Author Topic: Geraldine Ferraro  (Read 5089 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Geraldine Ferraro
« on: March 26, 2011, 12:04:31 PM »
Have to say, I didn't see this coming. She seemed pretty darned healthy the times I've seen her on TV over the past few years. Haven't seen her for a while though, now that I think of it. At least several months. Apparently she's been battling blood cancer for 12 years.

RIP

Geraldine Ferraro dies at 75
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:07:49 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Geraldine Ferraro
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
I admired her as a pioneer breaking new ground even though I didn't agree with her politics.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:51 PM »
I really hate to see anyone departed, no matter what I think of them personally.

Today, 75 is too young to become departed. IMVHO. (too close to my age is the problem)
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
I didn't like her but I didn't want her dead either .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

She was always a lady with a good sense of humor, tough broad too.
May she rest in peace.

hemm

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 02:08:24 PM »
Cancer sucks no matter who it kills.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
RIP
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
RIP.  I think Sarah Palin said awhile back that Ferraro was an inspiration to her.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 04:58:42 AM »
I'm sick to death of hearing Ferraro described as a pioneer . She didn't choose herself for Vice Presidential candidate . Walter Mondale did . He was the "pioneer" when he took an obscure congresswoman from New York as his running mate . His "pioneering" also helped him lose the '84 election ( thank goodness ) .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »
Yeah, sometimes hunters up here hear a long lonesome cry from deep in the woods...we gigure it's still Mondale weeping over getting trounced...

As for Geraldine, cancer, if we all live long enough, is inescapable...but 75?  That's a bummer.

RIP
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 10:14:43 AM »
I still remember her answer when asked about her Catholic faith and being pro-abortion.  She responded that her mother said a rosary everyday that women's "choice" would be preserved.  That's still what I think of everytime I hear about her.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 01:15:58 PM »
She responded that her mother said a rosary everyday that women's "choice" would be preserved...

I've no doubt that Ferraro she said it. But I believe that her mother actually said the rosary every day on behalf of abortion as much as I believe that Hillary Clinton was named after Sir Edmund.

What is it with these people that they think they can tell ridiculous lies and get away with it?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
She responded that her mother said a rosary everyday that women's "choice" would be preserved...

I've no doubt that Ferraro she said it. But I believe that her mother actually said the rosary every day on behalf of abortion as much as I believe that Hillary Clinton was named after Sir Edmund.

What is it with these people that they think they can tell ridiculous lies and get away with it?

They're special.

They'll also find out what the Ultimate Judge thinks about the matter.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 02:31:51 PM »

good point--
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »

I doubt that there is ANY Italian of that generation that would pray for that lie.And yes I said "ANY".
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:01 AM »

I doubt that there is ANY Italian of that generation that would pray for that lie.And yes I said "ANY".

I wonder how many years ( decades ) ago Geraldine stopped going to Confession ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 06:37:39 AM »

I wonder how many years ( decades ) ago Geraldine stopped going to Confession ?

It's probably inversely related to how many priests refused to give communion to prominent supporters of abortion on demand...

(Greater than zero!)

::)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 10:48:28 PM »

She was always a lady with a good sense of humor, tough broad too.
May she rest in peace.

"tough broad too."

And she was a women who Knew it!
Hated  her politics loved her Style
RIP and my the Lord keep you safe?
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow