Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 2473 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 01:11:50 AM »
I love my family, but gatherings on both coasts went badly.  I think it is a high pressure holiday in a bad economy.  One cannot express how grateful we are that Christ came, lived, and died, for us, before being resurrected and giving us the hope of eternal life.  But, this economic boom that we now call Christmas, SUCKS. Let us just have the holiday (HOLY DAY?) together and leave the pressure out. We simply are not strong enough for all that.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 06:01:51 AM »
Golly, I had too much wine last night. Fell asleep at 8 PM, woke up at 3. Not hung over or anything, but that's not really how I planned on finishing out my Christmas night.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »
Our company came down with the flu so we spent Christmas Eve without them, just Gunsmith and I, and we're still working on the three pounds of fresh shrimp.  We made a huge lasagne yesterday and, dangit, while this one's just a little dry, it's still good.

We played Scrabble until about 1 AM and then went to bed.

Good days.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »
I love my family, but gatherings on both coasts went badly.  I think it is a high pressure holiday in a bad economy.  One cannot express how grateful we are that Christ came, lived, and died, for us, before being resurrected and giving us the hope of eternal life.  But, this economic boom that we now call Christmas, SUCKS. Let us just have the holiday (HOLY DAY?) together and leave the pressure out. We simply are not strong enough for all that.

Ours went well. No one spent a lavish amount, and no one had to really travel far. But EVERYONE seemed to bring food. ::whoohoo::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »
We had a houseful.
My 21 yo son and his 36 yo girlfriend and 3 or her 4 kids. ::doh::
We invited the two older ladies that live with them.

All was good. Surprised (pleasantly) how much ham was left but they demolished this huge roaster of scalloped potatoes I made.

It wasn't bad. I still got my nap in my Archie Bunker chair and they left. Finally. Around 7 PM.
Got to watch at least part of Ralphie's travails in The Christmas Story

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 11:23:33 AM »
We had a houseful.
My 21 yo son and his 36 yo girlfriend and 3 or her 4 kids. ::doh::
We invited the two older ladies that live with them.

How To Survive a Cougar Attack
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:26:40 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »
 ::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. 

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »
IDP, these older ladies were 70 and 62 year old big (I mean BIG!) black women.
If they would have been cougars, well....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
...they would have sat on them and swallowed them whole?

::laughonfloor::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
Best gift I received?

News that my oldest son and his wife are expecting a baby girl July 4th. Total surprise. I am so happy for them both. He broke the news during Christmas Dinner prayer.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
Best gift I received?

News that my oldest son and his wife are expecting a baby girl July 4th. Total surprise. I am so happy for them both. He broke the news during Christmas Dinner prayer.

That's just wonderful BigAl. Congrats!

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
Best gift I received?

Congratulations!!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »
Congratulations!  So, this makes Granpappy x ?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »
Best gift I received?

Now that's a present you can use.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »
Congrats BAS!   ::thumbsup::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 03:39:35 PM »
Thanks all. She will be the first granddaughter, first grandson is now 15 months.

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
Thanks all. She will be the first granddaughter, first grandson is now 15 months.

::clapping::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie