Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

The truth about Wolf ammo

(1/6) > >>

John Florida:
The Truth About Wolf Ammo

Any opinions?

IronDioPriest:
One of the ranges I go to won't even let you shoot Wolf. They don't advertise why, but I've always assumed it was just because they collect left-behind brass, and don't want to have to sort out the steel casings.

Libertas:
Agreed, I too think it is the non-brass casings.  They don't like Blazer rounds either.

Glock32:
It's usually that or their belief in 3rd-hand information about it destroying range backstops (it won't). Some outdoor ranges in dry areas may have a good reason to prohibit ammo with steel in the jacket, since it can spark when it hits rocks and such. Even that is probably exaggerated. I recall the anti-gun forces tried to blame some forest fires this summer on recreational shooters.

I shoot Wolf in Eastern Bloc firearms, and it works fine. Generally among the cheap Russian fodder, I think Barnaul (the various Bear brands) and Vympel (Golden Tiger) are better. I don't shoot it in any Western firearms. I don't think it would be a problem, it just feels too much like putting 87 octane price club gas in a Ferrari.

Pandora:
My Kimber will shoot anything just fine.  Some of the other 1911s -- Springfield -- don't like the steel casings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version