Author Topic: This is sad news  (Read 1571 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
This is sad news
« on: December 24, 2012, 11:57:29 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/u-navy-seal-dead-afghanistan-reported-suicide-011024814.html

Never a good time to lose a husband and father, but this time of year especially...

Disturbing news, I hope there is nothing nefarious behind this death.  But given all the weird stuff happening in this regime and in the military...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Re: This is sad news
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:45:17 PM »
My gut does NOT like this.  It seems very wrong on many levels.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:43:52 PM »
My gut does NOT like this.  It seems very wrong on many levels.

I'm with you CHF. It seems as if there is a purge going on in the military. I don't remember a time when members of our SEAL teams were dying off at the rates it seems they have recently.

It speaks of my great mistrust of this government, that I cannot simply rule out that which was heretofore unthinkable. Nothing evil done by these people would surprise me in the least. More and more I have come to expect it.

About the only high-profile suicide I might be willing to accept without much thought of a hidden reality would be John Boehner. I'd want to be dead if I were him.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
 Truly a sad day for that mans family. God be with them
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 06:15:20 PM »
These deaths.......don't pass the smell test......but we live in a time where the sec of state suddenly gets a bellyache which leads to a concussion.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
This thing has the tightest screwed down lid I have seen in quite a while, I seriously doubt the official ruling will be anywhere near the truth.  There is unsubstantiated rumors that this man may have known the truth behind the Osama raid in Pakistan, that it was in fact a double and that Osama died a decade ago in those caves at Tora Bora and that this whole Wag-the-Dog show was staged to benefit Duh Wun, of course there is no proof but it does put the lack of documentary evidence of Osama's demise and his secret burial at sea in context as well as the need for the Team Six operators to be allowed to be taken out.  That something so sick, twisted and evil could be perpetrated by anybody is unthinkable but this Regime practices the unthinkable with such nauseating regularity that it cannot be dismissed as impossible.  If in fact this sick play was carried out it does not bode well for any of our futures.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.