Author Topic: The Zombie Apocalypse is Looking Less Enjoyable (Hostess Twinkie Thread)  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:03:22 AM by trapeze »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The Zombie Apocalypse is Looking Less Enjoyable (Hostess Twinkie Thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 08:04:19 AM »
Union masterminds kill off 18,500 jobs directly. Who knows how many jobs indirectly?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Zombie Apocalypse is Looking Less Enjoyable
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:19 AM »
NO twinkies?!

::falldownshocked::

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

I listened to the Hostess CEO on cnbc this morning. Sad news, and there is no doubt the rigid ness of the union closed this brand down.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »
Why not re-open with non-union labor, and just keep making Twinkies? Seriously. Or make a public offer to any employee who will come back to work, offering to pay them the wage they demand minus the amount the union would confiscate for dues, if the employee will agree to abandon the union.

Somebody needs to just do it. Somebody in these labor fights needs to figure out how to drive a wedge between workers and the unions that exploit them. Don't roll over; fight. Force the federal government to roll into the Twinkie plant in armored vehicles and shut it down by force in the 6 o'clock news.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
The Teamsters agreed to the deal, it's the Bakers Union that balked.  This part was interesting ....

"The Teamsters said Thursday that the Bakers' union should hold a secret ballot on the company's offer, rather than the voice votes that were held in union halls around the country that authorized the decision to strike."

I'll betcha a secret ballot would have resulted in a different outcome than "strike".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
Also interesting that the Teamsters are effectively admitting that secret balloting is more honest and truthful. But they certainly support Card Check and all the other thuggish crap.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
The regime cold care lee or perhaps secretly want them to fail. Think about those children that feast on these snacks, some of them obese. Anyway, the regime can't have children enjoying what they eat, can they?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.