Author Topic: Texas: Voter ID  (Read 1234 times)

charlesoakwood

Texas: Voter ID
« on: March 26, 2011, 11:04:46 PM »

Appeasement?
After a week of delays from House Democrats, including dozens of amendments and six points of order, the Texas Legislature passed a Voter ID bill last night after 11 hours of debate. The final House vote was 101-48.

For years Texans have been demanding a bill to curtail voter fraud. In 2007 the House passed a Voter ID bill that never made it out of the Senate. In 2009 the Senate passed a bill that was derailed by House Democrats. A deciding factor this go around was the support of the new 30-member Republican Hispanic Caucus and the Latino National Republican Coalition of Texas.

The bill now goes to Governor Perry to be signed into law; and because the bill was passed with a 2/3rd majority, it will immediately go into effect.

He'll probably sign it.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Texas: Voter ID
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »
Here in MN there are competing Voter ID bills being advanced by the GOP majority in the House - one by the GOP House rank-and-file, and one by the GOP House leadership.

Guess which bill actually has the teeth to prevent and prosecute voter fraud? You guessed right.

::gaah::

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:31:33 AM »
A similar voter ID bill is making it's way through the Ohio Legislature with the expected cacophonous declamations of the (now) minority Democrats who can only come up with the amorphous arguement of "unconstitutionality."

I'll never understand why Democrats are so concerned about "constitutionality" when The Constitution is a document they so readily bastardize and dilute when it suits their purpose .

At any rate , the bill seems well on its way to passage and high time !

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:20:54 AM »
Here in MN there are competing Voter ID bills being advanced by the GOP majority in the House - one by the GOP House rank-and-file, and one by the GOP House leadership.

Guess which bill actually has the teeth to prevent and prosecute voter fraud? You guessed right.

Let me guess.  It's not by those who crave what the J-Tards at the bankrupt Star-Tribune think?

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »
I believe that in the People's Republic of Maryland, they are putting forth a bill that would just limit the ballot to DemonRats only which is much easier to pass constitutional muster. They say that this will cut down on any attempts to invalidate elections by voter fraud. This is an attempt to quell claims of voting fraud by GOP candidates and pollsters at DemonRats that always seem to have a lead just prior to the opening of election stations.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 02:03:06 PM »

And our new proglodyte Gov will veto either one anyway...so why go with a weaker bill?

Morons.

Let me guess.  It's not by those who crave what the J-Tards at the bankrupt Star-Tribune think?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.