Author Topic: Gerard Depardieu says Au Revoir to France's Tax Collectors  (Read 931 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Gerard Depardieu says Au Revoir to France's Tax Collectors
« on: December 16, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »
Actor joins France's wealthy in exodus from country. Even after paying over 100 million euros in taxes, he is still derided for not being patriotic (i.e. paying more taxes). Once upon a time I looked upon this openly envious mentality and invasion of other citizens' personal business as a uniquely European thing. Now the only difference is the language it's spoken in.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/16/actor-gerard-depardieu-giving-up-french-passport-in-tax-controversy/

ETA - oh, and just get a load of the comments. Tell me we aren't going to have to fight these people to the death sooner or later.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:31:13 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gerard Depardieu says Au Revoir to France's Tax Collectors
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:39:31 PM »
Yeah, nice comments, we have the same envious neerdowells here too, they are entitled to suck the life out of others who they deem unworthy to keep what they've earned and then dare criticize them for earning it.  These louts are tone deaf to their own bullsh*t.  No, there is no reasoning with this ilk, there is only stomping on it until it speaks no more evil.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 02:32:47 AM »
You are right, of course. We are going to have to eventually fight them. It won't be much of a fight, though.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:25 AM »
You are right, of course. We are going to have to eventually fight them. It won't be much of a fight, though.

Are you saying metrosexuals are mostly limp wristed? ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
It's not them as individuals that I worry about, it's their insidious takeover of institutions that can be serious opponents. I always get back to the virus analogy because it so accurately models the Left. They infect existing structures and institutions, things that were initially created for perfectly legitimate and worthy reasons. They then subtly (or sometimes not so subtly) manipulate the scope and mission of the institution, using them to advance the implementation of Leftist ideology throughout society. But most people, who have at most a casual interest in policy matters, continue to venerate those institutions based on their established legacy.  I'm thinking here of things like education, the police, increasingly the military, and so on. Conservatives have traditionally been law and order type people, and part of our problem over the past several decades is that conservatives had this blind spot that left them unaware that both "law" and "order" were becoming increasingly the property of the Left.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
Excellent point G, the subversion of institutions and bureaucracies to the leftist agenda has been in their playbook since the turn of the previous century.  Does anybody think the current so-called opposition party is even close to being up for the task of dismantling all this statist machinery?  They are actively, willingly and purposely adding to it!

The decision the Founders had with Britain now confronts us with this lawless state!

I find our lack of patriotic allies disturbing to say the least.

But I will die with red-hot smoking guns in my hands before I accept tyranny!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.