Author Topic: Fired, Two more Commanders  (Read 2329 times)

charlesoakwood

Fired, Two more Commanders
« on: November 22, 2012, 11:50:34 PM »

Stars & Stripes - NAPLES, Italy — The Navy on Monday dismissed two commanders amid allegations of misconduct, weeks before they were both scheduled to assume new commands.

Capt. Ted Williams was relieved as commander of the amphibious command ship USS Mount Whitney, and Cmdr. Ray Hartman was relieved as commander of the amphibious dock-landing ship USS Fort McHenry, said Cmdr. Marc Boyd, spokesman for U.S. Naval Forces Europe/Africa. The Navy would not describe the nature of the allegations. Both investigations center on personal conduct, Boyd said.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Fired, Two more Commanders
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:16:22 AM »
Military purge.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:36:37 AM »
Purge indeed.

Soon the brass will be one monolithic libiot hive mind.

::gaah::

ETA - I thought something looked familiar to me.  The Whitney is the 6th Fleet Flag, home port Gaeta, Italy.  Benghazi would be under the aegis of the 6th Fleet commander, dead center in the middle of Benghazigate.  Wonder if we'll ever know the details of his misconduct...I'm guessing not.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:20:35 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »

Good sleuthing.     ::thumbsup::

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »
Good sleuthing.     ::thumbsup::

Amen to that.

Too many coincidences no longer make them coincidences.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 06:42:54 AM »
I'm sure one of the litmus tests is the willingness to deploy military forces in domestic operations against American civilians. The ousted were probably all, coincidentally, not on board.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
I hope the people of good conscience being let go are forming alliances in the civilian sector, something tells me we are going to need them.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
I hope the people of good conscience being let go are forming alliances in the civilian sector, something tells me we are going to need them.

I had this discussion last night and the other party informed me that, as the official military would still have all the equipment and weaponry, we'd be doomed to failure. 

Theft?

Nope; won't work.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »
  They must be shipping all these people to Cuba for fear that somebody is going to talk and somebody always does. All this is for shyts and giggles till somebody giggles and shyts.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 04:04:08 PM »
The ones that do not retire will no doubt be assigned the hind end of bases and assignments...logistics officer in Kodiak (Fort Greely) or Pier 8 (Pusan, S.Korea) or Pine Gap, Australia (middle of nowhere!) and the like...basically they'll have to accept menial positions or resign their commissions, the latter being the likely end for many.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »
"What do you mean you wouldn't relay orders to use armed drones against domestic terrorists?!"

Hyperbole? Maybe. But I don't doubt for a second that there is a hefty bit of the above in the overall calculus being used to decide these officers' professional fates.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
Gunsmith posited perhaps these men displayed some loyalty to the Admiral, hence, they had to go.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
They were no doubt part of the same discussion on that fateful day in September. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
Saddam Hussein purged his top military commanders right before he began purging his political opposition.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »

Very interesting. That would be step two.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »
All totalitarian regimes do it. It's the "total" in totalitarian. Like other things with this bunch, it just doesn't pass the smell test. I mean, since when with Democrats is a little screwing around on the side such a big deal? We're to believe it's suddenly something egregious to them?

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
All totalitarian regimes do it. It's the "total" in totalitarian. Like other things with this bunch, it just doesn't pass the smell test. I mean, since when with Democrats is a little screwing around on the side such a big deal? We're to believe it's suddenly something egregious to them?

We are not supposed to believe that, it is the left using our own morals against us.  Since they have no morals, any means (even hipocracy) to achieve their end.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »

We are not supposed to believe that, it is the left using our own morals against us.  Since they have no morals, any means (even hipocracy) to achieve their end.

Bingo!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »

Bingo!

::clapping::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie