Author Topic: It's Not War  (Read 1221 times)

charlesoakwood

It's Not War
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »

Concerning the Middle East, Obama and his buds nuance and finesse words as fine as the Treasury and Fed dips water from the right side of the money bucket and places it in the left.  His minions however do not feel the need to be so discrete.

these paragraphs have been cherry picked:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51949.html
Media Matters' war against Fox

The liberal group Media Matters has quietly transformed itself in preparation for what its founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” aimed at the Fox News Channel.

The group, launched as a more traditional media critic, has all but abandoned its monitoring of newspapers and other television networks and is narrowing its focus to Fox and a handful of conservative websites, which its leaders view as political organizations and the “nerve center” of the conservative movement.

The new strategy, he said, is a “war on Fox.”

Media Matters, Brock said, is assembling opposition research files not only on Fox’s top executives but on a series of midlevel officials. It has hired an activist who has led a successful campaign to press advertisers to avoid Glenn Beck’s show. The group is assembling a legal team to help people who have clashed with Fox to file lawsuits for defamation, invasion of privacy or other causes.

The group will “focus on [News Corp. CEO Rupert] Murdoch and trying to disrupt his commercial interests — whether that be here or looking at what’s going on in London right now,” Brock said,

“We made a list of every single person who works for Fox and tried to figure out who might be disgruntled and why, and we went out to try to meet them,” he said. “Clearly, somebody in that organization is giving us primary source documents.”

“Criticizing Fox News has nothing to do with criticizing the press,” its memo says. “Fox News is not a news organization. It is the de facto leader of the GOP, and it is long past time that it is treated as such by the media, elected officials and the public.”

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: It's Not War
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:09:03 PM »
I've heard a little Internet buzz today that this may threaten their tax status. Of course, that would require a bureaucracy willing to hold them accountable, and it would appear that no such accountability exists at the moment. But still....

::popcorn::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 09:15:54 PM »
Transterrestrial Musings posted about this yesterday.

I left the following comment:
rickl Says:
March 26th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I quit watching TV on Election Night 2008, except for baseball.

Now I get all of my news from the internet and talk radio. I have more sources and opinions than I know what to do with. I don’t miss TV news.

Whereupon commenter McGehee replied:
McGehee Says:
March 26th, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Now I get all of my news from the internet and talk radio. I have more sources and opinions than I know what to do with. I don’t miss TV news.

This.

Media Matters is squabbling over the twitching carcass of a dinosaur that hasn’t yet realized what all that noise was about, coming from down in Mexico, and boy it sure is hot with all this molten rock raining down I wonder what caused that?

Let ‘em. Whether they can or can’t take down Fox News only matters if you’re keeping score at a jousting tournament during the age of internet poker.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 04:36:33 AM »
I thought the part about successfully pressing advertisers to avoid Beck's program was interesting since advertisers are falling all over each other to buy time in his slot . Anyone who watches Beck ( I do only once in a while ) can attest to the irritatingly frequent commercial breaks . So I think MM wasted it's money when it hired that particular "activist" . I hope they continue to flush their operating funds down the toilet in this manner . Brock also better be damned sure that his own ass is squeaky clean because FOX has a frustrating ability to turn the tables on its liberal detractors .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »

This  behavior is unseemly and I would think illegal.
If someone solicited my employees to conspire against me or my company
there would be hell to pay.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
Actually, isn't this just boycotting? Been going on forever.

Personally, I think that GB has nothing to worry about.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »
I thought the part about successfully pressing advertisers to avoid Beck's program was interesting since advertisers are falling all over each other to buy time in his slot . Anyone who watches Beck ( I do only once in a while ) can attest to the irritatingly frequent commercial breaks . So I think MM wasted it's money when it hired that particular "activist" . I hope they continue to flush their operating funds down the toilet in this manner . Brock also better be damned sure that his own ass is squeaky clean because FOX has a frustrating ability to turn the tables on its liberal detractors .

I have a couple times and it's all gold companies, survivalist stuff and ambulance chasing lawyers.  I can't imagine they pay as much as a consumer products company, or something found during a regular news cast.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »
You can't do what MM is doing....legally.

If they do not lose their vaunted tax-exempt status that will mean that their illegal activities are being sanctioned by the Øbozo regime. Can't be much plainer than that.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »
When a company banters about the word "sabotage" as a means to an end...I believe more people should have issue....

If I were Murdock, I'd use some of my money to make life harder on media matters. Contacting employees to see if they are disgruntled is underhanded at best. It reeks of an unhealthy hatred. It actually reeks of liberalism.

I personally couldn't support, with time or money, any organization with this type of agenda.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
You can't do what MM is doing....legally.

If they do not lose their vaunted tax-exempt status that will mean that their illegal activities are being sanctioned by the Øbozo regime. Can't be much plainer than that.

::thumbsup::

I'm sure Congress will...uhh...be...all...

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.