Author Topic: 27 dead, including 18 children, at Newtown, CT, elementary school  (Read 16254 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: 27 dead, including 18 children, at Newtown, CT, elementary school
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
I told my wife Friday night that a tornado could have gone through New Town and killed 100 people . And yes , it would have been a tragedy . But it would have been far easier to explain and understand . This sort of thing I'll never understand .  :'(

Wretchard explains it here:  You don't understand it because you're sane.  You're sane because you recognize reality, and the reality is there is good and evil.  I *think* I got it right.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »
Comments like the one article that Weisshaupt posted about 3-11 shots in each body, two-pistols and an AR (which we are not yet sure even left the vehicle) and "tapping mags" together allowed faster reloads...this does not sound like anything within the natural ability of a functioning dysfunctional person, it sounds like someone behaviorally programmed to go on a killing spree when activated.  There are too many inconsistencies with this story and I sincerely doubt we will ever know the full truth, but any way you cut it this loss of life is 100% owned by the liberals and their view that everybody with a gun is a ticking time-bomb waiting to slaughter innocents (except those duly authorized in government service of course)!  If just one person in that school was allowed to carry this asshat cold have been dropped with much less loss of life incurred.  But no, let the demonization of guns and gun owners rule the day, one cannot waste a good opportunity to further enslave Americans into full obedience to the state, that goal must not be allowed to fail.

I hate this, I hate everything about this story!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Interesting perspective here on how school shootings need to be prevented with the same mentality that has resulted in zero deaths from fire in an American school for the past 50 years.

http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter/articles/2058168-Lt-Col-Dave-Grossman-to-cops-The-enemy-is-denial/

Note particularly point 5-G at the end:

"g. Armed citizens can help.  Think United 93. Whatever your personal take on gun control, it is all but certain that a killer set on killing is more likely to attack a target where the citizens are unarmed, rather than one where they are likely to encounter an armed citizen response."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
Sorry, Glock, but "meh".  Grossman includes armed civilians last, but truth be told, we are the first line of defense -- always.  And the schools are militarized enough already in an official sense.  If we could the slap the denial out of the sheep to whom we turn over "our" children, we wouldn't need the damned SWATted up cop on the premises.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
Yeah I know. I just figure we are already too far gone for that. We here on this forum are a tiny anomaly. The mass majority of citizens, even purported conservatives, are fully conditioned to look to "authorities" for all answers. I guess I am grasping for any alternative to throw at them other than the inevitable "for the children" omnibus bill we are sure to see.

Maybe the end is finally upon us. Disarming the citizenry is the final check box.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
Yeah I know. I just figure we are already too far gone for that. We here on this forum are a tiny anomaly. The mass majority of citizens, even purported conservatives, are fully conditioned to look to "authorities" for all answers. I guess I am grasping for any alternative to throw at them other than the inevitable "for the children" omnibus bill we are sure to see.

Maybe the end is finally upon us. Disarming the citizenry is the final check box.

Maybe "they" are already too far gone for that and the end is upon us.  So be it.

They're not getting my guns, my mags or my ammo.  They can wave all the omnibus bills around they want.  I'm organizing a meet-up of gun-rights people in my county (via the local forum) to brainstorm the big, fat NO we're going to deliver to the grabbers.

We've used reason, logic and common sense, the Constitution and history and still they keep coming after the guns.  I just had one of them suggest that *maybe* it's us gun-nuts who are insane.  Not unexpectedly, either.

Time to just say NO.

Next up:  their move.  And I've told them that twice now.  Response?  >>crickets<<

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »
They are the same people who advocate using taxpayer money to kill children IN THE WOMB! 

The daily murder of 3000 babies by abortion in this country is a thought not far from my thoughts about those 1st graders.

If any one of their mothers 6 or 7 years ago would have decided to abort them pre-birth a good number of people would have been ok with that.

I think this event has shown the requirement of locking schools and requiring visiters to check in at the office doesn't stop anything.  At our local high school there are retired people who "man" all entrances and make sure visiters are directed to the main entrance to check in during the morning arrival.  One time I went in to pick up a PSAT form for my daughter and completely missed the check in table.  I went upstairs and down the hall to the main office unmolested. At the office I was directed to another office (student affairs) to get the form.  There is absolutely no situational awareness at this school. I stopped several students and a teacher when I got lost and not one could tell me where the student affairs office was.  I found it on my own.  There are several thousands students on this campus.  Another time I went there and there was no one manning the visiter check in table.  The third time I went there I had to sign in and get a name tag that read "visiter".

When I think of arming teachers I think of my daughter's friends who are teachers and who carry (not at school of course!) and I'd be for them to carry in school.  Then I think of the Detriot and Chicago teachers I've seen on the news and I think...hmmmm...do I want someone armed who can't even teach the grade level they're assigned to?  Maybe if it was required for teachers to be proficient all the lib teachers would quit and some better teachers could be hired.  Somehow I suspect anyone who can handle a gun responsibily wouldn't care all that much about gender diversity, etc.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »
"Adam Lanza ...  A photograph released by the wire services reveals a delicate-looking kid with a shy smile and a goofy haircut.

But there's another photo extant as well, one that has not seen such wide circulation:

.... what are we to make of this Lanza photo? What is the thinking here? Why the effort to clean up the image of a murderer who killed twenty children and seven adults?"

Sanitizing Adam Lanza

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
Truth be known I've seen both images posted in roughly equal measure.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 01:54:54 PM »

Now that a little time has gone by.  It just strikes me as a Trayvon Martin rerun.  Or .... I could be vewy, vewy cynical.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »

Daddy makes a mil a year working for GE, mommy got the house and 325k a year in '08, hasn't been said but it's probably a private school and the media hasn't gotten hardly a thing correct.

Why would anyone think something's/everything's a little amiss with the facts and the reporting?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »

Now that a little time has gone by.  It just strikes me as a Trayvon Martin rerun.  Or .... I could be vewy, vewy cynical.

Nah - you're probably like me - weary of the indomitable ignorance on display.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
I want to see somebody with brains and a set to promise to lift bans on people from defending themselves and a removal of those retarded "This building bans guns" signs and the citizen-disarming laws that back all that crap up!  All those signs and laws say to bad people is "Come on in, we're intentionally helpless and ripe to be plucked"!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »
It's like the whole "revenue" debate. It's not about increasing revenue to the government, because if it were then they would actually lower tax rates. Increasing the tax rates, particularly in this weak economy, is actually much more likely to cause revenues to decrease. It's been about social engineering from the start.

Same thing with "gun control".  It hasn't a damn thing to do with safety, and everything to do with giving the government more power to disarm the citizenry. If it were about safety, they would do away with victim disarmament zones and let responsible adult staff carry on campus.

The common thread in almost all of these shootings is that the perpetrator killed himself, but only once he was finally confronted with an armed responder. I found out only this morning that a man with CCW confronted the shooter in the Oregon mall, and that's when the perp killed himself. Gee, why was that rather important piece of the story missing all this time?

I'm just demoralized. The Left has been getting everything they want, conveniently while Obama is in office. How is it a minimal majority is always a sweeping mandate for them, yet in all the years the GOP controlled both houses of Congress and the White House they continued to behave as a minority party? Sick of everything. More than anything I am sick of the slack jawed, mouth breathing morons who are our "fellow Americans". I could not be more disgusted with this bunch of farm animals bleating for a Strong Man.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2012, 04:48:46 PM »
It's like the whole "revenue" debate. It's not about increasing revenue to the government, because if it were then they would actually lower tax rates. Increasing the tax rates, particularly in this weak economy, is actually much more likely to cause revenues to decrease. It's been about social engineering from the start.

Same thing with "gun control".  It hasn't a damn thing to do with safety, and everything to do with giving the government more power to disarm the citizenry. If it were about safety, they would do away with victim disarmament zones and let responsible adult staff carry on campus.

The common thread in almost all of these shootings is that the perpetrator killed himself, but only once he was finally confronted with an armed responder. I found out only this morning that a man with CCW confronted the shooter in the Oregon mall, and that's when the perp killed himself. Gee, why was that rather important piece of the story missing all this time?

I'm just demoralized. The Left has been getting everything they want, conveniently while Obama is in office. How is it a minimal majority is always a sweeping mandate for them, yet in all the years the GOP controlled both houses of Congress and the White House they continued to behave as a minority party? Sick of everything. More than anything I am sick of the slack jawed, mouth breathing morons who are our "fellow Americans". I could not be more disgusted with this bunch of farm animals bleating for a Strong Man.

That piece of info is detrimental to the further enslavement of those slack-jawed mouth-breathers we so loath and detest.  It just convinces me more than ever that severing ourselves from the doomed herd and the wranglers leading them over the cliff is really the only sensible play we have.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »
Well, here's the plan "tiredofbs" endorses:

"I read a great article today about weapons’ sales.

Among other things, it advocated taxing the sh** out of buying weapons that are not used for hunting or other legitimate uses (yes, I believe there are legitimate reasons to own guns). The article made the analogy to smoking, which made sense to me. Don’t ban the harmful substance, but make people pay a lot if they choose to partake. For sure, tobacco use has decreased with this approach, and perhaps it could work with arms purchases as well."

They. are. so. pushing it.  And they are so very, very stupid.  You'd have to wonder if they can cipher at all; a Black Market in cigarettes would be nothing compared to guns and ammo.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »
  H/T Bonz at the Grouchies:

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
Well, here's the plan "tiredofbs" endorses:

"I read a great article today about weapons’ sales.

Among other things, it advocated taxing the sh** out of buying weapons that are not used for hunting or other legitimate uses (yes, I believe there are legitimate reasons to own guns). The article made the analogy to smoking, which made sense to me. Don’t ban the harmful substance, but make people pay a lot if they choose to partake. For sure, tobacco use has decreased with this approach, and perhaps it could work with arms purchases as well."

They. are. so. pushing it.  And they are so very, very stupid.  You'd have to wonder if they can cipher at all; a Black Market in cigarettes would be nothing compared to guns and ammo.

Is one of the legitimate purposes protection against zombies?  How about shooting asshats like this who self-righteously think they are entitled to decide what a legitimate purpose  is?  Cowards -everyone of them. He runs his mouth like this when he knows that we can't find him to pick him up and teach him a lesson about running his mouth .. You are not entitled or smart enough to make my decisions for me. MIND YOUR OWN F'ing business.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:19:40 PM by Weisshaupt »