Author Topic: Jim DeMint resigns to head Heritage Foundation  (Read 1216 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Jim DeMint resigns to head Heritage Foundation
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »
RATS!!!

No link yet; just heard it on the "news" and Beck is discussing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Jim DeMint resigns to head Heritage Foundation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »
That sucks

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
Another one: http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/06/breaking-sen-jim-demint-resigns-will-head-the-heritage-foundation/

Note the article made a big deal out of the possibility of SC's Indian-American governor appointing a black Republican to take over DeMint's seat. As long as the GOP stays stuck in that "hey look, we've got one too!" mindset they are hopeless.

I also take DeMint's resignation as a sign that he is acknowledging the political avenue is shut down for the foreseeable future. He would not leave the Senate if he thought he could accomplish things there.  Taking over the Heritage Foundation is basically an acknowledgment that the battle is in the culture now, which is where it should have always been anyway.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »

Absolutely, it was recently discussed here that the next shoe would be political leadership, as with flag officers, began to leave.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:56 AM »

He's being interviewed by Rush right now.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
Listening .......

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »
"Harry Reid is a good friend" of his, says DeMint?!  ::boggle::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »
  I think I'm going to be sick!!! ::puke::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »

He's already pricked them.  A spokesman for the senate just remarked he "wished DeMint would read the bill before he spoke" because this POS proposed is really a good spending? bill.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:32 PM »
Yeah we tried suggesting they read bills before they enact them into law, too.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
That is an arcane, time-wasting and extremely difficult endeavor, according to John Conyers --

"‘Read the bill, read the bill’.... ” “What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you’ve read the bill?”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/29/read-the-bill-congressmen/#ixzz2EISmYOU8

And he had/s absolutely no idea to what he'd just confessed about congressional sausage-making.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »
Things seemed so much more hopeful after 2010.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »

yep...what the hell happened. It's as if 2010 didn't exist.

Demint can help conservatives at Heritage more than in the senate. At least I hope so.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »

"He would not leave the Senate if he thought he could accomplish things there.  Taking over the Heritage Foundation is basically an acknowledgment that the battle is in the culture now, which is where it should have always been anyway."

Maybe he's taking a cue from Breitbart.

And reinforcing Breitbart and our fears:

Jonathan Chait: Why Yes, Liberals Do Competely Control The Media, And They Use It, Very Successfully, To Advance Their Political Agenda
—Ace

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

"He would not leave the Senate if he thought he could accomplish things there.  Taking over the Heritage Foundation is basically an acknowledgment that the battle is in the culture now, which is where it should have always been anyway."

Maybe he's taking a cue from Breitbart.

And reinforcing Breitbart and our fears:

Jonathan Chait: Why Yes, Liberals Do Competely Control The Media, And They Use It, Very Successfully, To Advance Their Political Agenda
—Ace

Oleg Atbashian over at The People's Cube, himself a former agitprop artist in the Soviet Union, characterizes this state of affairs as "the professional Left versus the amateur Right". He is so correct in that assessment.

Conservatives have been so...for lack of a better term...one dimensional in their personal pursuits (i.e. business, private sector) that they effectively ceded academia and the bureaucracy to the Left. The Left has in turn leveraged their virtual monopoly in those areas to their full advantage. To be frank, we've been getting our asses kicked for decades. Probably the biggest reason for that is that our side won't unanimously acknowledge that there is even such a thing as a Culture War afoot.

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »
To be frank, we've been getting our asses kicked for decades.

yep.

there are too many that while they're not "Left" they're not "Right" either.  I think of some of my husband's family who think that being nice and paying your taxes and going to work everyday is going to cut it.

NO ONE wants to think they've contributed to the decline of culture.  It's the other people who did.

We can't make progress until we all say we messed up!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »

Till the establishment repubs decided to flush it down the crapper.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie