Author Topic: Gay Marriage Debate  (Read 912 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Gay Marriage Debate
« on: October 02, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »
I like Matt Birk, smart dude (even for an Ivy Leaguer!), good guy, former Viking now in Baltimore...

Kluwe...?   ::)  Not so much, his name should be pronounced "Klue-Wesss"...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nfl-player-mark-birk-pens-anti-gay-marriage-article-silencing-those-opposed-to-same-sex-marriage-is-un-american/

Kluwe the asshat blasts Birk for facts, pooh-pooh's sources he loathes and offers up this as a positive factual source -

Journal of GLBT Family Studies
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15504280802177615?journalCode=wgfs20

::hysterical::

Yeah, game/set/match to Birk!

Stick to kicking Kluwe, you suck at critical thinking!

::mooning::   ::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

CatholicCrusader

Re: Gay Marriage Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »

A
s I posted in another thread:

I may be a little older than a lot of the members here, and therefore have seen some very frightening changes. Too many young Catholics are leaning from society that homosexual activity is okay. It most definitely is not. There are two main aspects: The sinfulness of it, and the psychological disorder.

1) The sinfulness of it is plain and clear from the Bible and the Catechism. Some folks try to distort what the Bible says and cherry-pick what the Catechism says to excuse it, but homosexual sex is inexcusable. This does not mean we should hate homosexuals, but as with any mortal sin, you love the sinner but hate the sin.

2) Same sex attaraction is a disorder, not only accordiong to the Catechism, but according to the American Psychological Association (APA) for most of its history, until recently.

For some folks though, this disorder is now the "non-disorder formerly known as disorder." It was a disorder in the DSM I and II published by the APA. But in the last publication, DSM IV, it was removed as a disorder. Why?

Protests by gay rights activists against the APA began in 1970 when the organization held its convention in San Francisco. The activists disrupted the conference by interrupting speakers and shouting down and ridiculing psychiatrists who viewed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In 1971, gay rights activist Frank Kameny worked with the Gay Liberation Front collective to demonstrate against the APA's convention. At the 1971 conference, Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you." To put is bluntly, the American Psychological Association buckled and caved to protesters, and therefore have no legitimacy now.

So the APA can be, and is, wrong. The current APA thinks that they were "wrong back then," and "right now." But certainly, the opposite can be true, that is was right back then and wrong now. I think that they were right before and wrong now because they now fear liberal retaliation and political correctness that did not exist before.

And for what is proper Christian teaching is on the subject:

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Last, but certainly not least, the Bible:

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22).

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination....." (Leviticus 20:13).

"There shall be no whor of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel" (Deuteronomy 23:17)

Adultery in the natural sense is sexual intercourse of a married person with someone other than his or her own spouse. It is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments (Exodus 20:14; I Cor. 6:9, 10). Christ forbids dwelling upon the thoughts, the free play of one's imagination that leads to adultery (Matthew 5:28). Since two people of the same sex cannot be married in the eyes of God these verses also apply. Also, there is fornication, the illicit sex acts of unmarried persons which is likewise forbidden (I Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; Ephesians 5:3).

I think that pretty much sums the issue up.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »
I like Matt Birk, smart dude (even for an Ivy Leaguer!), good guy, former Viking now in Baltimore...

Kluwe...?   ::)  Not so much, his name should be pronounced "Klue-Wesss"...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nfl-player-mark-birk-pens-anti-gay-marriage-article-silencing-those-opposed-to-same-sex-marriage-is-un-american/

Kluwe the asshat blasts Birk for facts, pooh-pooh's sources he loathes and offers up this as a positive factual source -

Journal of GLBT Family Studies
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15504280802177615?journalCode=wgfs20

::hysterical::

Yeah, game/set/match to Birk!

Stick to kicking Kluwe, you suck at critical thinking!

::mooning::   ::laughonfloor::

This is possibly the best example of govt being the root to all America's ills. Everything govt touches turn into disaster.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »
Government can (and will) eff up a sunny day.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.