Author Topic: Sweden - Girls with guns, not dolls, in 'gender neutral' toy shop  (Read 1546 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
SWEDEN'S largest toy chain "gender neutral" after picturing boys holding baby dolls and banishing girls from the dolls pages of its Christmas catalogue.

"For several years, we have found that the gender debate has grown so strong in the Swedish market that we ... have had to adjust," Jan Nyberg, director of sales at Top Toy, franchise-holder for US toy chain Toys R Us, said.

The country's advertising watchdog reprimanded the company for gender discrimination three years ago following complaints over outdated gender roles in the 2008 Christmas catalogue, which featured boys dressed as superheroes and girls playing princess.

A comparison between this year's Toys R Us catalogues in Sweden and Denmark, where Top Toy is also the franchisee, showed that a boy wielding a toy machine gun in the Danish edition had been replaced by a girl in Sweden.
Digital Pass - $5 weekend papers

Elsewhere, a girl was Photoshopped out of the "Hello Kitty" page, a girl holding a baby doll was replaced by a boy, and, in sister chain BR's catalogue, a young girl's pink T-shirt was turned light blue.

Top Toy, Sweden's largest toy retailer by number of stores, said it had received "training and guidance" from the Swedish advertising watchdog, which is a self-regulatory agency.

"We have produced the catalogues for both BR and Toys R Us in a completely different way this year," Nyberg said.

"With the new gender thinking, there is nothing that is right or wrong. It's not a boy or a girl thing, it's a toy for children."

I like that they have girls holding guns, but she can do so in a pink t-shirt.

As for the rest, these people are batsht f'g insane.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Sweden - Girls with guns, not dolls, in 'gender neutral' toy shop
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:45:28 AM »
Yes, batsh*t f**king insane. They'll never stop until they are in the grave.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »
Pan is right.

::saywhat::  Who said that?!

;D

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
Pan is right.

;D

;)

::stirpot::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
Human civilization is doomed. What else is new?

Everything that we've done to build and engineer the left is busily tearing apart. They won't be satisfied until we're all grubbing about in the piles of rubbish that were our communities.

On a slightly more positive note I recall the study that took place back in the dark ages of the 80's where they took away gender-specific toys and substituted gender-bending toys. In very short order the little boys disappointed the so-called experts by bending the Barbies into the shapes of guns as using them as pretend weapons.

Boys will be boys.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:17:16 AM »

Everything that we've done to build and engineer the left is busily tearing apart. They won't be satisfied until we're all grubbing about in the piles of rubbish that were our communities.

On a slightly more positive note I recall the study that took place back in the dark ages of the 80's where they took away gender-specific toys and substituted gender-bending toys. In very short order the little boys disappointed the so-called experts by bending the Barbies into the shapes of guns as using them as pretend weapons.

Boys will be boys.

Hopefully genetics is harder to overcome, it might be all we have going for us...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »

Evoking images of what's left of parts of New York after Sandy.

Boys will be boys.

And thank God for that, in the proper context.

speaking of context, I wonder how far along the femiNAZIs got in Sweden in their quest to train boys to sit down for urination.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »
Isn't there some kind of natural instinct that, besides genetics,should kick in somewhere?
Is it just western civ or white men that have this castration thing?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 12:14:26 PM »
Isn't there some kind of natural instinct that, besides genetics,should kick in somewhere?

One would THINK!

Is it just western civ or white men that have this castration thing?

As we have the unwestern'd and unciv'd living in the West, I can just hear the ghetto now if any of them were instructed to sit for passing water, so I'd say it's just White men.  Some.  The metrosekshuls.

Brings to mind that douchebag cop ticketing a mother ($2500) because her 3 year-old took a whiz in his own front yard. 

And then, there are the times I see Gunsmith emerge from the garage and take a li'l stroll 'round the far corner.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 12:15:42 PM »

Boys will be boys.

speaking of context, I wonder how far along the femiNAZIs got in Sweden in their quest to train boys to sit down for urination.

Once again, they can try all they like but as long as little boys continue to discover their natural writing abilities the lefts attempts to subvert and emasculate the male species is doomed to failure.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Pan is right.

;D

;)

Dick said it. ::rimshot::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 10:39:47 PM »
I think the picture speaks a thousand words!!

Boys will be boys.

Once again, they can try all they like but as long as little boys continue to discover their natural writing abilities the lefts attempts to subvert and emasculate the male species is doomed to failure.

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 08:05:14 AM »
Toys R Us is popping up in these stories more and more.

Toys R Us boss hits at online shopping

Why?  Global warming, supposedly.  I don't buy into a lot of the boycott this boycott that thing, but sometimes a company will work hard enough to ruin my way of life that they will make my list.  You's now on it, pal.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »

Then again, it is Sweden...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 10:32:18 AM »
When the Islamofascists see things like this, they see it as a diseased civilization subconsciously begging to be put out of its misery. And they might be right on that point. At any rate, this is the sort of thing that emboldens them into thinking the West is ripe for the taking.

Radical egalitarianism is the ultimate middle finger to Reality. I just do not see how such things can be long for this world. The inevitable rebound effect is going to be something to behold.

I have to wonder if this sort of thing is not a built in self-destruct function in every civilization. It seems that every successful civilization of the past has entered a terminal phase like this. This manner of thinking can only come about as a direct result of a civilization's past success, because people who are preoccupied with the necessities of living could never be bothered to devote so much mental energy to abject nonsense like this. No, this can only come from a highly developed society that has so well attended to its basic requirements that it has freed part of its populace to develop into this sort of secular priesthood.

The West has one epic smackdown coming its way.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
Population control?