Author Topic: NRB considering rule to force exposure of workers identities to unions  (Read 583 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/15/NLRB-May-Force-Businesses-To-Give-Phone-Numbers-Email-Addresses-Of-Workers-To-Union-Organizers

"(NLRB) is considering a rule that would force private businesses to turn over their workers' personal information -- such as phone numbers, email addresses, and work schedules -- to union organizers.

While this rule would be intended to make it easier for union bosses to organize workers at businesses that do not have a union presence, it would also have the unintended effect of making workers vulnerable to harassment.

The Heritage Foundation’s James Sherk argued this will allow union organizers to bother workers even after the worker tells an organizer "no" by bombarding them with phone calls, emails, and visits to their home."

Go ahead.  Make my daaayyy.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NRB considering rule to force exposure of workers identities to unions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:00:33 AM »
Why not?  If we're going to destroy everything quicker is better.  Maybe I should lead the effort to unionize our office workers?  Either I destroy the company and get rich while doing it or I get fired for my trouble and collect unemployemnt or lawsuit settlement in lieu of soc sec contributions I'll never see anyway...win-win.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:09 AM »
Maybe they need the former union employees of the Hostess brand.....I hear they are looking for union work.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
Why not?  That's what the United Piglets of America voted for.

Chicago values are America's values.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 09:00:53 AM »
Also heard on Rush yesterday a story about some government employees in North Carolina. They opted out of joining their public employee union (or they quit it, can't remember which) and the union bosses released their Social Security numbers and other private information.

Prior to last Tuesday, stories like this made me think they're just shooting themselves in the foot because the American people at large are not going to respond well to such rank intimidation and goon behavior. But now I see the American people obviously want this to be their new normal.

I'll tell you this much, I for one don't respond well to intimidation tactics and when my buttons are pushed I go on auto-pilot. It's like I am outside of myself observing things as a third party. Righteous indignation courses through me and I literally do not care about intimidation or "what they might do".  I recognize this same trait in Ann Barnhardt.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
I've recounted my union story before - As a brazen paraphrase....I'll not shalt not suffer a unionista thug to live. If they value their miserable little hides they'll stay the "F" away from me.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
I'd like to send this asshat y'all's way!   ;)

http://www.startribune.com/business/179185561.html?refer=y

People in my clan have had dealings with this pos (can't say any more), he is a real low-life bucket of whale dreck!

::overkill::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »

Big Jim didn't get his kick-back, 'eh?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »

Big Jim didn't get his kick-back, 'eh?

Sounds like the wealth wasn't spread around.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson