Author Topic: Regime to use executive order to reclassify semi-auto firearms?  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Regime to use executive order to reclassify semi-auto firearms?
« on: December 08, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
Another potential extra-legislative maneuver is the regime reclassifying semi-automatic firearms as Title II weapons under the National Firearms Act on the basis that they are "readily convertible to fully automatic". This of course is false, as the semi-auto derivatives of true assault weapons are specifically manufactured so that they aren't easily convertible merely by using parts from their full auto cousins. For example, the semi-auto derivatives of AK pattern rifles lack the proper cuts and openings on their receivers to accept a full auto fire control group. But truth and reality have nothing to do with this.

Don't know how serious this possibility is, but with this regime nothing is ridiculous or laughable anymore.

http://moonbattery.com/?p=22113

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv15rMVN9ds
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Regime to use executive order to reclassify semi-auto firearms?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
3 words - Bring it bozo

::rockets::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:34 PM »
Molon labe.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 12:52:45 AM »
FMCDH - BITS.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »
Get Some!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 05:32:46 PM »
  I went to a gun show today and in two days there have been 8 thousand people there buying guns and ammo like it's going out of style.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »
  I went to a gun show today and in two days there have been 8 thousand people there buying guns and ammo like it's going out of style.

I went to one yesterday morning. It's probably the same way. What was odd was the prices at the gun show were higher than Academy or online. People think "gun show" is synonymous with deals and that's not happening.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:02 PM »

I went to one yesterday morning. It's probably the same way. What was odd was the prices at the gun show were higher than Academy or online. People think "gun show" is synonymous with deals and that's not happening.

I quit going for exactly that reason (and well, I already had one of everything ;-) 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
I've noticed the same since at least the late 90s. I quit going because the minor deals I found on stuff like bulk ammo usually didn't make up for the cost of admission and parking. The shows are still good simply for all the stock and variety under one roof, but as far as deals go you can usually do better in a local shop or online.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
I like going now and then if for no other reason than to get out of the house and browse what is available.  I buy 95% of my stuff online or at shops.

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »
During the non-snow months we have gun shows every month here. During the summer they are sometimes even two weeks apart (different sponsors, of course). For nine bucks admission and free parking I can wander around all weekend. Somehow I never get tired of them. Although I usually leave with just ammo and targets.

It finally occurred to me that even if I could save $20 on a gun at the show, wouldn't I rather pay that money to my local gun shop to help keep them in business? Small businesses that hire quality folks in my neighborhood deserve my support so I figure it's worth a few extra bucks to shop there.

Of course I'd go broke buying ammo at the gun shop full time. Definitely tourist prices.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »

You have to know what the hell you're doing or you get skinned. There was a .22 Remington Nylon there that was was priced at 300.bucks which I thought was insane.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 06:56:16 AM »

You have to know what the hell you're doing or you get skinned. There was a .22 Remington Nylon there that was was priced at 300.bucks which I thought was insane.

That's the going price for a good Nylon 66 now days. I sold one about a year ago. Now I have no more guns. ::angel::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:31 AM »

That's the going price for a good Nylon 66 now days. I sold one about a year ago. Now I have no more guns. ::angel::

If that's what they bring that's what they bring but I would buy a new 20/22 for less money.I Have a Remington 552 with a 4x20 scope in perfect condition and that's probably not worth 300.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 08:34:43 AM »
I saw a 10/22 breakdown model for $279. I think it was Cabela's. I might have to go buy one.

Offline Randoobula

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »
It amazes me how many people dont know the difference between auto an semi-auto, and think that because an assault style rifle looks like an automatic rifle, it is one. Hell... Just becauae John Boehner looks like a dbag doesnt mean he is one. He is, but thats beside the point!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »
It amazes me how many people dont know the difference between auto an semi-auto, and think that because an assault style rifle looks like an automatic rifle, it is one. Hell... Just becauae John Boehner looks like a dbag doesnt mean he is one. He is, but thats beside the point!

Heh.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »
Vomit worthy -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-19/obama-and-biden-address-gun-control-live-webcast

When these people ban guns in government hands before coming after us perhaps then they'd have a modicum of credibility.

They have none, so they get no respect, they earn only my righteous wrath.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
What concerns me the most is that they've got their burning of the Reichstag moment. I still feel a sense of shame, as though I'm being disrespectful of the murder of those little kids by linking it to the greater Culture War, but well, that's exactly what the Left is trying to make of it, a burning of the Reichstag.

Now we all have the uphill slog of defending the inalienable right of self-defense under the constant accusation that we are culpable for what happened there, that our continued defense of the 2nd Amendment makes us apologists for mass killers somehow.

If cooler heads begin to prevail over the next few weeks, I swear I will not be surprised if another "event" occurs. I'm pretty damn tinfoil hattish as it is, considering we already have proof that this regime orchestrated the murder of hundreds of Mexicans and at least one US Border Patrol agent. I put nothing at all past them.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 06:55:47 AM »
Yeah I have to say I am there too, I put nothing past them, and wouldn't be surprised to see another patsy go off and leave a sanitized trail that leaves the statists and their stooges in the MFM to create the narrative to further advance their War on Liberty.