Author Topic: George W. Bush pushes for more immigration  (Read 11308 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: George W. Bush pushes for more immigration
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
Sometimes people go out of their way to manufacture a crisis in order to make themselves seem important and/or to buttress a fragile ego...that is a hallmark of the Ruling Class elite I have no patience for and no desire to emulate.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
just so I understand --what is the problem with our current immigration policy that we need to negotiate on?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »
just so I understand --what is the problem with our current immigration policy that we need to negotiate on?

It's not being enforced?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

It's not being enforced?

seems like we need enforcement not negotiation
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
The whole impetus for "negotiation" is the feckless GOP once again swallowing all the Left's narratives and premises. Oh the Hispanics hate us because we don't immediately bestow full citizenship on everyone who steps over the border. We better reach out to them! We can't let the Democrats have a monopoly on all the non-white voters!

So there's where "negotiation" comes from.  Rush offered another alternative. Offer amnesty with the condition that anyone who accepts it cannot vote for 25 years. See if the Left would take that deal. Of course they wouldn't, because this whole thing is about manufacturing new Democrats overnight.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2012, 12:54:19 PM »
Then the refrain should be ENFORCEMENT.

Then let the dems explain why we can't do that instead of the republicans always letting the dems lead the discussion.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »
Because they've fully bought into the idea that "enforcement" is the same thing as being racist and anti-Hispanic. The only real skill the Republican party leadership has is painting itself into corners. They're great at that.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
Then the refrain should be ENFORCEMENT.

Then let the dems explain why we can't do that instead of the republicans always letting the dems lead the discussion.

Because it's raaaycissss!  That's their story and they're sticking to it because the group with which we have the biggest enforcement headache is Mexican/"hispanic" due to border proximity.  And now that applies as well to the 'slims who are using the illegal Mexican method of border infiltration.

We are the United States of America; Congress pisses away more money on bullcrap than it would cost to put people on the border and actually enforce our sovereignty.  Even if that is not a true statement, that the cost would be prohibitive, I don't care; this is one of the duties and responsibilities assigned the Federal government by the Constitution.  That they won't do it tells me all I need to know about their intentions.

eta:  Ah.  I see Glock has beat me to it again.  Great minds .......

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

TeachX3

« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
Because they've fully bought into the idea that "enforcement" is the same thing as being racist and anti-Hispanic...

Exactly.  I have had people say to me, that claiming the United States of America is SOVEREIGN is RACIST.  That is the level of intelligence out there.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »

Opps, posted in wrong topic.  Post withdrawn.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
if every penny of my taxes went to securing this nation I'd be good with that.....

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »
Most pennies of your taxes go to securing Democrat votes.  That's the short version of it.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
Most pennies of your taxes go to securing Democrat votes.  That's the short version of it.

And supporting Democrat votes.  I canNOT stand that my property taxes are paying for the schools around here, and some of the teachers who are as anti-American as they come.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »

When I was a little bitty boy my Grandpa said "I paid for you mother's education your father should pay for yours".

TeachX3

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »
... I can NOT stand that my property taxes are paying for the schools around here, and some of the teachers who are as anti-American as they come.

HEAR, HEAR!  We homeschooled from '97 until '12 ... and have to support a 'school' system we did not want or use.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
Wow.....We do not need to shut down LEGAL immigration. We do not need to make it easier and we do not need to legalize those here. Those who strive to come here legally are not the issue, they are part of the solution.

I'm not good at this...let me see if I can explain my point from the perspective of small business. I have many small business friends. We meet each month. Today, most use ( I'd state forced) some type of "foreign" labor, rarely used a decade ago, and you know what, they are hard workers and do a good job. There is a strong work ethic, but highly suseptable to the trappings of "free", frankly, just like everyone else. It's predictable they will vote democrat. The change I've witnessed over the last 20 years has not happened because my buddies are greedy bastages and want to make as much money as possible...... But because of an overabundance of taxation, regulation, gov't interference at every level.......so the unskilled "foreign" worker fills a need, not created for profits sake alone, but from the necessity to keep a business viable.  In a world where small business profits are squeezed to the brink and you have a family to care for, that unskilled worker has become essential.... Since the 1980's, The United States of America has been creating this need. As long as a landscaper must buy 200.00 worth of permits for a 1000.00 dollar job, there will be illegal, unskilled labor.

I'm doing some remodeling of my business. The skilled aspects( plumbing, electrical) of what I need does not come from the "unskilled" crowd. Until we create a business friendly enviroment, at every level of gov't, we will continue to be overrun with illegals. We can enforce the borders, fine people, it won't matter.

Of course, it aint happening. I'd venture a guess the unskilled have no real interest to become a citizen. They are looking for work. They will take what free chit dems will give them and still show up at 6am and work til darkthirty. They leave an area when: 1) the work dries up...that's it. Now, the work may dry up because everyone will go out of business, but it would be much more effective if the guy who hires over half the population didn't feel the need to cut costs by hiring illegals.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

Well said.  It is also driven by the lack of desire in other groups to do the work.  They are privileged, either by birth, intellect, or government largesse and will. not. do. it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2012, 04:00:26 PM »
I want to respond to a couple of things in your post, Don, but right now I need a nap, so I'll do it later.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »

Well said.  It is also driven by the lack of desire in other groups to do the work.  They are privileged, either by birth, intellect, or government largesse and will. not. do. it.

I didn't want to comment on the lack of desire. There are good workers to be found if the mechnisms( lower taxes) were in place to which would move the illegals back home. Not to steroype, but had some tilework done, black guy, and he was excellent.....Plus, this dude would work into the nite to finish. Sad thing is, it's an employers market today, but the privledged don't want to compete. It's easier to complain.

Not my fault thier man has created an enviroment where the privledged can't name thier price.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2012, 04:43:33 PM »
I want to respond to a couple of things in your post, Don, but right now I need a nap, so I'll do it later.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Take a nap.....Come back refreshed..... ::grouphug::