Author Topic: Actor Larry Hagman, 81  (Read 1734 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Actor Larry Hagman, 81
« on: November 24, 2012, 07:42:25 AM »
Larry Hagman dead at 81

Larry Hagman, who created one of American television's most supreme villains in the conniving, amoral oilman J.R. Ewing of "Dallas," died on Friday, the Dallas Morning News reported. He was 81.
Hagman died at a Dallas hospital of complications from his battle with throat cancer, the newspaper said, quoting a statement from his family. He had suffered from liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver in the 1990s after decades of drinking.
Hagman's mother was stage and movie star Mary Martin and he became a star himself in 1965 on "I Dream of Jeannie," a popular television sitcom in which he played Major Anthony Nelson, an astronaut who discovers a beautiful genie in a bottle...

I never watched "Dallas", but I sure watched "I Dream of Jeannie". What young boy didn't dream of a beautiful girl who fulfilled your every wish and called you "Master"?

Larry Hagman Dead at 81 - I Dream of Genie
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:52:53 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Actor Larry Hagman, 81
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »
RIP, JR

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:30:08 AM »
What young boy didn't dream of a beautiful girl who fulfilled your every wish and called you "Master"?

It's been 25 years and mrs. trapeze (who is beautiful) still won't get with the program.

Larry Hagman had everything that most people identify with a successful life: fame, fortune. I have no idea if his personal life was as rich. I did watch Dallas. It was over the top ridiculous and I enjoyed it for its campiness.

May he rest in peace.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
In 1981, with interest rates above 20%, I needed to change careers from a salesman for a home builder.

A local fuel distributorwhowas friends of those guys (and whom I knew pretty well) needed a manager for an expanding business.

In the interview, he asked me what I knew about the oil industry.
I told him I watched Dallas.

Little did I know how prescient I was. 3 months later I got dragged into federal court with him because of his shenanigans

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »
Hmmm ... I never watched a single episode of that show ( "Dallas" ) but I did see his mom in "Peter Pan" .

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »
"He was a longtime member of the Peace and Freedom Party, a minor leftist organization in California.

Hagman told the Times that after death he wanted his remains to be "spread over a field and have marijuana and wheat planted and harvest it in a couple of years and then have a big marijuana cake, enough for 200 to 300 people. People would eat a little of Larry."

You guys miss this part?
Another loon.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
What young boy didn't dream of a beautiful girl who fulfilled your every wish and called you "Master"?   ;D

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 12:24:01 PM »
"He was a longtime member of the Peace and Freedom Party, a minor leftist organization in California.

Hagman told the Times that after death he wanted his remains to be "spread over a field and have marijuana and wheat planted and harvest it in a couple of years and then have a big marijuana cake, enough for 200 to 300 people. People would eat a little of Larry."

You guys miss this part?
Another loon.

Well, I'll pass on the Larry cake.   ::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »
What young boy didn't dream of a beautiful girl who fulfilled your every wish and called you "Master"?   ;D

Jeannie was hot and fueled a couple adolescent fantasies

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
  JR was the biggest S.O.B. on tv and I loved that about him. R.I.P.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 07:33:57 AM »
What young boy didn't dream of a beautiful girl who fulfilled your every wish and called you "Master"?

;D   ::pimp::

RIP.