Author Topic: Fiscal Cliff Kabuki  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Fiscal Cliff Kabuki
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »
First, Pubbies must yield to Lord and Savior Obama!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/cnn-poll-public-would-blames-gop-if-fiscal-cliff-talks-fail/

Yeah, that one's a no brainer!   ::)

Any disagreement with Lord and Savior Obama will destroy Christmas, and it is all YOUR fault!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/it-begins-white-house-says-disagreeing-with-obama-claus-will-ruin-christmas/

Dude, they're already caving in, this is just spiking the football after socring your 9th TD of the game.  Sore winners!   ::)

And somebody is hitting the Egg Nog too hard...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/eric-cantor-if-president-is-serious-about-fixing-problem-he-ought-to-be-putting-obamacare-on-table-video/

ObamaCare on the table!   ::saywhat::   ::laughonfloor::

Who says Cantor doesn't have a sense of humor?!

I bet Weepy Boehner already sent Eric some KY and told him to get ready...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Fiscal Cliff Kabuki
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
A poll of CNN viewing dumbass': Public Would Blame GOP if a combination of spending cuts and tax increases that they say they're for, causes the F'13 deficit to fall to $700 billion.

Fixed.  Because CNN viewing dumbass' have no idea of what they're really for or not.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
Well, to be fair to the CNN viewing dumbasses (not that I am interested in being fair to them) all they can understand is "free shyt"!  All else is meaningless and if they don't get it, it is because evil racist white Republicans, COnservatives and Tea Party morons denied them their fair share!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »
I've been hearing lots of talk on the radio shows, on forums, etc, about the need to somehow make the general public understand what all this stuff about national debt and annual deficits means to them personally. But instead I think the actual nub of the problem isn't that they don't understand, it's that they don't have to understand. They are cushioned from the effects of bad fiscal and economic policies by transfer payments. Or as Rush says, they're not working but they're not starving either. When the "safety net" becomes a comfortable hammock, there is a total disconnect with economic reality. Bad economy? Who cares? I'm still getting my EBT card recharged every month. High unemployment rate?  Good! That means they'll feel pressure to enact more benefit extensions!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
The Republicans are talking (caving) about "revenue enhancements (tax increases) and all I can think is, HEY!  IT AIN'T YOUR MONEY! you're promising to the Democrats and the other looters!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
I can't believe there are still people delusional enough to believe anything worthwhile can be accomplished by way of the Republican Party. How many times have they fallen hook, line, and sinker for the Democrats' promise to make spending cuts in exchange? 

Boehner and company are every bit the enemies of limited government and Constitutional fidelity as the Democrats. They are in some measure worse, because they make overtures and pretenses to those things just to gather votes, then they do as they please (i.e., cave to the Democrats).  They are beneath contempt.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

Obama won by carving out his special interests
and catering to them.  Republicans seek out those
who are not especially interested and work for
their vote.  It's time.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:27 PM »
I can't believe there are still people delusional enough to believe anything worthwhile can be accomplished by way of the Republican Party. How many times have they fallen hook, line, and sinker for the Democrats' promise to make spending cuts in exchange? 

Boehner and company are every bit the enemies of limited government and Constitutional fidelity as the Democrats. They are in some measure worse, because they make overtures and pretenses to those things just to gather votes, then they do as they please (i.e., cave to the Democrats).  They are beneath contempt.

Check it out, they are stumbling over each other to cave in on everything...

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7188.new.html

::mooning::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »

If we expunge the upper NE and the west coast an
east west strip of northern Washington equal to
the width of Idaho's stove pipe  must be retained
by Idaho.  

Oh, and eastern Washington gets a vote on whether
to go to with the US or be expunged.  And if they
vote to stay they be granted the northern strip
and the area deemed the new state of Free Washington.

This avoids the whole secession argument.  But the
discussion on the location of the new national capitol
will be animated.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
Peaceful division unlikely, the race to the inevitable will continue unimpeded.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »

Wasn't necessary talking peace; it just seems this is our country and instead of leaving it (running) we should through them out.  We could start by not sending money to DC.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 07:11:24 AM »

Wasn't necessary talking peace; it just seems this is our country and instead of leaving it (running) we should through them out.  We could start by not sending money to DC.

Agreed.  However, we face the same problem the Founders initially had...getting enough people to act in unison.  We are looking at a civil war scenario then, not a second revolution, and a splintered civil war at that...could make the late Yugoslavian break up look like a friendly divorce...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 08:09:49 AM »
I've seen another idea floated out there somewhere.

Get Obama's plan (remember, the pussy  ::curtsy4:: has yet to present his plan) and just pass it.  Give it to him.  100% ownership, whatever he wants.  Republicans will get blamed no matter what they do, so just give the stuttering clusterfluke everything he asks for, then stand back with the mother of all told you so's.

I'm game.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »

Get Obama's plan (remember, the pussy  ::curtsy4:: has yet to present his plan) and just pass it.  Give it to him.  100% ownership, whatever he wants.  Republicans will get blamed no matter what they do, so just give the stuttering clusterfluke everything he asks for, then stand back with the mother of all told you so's.

I'm game.

I think I know how this story ends...and I am still OK with the strategy.  Full-frontal Obamunism, bring it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »

I'm game.

I think I know how this story ends...and I am still OK with the strategy.  Full-frontal Obamunism, bring it!

Full frontal......as opposed to taking it in the rear. Change you can believe in....LOL ::rolllaughing::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »

Reason and logic has escaped the ne and w coasts
they are dead weight sinking the ship of state.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »
Full-frontal Obamunism, bring it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 07:22:36 AM »
Full-frontal Obamunism, bring it!

Whoa!  That might have to be my new avatar.  If only I could stand looking at that evil face...

I guess I'll stick with the capitol in ruins, same message without that face...

Good find though MNHawk, these next 4 years (if we last that long) will be a nightmare...