Author Topic: Haley picks Scott  (Read 924 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Haley picks Scott
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
Yippee! Now the Democrats can't call Republicans racist!

I like what In know of Tim Scott. But already, the "narrative" - poor, black, southern, single mom, yadda-yadda-yadda... nauseating. I hate identity politics, and I especially hate how bad the GOP is at trying to play that game.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Yeah.  Hope he likes being used and thrown under the bus, he'll experience both and in pretty short order I bet...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
Yeah.  Hope he likes being used and thrown under the bus, he'll experience both and in pretty short order I bet...

Hopefully he doesn't mind being called an Uncle Tom, a House Negro, an inauthentic black, or a traitor to his race.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
He was, WITHOUT regard to race, the BEST candidate being considered. He would vote more like me than most anyone unless I could get appointed to the seat myself......and I was NOT on the short list. 

This is what we want, people. A color blind society that allows us to advance based on our ideas and our character.  We cannot help that the idiot left will try to reduce him to being a black Republican. That must never deter us from choosing the best candidate.  The leftist media will try to undercut, in any way possible, ANY candidate who was appointed or even elected.

Ignore them.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »
They would be easier to ignore if Republicans weren't so eager to prove their non-racism by highlighting the "Black narrative"  bona-fides of Black Republicans as if there is a need to authenticate Republican Blacks, and that doing so inoculates them from attack.

No poor/southern/fatherless/self-made-bootstraps narrative of Black conservatives will buy them a moment's peace from the Left. So why play the game? Why behave as if that narrative is a defining characteristic?

As I said earlier, what I know of Scott, I like very much. I just wish the GOP didn't feel it necessary to tout his Black-cred in the process of justifying Haley's pick. He's either a good man, or he isn't. The GOP shouldn't fall into the trap of playing the Left's race game. It never helps anything.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
The media is already disapprovingly commenting that "there are now no blacks in the Republican House caucus".  Well gee, how many blacks are in the Democrat Senate caucus???
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
They would be easier to ignore if Republicans weren't so eager to prove their non-racism by highlighting the "Black narrative"  bona-fides of Black Republicans as if there is a need to authenticate Republican Blacks, and that doing so inoculates them from attack.

No poor/southern/fatherless/self-made-bootstraps narrative of Black conservatives will buy them a moment's peace from the Left. So why play the game? Why behave as if that narrative is a defining characteristic?

As I said earlier, what I know of Scott, I like very much. I just wish the GOP didn't feel it necessary to tout his Black-cred in the process of justifying Haley's pick. He's either a good man, or he isn't. The GOP shouldn't fall into the trap of playing the Left's race game. It never helps anything.

They can't help it - the gop is retaaarded  ::bus::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »
The media is already disapprovingly commenting that "there are now no blacks in the Republican House caucus".  Well gee, how many blacks are in the Democrat Senate caucus???

Wasn't Mia Love running for a House seat from Utah?  And didn't the Left do everything in their power to see her defeated?!

God forgive me, I HAAATE these people!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »

Wasn't Mia Love running for a House seat from Utah?  And didn't the Left do everything in their power to see her defeated?!

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »

Not half as much as I do Pan. I may be kicked to the curb as my search to get into heaven just for hating these evil bastards.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 06:59:22 AM »
The media is already disapprovingly commenting that "there are now no blacks in the Republican House caucus".  Well gee, how many blacks are in the Democrat Senate caucus???

Wasn't Mia Love running for a House seat from Utah?  And didn't the Left do everything in their power to see her defeated?!

Not half as much as I do Pan. I may be kicked to the curb as my search to get into heaven just for hating these evil bastards.

If hating evil is wrong then I don't want to be right!

ETA - Right on cue:  NAACP Voices “Major Concerns” About Tim Scott’s Appointment To Senate
http://weaselzippers.us/2012/12/17/naacp-voices-major-concerns-about-tim-scotts-appointment-to-senate/

The deauthentication process has begun...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:39:34 AM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12/ny-times-welcomes-republican-tim-scott-to-senate-by-calling-him-a-token/

Republican Tim Scott is the only African American in the US Senate.
Mediaite reported, via Lucianne:

You have got to hand it to the New York Times’ editors – they’ve got moxy. A Times opinion piece on Tuesday introducing their readers to the newest Senator from the Palmetto State, former Rep. Tim Scott (R-SC), speaks about him – and those with who share his political affiliation and skin color – in the terms you would describe a curious science project. In “The Puzzle of Black Republicans,” the Times summons all the subtlety of the Kool-Aid Man as they smash through the perception that the “paper of record” maintains a single shred of neutrality as they advance the notion that non-Democratic African-Americans are a curiosity to be examined like some newly discovered species of fish.

Gateway has the Times screenshot; you have to see it.  It actually says "modern black Republicans have been more tokens than signs of progress".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:57 AM »
When can we start.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12/ny-times-welcomes-republican-tim-scott-to-senate-by-calling-him-a-token/

Republican Tim Scott is the only African American in the US Senate.
Mediaite reported, via Lucianne:

You have got to hand it to the New York Times’ editors – they’ve got moxy. A Times opinion piece on Tuesday introducing their readers to the newest Senator from the Palmetto State, former Rep. Tim Scott (R-SC), speaks about him – and those with who share his political affiliation and skin color – in the terms you would describe a curious science project. In “The Puzzle of Black Republicans,” the Times summons all the subtlety of the Kool-Aid Man as they smash through the perception that the “paper of record” maintains a single shred of neutrality as they advance the notion that non-Democratic African-Americans are a curiosity to be examined like some newly discovered species of fish.

Gateway has the Times screenshot; you have to see it.  It actually says "modern black Republicans have been more tokens than signs of progress".

So says a left-wing scrunt called Adolph.

::mooning::