Author Topic: Bad Plan by GOP ??  (Read 960 times)

Offline sfetter

Bad Plan by GOP ??
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »
I am new to the forum but have been reading and thought I would ask a question sort of.

We all know that the far left has taken over just about everything, and with the second term of the King, things look bleak. Now we have this fiscal situation that everyone knows the general public will loose even more of their take home pay. Not to mention the deficit.

No Matter what compromise the GOP may make, when things continue to be bad and get worse, the king and the left will just blame the GOP saying they did not get everything they wanted.  Why play that game   ??????

Seems to me the quickest way to show America once and for all these policies do not work is to - GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT !!!!!

Just tell the American people that the king has won and we will give them everything they want for the next 2 to 4 years but make it known that they own it !!!!!!!!  Sink or swim they own it !!!!!!!   If it works - Great for every one, if it fails, we had nothing to do with it!!

I see this as the only way to get people to vote for conservative principles in the future. And maybe it's too late already.  Why would they not try this.  From where I sit, nothing to loose.

Am I wrong  ???????

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Bad Plan by GOP ??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Welcome sfetter.

There is an argument to be made for allowing them whatever they want in the hopes that they would then hold undeniable ownership. Of course a large percentage of that scenario relies upon the inevitability of the whole system crashing and burning as a necessary (and inevitable) consequence. And that there might be enough left to rebuild afterwards.

A variation of this theme occurred during the reign of FDR and resulted in the Great Depression lasting almost twenty years. It's possible that we could recover from the damage of the left's grand experiment otherwise known as Post-Reason Amerika, but it will likely take us generations.

I'd prefer to stomp the shyt outta them now and save our nation (but that's just me).

Offline sfetter

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »
Welcome sfetter.

There is an argument to be made for allowing them whatever they want in the hopes that they would then hold undeniable ownership. Of course a large percentage of that scenario relies upon the inevitability of the whole system crashing and burning as a necessary (and inevitable) consequence. And that there might be enough left to rebuild afterwards.

A variation of this theme occurred during the reign of FDR and resulted in the Great Depression lasting almost twenty years. It's possible that we could recover from the damage of the left's grand experiment otherwise known as Post-Reason Amerika, but it will likely take us generations.

I'd prefer to stomp the shyt outta them now and save our nation (but that's just me).

I would gladly join you in this effort but sadly I don't think there is enough of us anymore.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »
I favor a modified version of give them everything.  Let them have all they want on fiscal/economic crap, that'll crash the system faster than anything, I would not cave on things that threaten our liberty (but they already have with ObamaCare, NDAA etc) or judicial appointments (but they already have with the Wise Latina, Ginsberg, etc)....

We are talking about Pubbies here, they'll eff it all up for sure and we'll get nothing we want so get used to it...

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »
I think Limbaugh has this right. The Republicans were elected to a majority in the House with a mandate to oppose Obama's spending and the Senate's complicity. Obama was re-elected with a mandate to relate to people like them.

For the House Republicans to give in to tax increases now is nothing less than Obama trying to destroy the Republican party. By giving in and accepting a rate increase, what the GOP gives Obama is a tacit admission that tax cuts were the cause of all our problems, and he will demagogue that admission in order to ruin the GOP.

They have to stand strong, and play chicken with this sonofabitch. Do I think they will? Heh.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »

Welcome sfetter, they've about GASed me out.  They don't need to go over the cliff, which is OK by me; I'd rather see them make a strong Conservative proposal and stand by it.  But as IDP says, "Do I think they will? Heh".

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »
We can only hope for a strong stance.....I watched Corker this morning backpeddle from his earlier position. I'm betting he heard from a bunch of his constituants who read him the riot act.....It happened over obamacare, as my state toyed with the idea of setting it up but decided to can it and allow D.C. the privledge.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
The only card that the R's have to play is the debt ceiling. They need to refuse to raise it. That will bring things to a halt quicker and more effectively than anything. And no, I don't think they will do it.

The Republican party has been thoroughly and completely emasculated. They are 100% testicle free. Zero testosterone. Geldings. This describes their leader (Boehner) and thus, describes the party as a whole.

I have had many weeks now to mull over what happened on Election Day and I do not like what I have had to conclude. I believe that for the near term (perhaps the next forty to fifty years) we are finished as a country. Some of you know that I left the Republican party several years back over the comprehensive immigration reform issue. I am now pretty much ready to just stop voting for Republicans. I will probably support local and state R's but I cannot invest any more of my money or time in national politics. It's pretty much pointless now.

I have always believed that third party movements were stupid because they would automatically throw an election to the D's but now I don't care anymore after it was demonstrated to me that the country has changed and that the takers outnumber the makers. I believe that the last election pretty much frees me up to vote my conscious and support a third party. The R's have gone full Whig and I don't see it coming back. Not in my lifetime and probably not ever.

We need to just let it burn and then start over. I see ammunition as a good thing to stock up on right about now.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:37:34 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »
The Republicans aren't going to do anything except wet their pants. Since any sort of principled stand is out of the question, the best we can hope for is to let the Dems have whatever they want. Their policies will help bring about the inevitable collapse a bit sooner.

It's sort of like the last two years of WWII.  The Allies considered many proposals to assassinate Hitler, but ultimately decided he would bring about the downfall of Germany quicker than they could.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
The Republicans aren't going to do anything except wet their pants. Since any sort of principled stand is out of the question, the best we can hope for is to let the Dems have whatever they want. Their policies will help bring about the inevitable collapse a bit sooner.

It's sort of like the last two years of WWII.  The Allies considered many proposals to assassinate Hitler, but ultimately decided he would bring about the downfall of Germany quicker than they could.

How can you have a principled stand when Boner purged anyone that even thought of not going along out of any committees where their vote could eff things up for him and his merry band of rinos.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 06:56:07 AM »

How can you have a principled stand when Boner purged anyone that even thought of not going along out of any committees where their vote could eff things up for him and his merry band of rinos.

An intelligent person would conclude that the members have to dump Boehner as Speaker, but since they are a) weak, b) fragmented and c) in compromising pics stashed away in the speakers office, nothing will happen.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.