Author Topic: The Truth About US Energy Reserves  (Read 1932 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Truth About US Energy Reserves
« on: March 25, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
Anyone see this? It was posted on the sidebar at AceOfSpades...

[blockquote]
In case anyone missed it, let me repeat something that is of a magnitude of 10 on the scale of news-quakes for Joe Public USA: America’s combined energy resources are, according to a new report from the Congressional Research Service (CSR), the largest on earth. They eclipse Saudi Arabia (3rd), China (4th) and Canada (6th) COMBINED – and that’s without including America’s shale oil deposits and, in the future, the potentially astronomic impact of methane hydrates.

The energy facts in the CRS report should be making front page news all over America. Mostly it isn’t. Given the devastating news from Japan and New Zealand, it may be right to postpone dancing in the streets. But something else is going on. Even though they are going to dominate global energy supply for decades to come the insidious war on vital fossil fuels continues apace.

Thus it perhaps falls to a friend of the US (i.e. me) to state that if the White House is in any way serious about impacting the economic Black Hole that is the burgeoning national debt, reinvigorating business big-time, creating real jobs and restoring ebbing national wealth, the best shot by a distance if you’re American ... well, you’re standing on it, or rather above it.

While love, spiritually speaking and in fiction, may make the world go around, it is energy – and mostly hydrocarbon energy – that actually drives it. As blockbuster thrillers sometimes put it, “Who will tell the President?”[/blockquote]

Read it all here. Cool charts, too, that make it embarrassingly obvious just how stupid it is to pursue wind and solar power. It's just the thing to have in your arsenal the next time some whiny liberal starts talking about how the US needs to be energy independent and how our only way out is rainbow/unicorn/hybrid windmill/green leprechaun technology.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:19:00 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: The Truth About US Energy Reserves
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »
Lovely info to have, trap.  Thanks.
 ::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 01:24:11 AM »
The charts say it all. It's to the point now where the notion that we are not tapping into the resources we have because of environmental concerns is simply ludicrous to me. It is utterly illogical, and I don't understand how anyone with a brain can believe it. Our own national natural resources are being withheld from us.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:33:55 AM »
The goal is to weaken America. There can be no doubt, no alternative explanation.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 07:11:06 AM »
Peak Oil is one of the myths out there.
Not quite on the scale of man made global warming because I don't think it was based on total fraud.