Author Topic: 11,000 federal government jobs axed this year.  (Read 1302 times)

Offline robins111

11,000 federal government jobs axed this year.
« on: November 16, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »
Article in the Toronto Sun,    torontosun.com that the Canadian federal government is chopping 11,000 civil servant jobs this year.   As I have said before, when you compare this to the US think 10 x...  that would translate into about 110,000 bean counter, tax sucking sponges being turfed. ::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: 11,000 federal government jobs axed this year.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
Good on y'all; we should only be so fortunate.  For the Feds in Washington, DC, it is a booming place for employment these days.  For them and surrounding counties in Virginia, the current depression/recession doesn't exist.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
Good on y'all; we should only be so fortunate.  For the Feds in Washington, DC, it is a booming place for employment these days.  For them and surrounding counties in Virginia, the current depression/recession doesn't exist.

And they voted for Stymie .

Offline robins111

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 07:55:08 AM »
Pandora, Section hand,  yup, we've been there, but it does come to an end, sooner or later the people find out there's no more money..  hopefully in the US, you'll have a rather benign time during this period, like Canada did..   however, I suspect it'll get ugly, and its coming sooner than most people think.  I rater expect the problems will be either energy(oil) disruption or hyperinflation..   I give it about 18 months.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »
Of the 10 wealthiest counties by median income, 8 of them are in the DC metro area.  Is that not sickening?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:10 AM »
Totally sick.

Tired of this crap, the sooner the crap hits the fan the better IMO, this is just "gone full retard" on steroids & crack!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.