Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

Alas, no Darwin Award

(1/2) > >>

rickl:
...because he lived.

Florida Man Accidentally Shoots Himself in Face in Front of Friends

--- Quote ---(NewsCore) - A Florida man was airlifted to the hospital after he accidentally shot himself in the face while playing around with friends, TCPalm.com reported Friday.

Joshua Krakat, 21, was tooling around with a group of friends in Hobe Sound, Fla., on Wednesday night when he pulled out a handgun, removed the magazine, put the gun up to his face and pulled the trigger, forgetting that a bullet remained in the chamber.

The bullet shattered Krakat's jaw in two places and he was promptly flown by helicopter to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach.

His wounds are not considered life threatening, but Martin County Sheriff's Capt. Mike McKinley said Krakat "will have a lot of trouble hearing out of that ear" due to the high volume of the blast.

Officials are investigating the gun's registration.
--- End quote ---

I don't think the word "accidentally" means what the writer thinks it means.

LadyVirginia:

--- Quote from: rickl on March 25, 2011, 09:17:01 PM ---...because he lived.

--- End quote ---

ah, you slay me

::hysterical::

Glock32:

--- Quote ---I don't think the word "accidentally" means what the writer thinks it means.

--- End quote ---

Quite right. Another way I've heard it put, "There are no accidental discharges, only negligent discharges".

Also, does Florida have "registration"? The media always promulgates this myth that there is registration everywhere.

John Florida:

--- Quote from: Glock32 on March 25, 2011, 09:39:24 PM ---
--- Quote ---I don't think the word "accidentally" means what the writer thinks it means.

--- End quote ---

Quite right. Another way I've heard it put, "There are no accidental discharges, only negligent discharges".

Also, does Florida have "registration"? The media always promulgates this myth that there is registration everywhere.

--- End quote ---

No sir we do not!

Alphabet Soup:
I've only been shot once, but fortunately I didn't do it to myself ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version