the decline of our civilization, it was to be this November. For better or worse, it failed. The political avenue is closed. In truth, it was closed before this election. This election merely served as a dramatic fullstop.

Now it is time for the country to reap the fruits of empowering the most divisive president in its history. I hope you have a strong stomach because you are about to witness a most unseemly buffet, as all the vultures and other carrion eaters divvy up the carcass of the American Republic. They will, for a brief while, remain fat and sleek on their ill gotten gain. But theirs is a meal that can only be had once, and that is when the real fun begins.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 01:41:59 AM »
The majority of your fellow citizens believe they have the right to hire the government to rifle through your pocketbook and bank accounts for their own benefit. This time, we finally reached the point where there were enough of them to outvote us. With each coming election the margin will only be bigger because they are aggressively pursuing a policy of "demographic cleansing".

If the GOP were to bear any fruits for this nascent movement at halting the decline of our civilization, it was to be this November. For better or worse, it failed. The political avenue is closed. In truth, it was closed before this election. This election merely served as a dramatic fullstop.

Now it is time for the country to reap the fruits of empowering the most divisive president in its history. I hope you have a strong stomach because you are about to witness a most unseemly buffet, as all the vultures and other carrion eaters divvy up the carcass of the American Republic. They will, for a brief while, remain fat and sleek on their ill gotten gain. But theirs is a meal that can only be had once, and that is when the real fun begins.

Aye.  And I have, probably, twenty plus years on Glock. 

Done with bidness as usual.  They either give us something we can get behind or I'm staying out of it save for hefting armory in me and mines defense.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"