Author Topic: Writer defends tattoo criticism of QB Kaepernick  (Read 1627 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Writer defends tattoo criticism of QB Kaepernick
« on: December 01, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »
Colin Kaepernick‘s arms are full of tattoos. This apparently ensures that the San Francisco quarterback can never be a legitimate hero for the NFL — or even the 49ers

This is the impression given by AOL Fanhouse's David Whitley.

The columnist penned a controversial piece on Thursday centered entirely on Kaepernick’s ink.

“NFL quarterback is the ultimate position of influence and responsibility,” he writes. “He is the CEO of a high-profile organization, and you don’t want your CEO to look like he just got paroled.”

Whitley tried to cloak his criticisms underneath a disdain for tattoos.

Which is what he wrote about -- the tattoos.  But, no!  The other media chooses to interpret that criticism as ---- you guessed it -- RACISM.

And according to Kaepernick's adopted mother, the tattoos are bible verses.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Writer defends tattoo criticism of QB Kaepernick
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:40:27 AM »
He does look like he just got paroled.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:47:18 AM »
"CEO of a high-profile organization"? Piss poor analogy that holds no water for the case Whitley is trying to make. Quarterbacks and CEOs have no parallel responsibilities or activities.

The question is not whether Quarterbacks are akin to CEOs and therefore should appear CEOish. The question is whether Quarterbacks are or are not role-models, and if so, what impact tattoos have on their ability to serve as such.

As for Whitley's critics charging racism, what else is new? I am so sick to death of Leftist pukes creating reasons to scream "racism" it makes me feel violent, and, truth be told, racist. Not that I have racism in my heart - I don't. But having half the country screaming that I am makes me extremely resentful of the people on whose behalf they scream. It feels like they will not be satisfied until I become what they say I am, so they can point the finger at me and say, "see!" Their accusations bring me ever closer to not giving a damn. Why shouldn't I collectively hate someone who so obviously collectively hates me?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
Only one way to atone for your sins white man, and that's to stop existing.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »
Only one way to atone for your sins white man, and that's to stop existing.

Seems that about half of the White population agrees with that.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
About twenty years ago I was walking down High St. at Ohio State University in Columbus , Oh . Ahead of me were a young girl and guy . She was wearing what appeared to be paisley tights but once I got closer at a crosswalk it became evident that what I thought were tights were actually tatoos completely covering both legs ( probably all the way up to her ass ... maybe farther ) . I recall thinking how she would live to regret doing that to herself . Now I'm not so sure . She probably has adolescents of her own now , tatooed from head to toe . Nothing surprises me anymore .
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:23:40 AM by Sectionhand »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »
It's OK SH, some people are just more ahead the curve than others in reverting to tribal rituals.  Soon, we'll all look alike, act alike, talk alike, ...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 09:56:47 AM »
Not that I have racism in my heart - I don't. But having half the country screaming that I am makes me extremely resentful of the people on whose behalf they scream.

YES!

and that resentment is now called racism

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."