Author Topic: Former Republican Senator Warren Rudman  (Read 916 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Former Republican Senator Warren Rudman
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »
He died of cancer on November 19, 2012, at the age of 82.

"Rudman, along with John H. Sununu, were key players in the appointment of Rudman's personal friend, Supreme Court Justice David Souter, to both the federal circuit and the Supreme Court. The Wall Street Journal later editorialized about the appointment, saying: "Mr. Rudman, the man who helped put liberal jurist David Souter on the high court" and who in his "Yankee Republican liberalism" took "pride in recounting how he sold Mr. Souter to gullible White House chief of staff John Sununu as a confirmable conservative. Then they both sold the judge to President Bush, who wanted above all else to avoid a confirmation battle."[4] Rudman wrote in his memoir that he had "suspected all along" that Souter would not "overturn activist liberal precedents."[5] Sununu later said, "In spite of it all, he's a good friend. But I've always known that he was more liberal than he liked the world to think he was."[5]"

So, we have Rudman to thank, as well as Sununu, for Souter.

Also, read  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm-Rudman-Hollings_Act    from whence "sequesters" cometh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Former Republican Senator Warren Rudman
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
Hey, these guys were on Team GOP, right?  I just want to be clear on that point for the people who hold the misguided beleif the GOP is a conservative party or even a conservative-friendly party...

Prayers for Warren's family, cannot say anything more than that...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »
When has a court appointment by a Democrat president ever turned out to be a disappointment to the Left?  Ever?  They always appoint ideologically reliable rubber stampers. Yet it seems more often than not Republican appointments end up being thorns in our side.

This is another form of the GOP's damnable one-way compromising. They think they're showing themselves to be the bigger man, the magnanimous and collegial sort by appointing centrist (read: liberals who don't want to be called liberals) judges. The Left just laughs as another freebie is tossed to them. The fact that the GOP refuses to learn from this sort of thing convinces me that it's their intent all along.

I once again refer everyone to Libertas' new signature.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:04:20 AM »
No comment .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »
No comment .

I'll make one,who cares!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie