Author Topic: Nadler: ‘The State Ought to Have a Monopoly on Legitimate Violence’  (Read 1247 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
... only the federal government should have “high-capacity” gun magazines and that the “state ought to have a monopoly on legitimate violence.”

The lawmaker told CNSNews.com that he not only supports prohibiting the future sale of 10-round gun magazines, but he would like to confiscate high-capacity clips already legally possessed by American citizens.

... “One of the definitions of a nation state is that the state has a monopoly on legitimate violence.  And the state ought to have a monopoly on legitimate violence.”

“If the premise of your question is that people are going to resist a tyrannical government by shooting machine guns at American troops, that’s insane,” he said.

Oh?  That's "one of the definitions of a nation state"?  The ability to define "legitimate violence" and inflict it on its people?!  And look at the UNsane talking about what's insane.  Part of what benefits normal Americans is the lack of imagination or logic of these people.

Good, let him talk.  Let these people out themselves in all their brazen arrogance.

“We have a lobby, the leadership of the NRA, who function as enablers of mass murder,” Nadler told CNN Host Piers Morgan.  “And that's what they are. They're enablers of mass murder because they terrify the class of political people.

You PIG, you ought to and are supposed to be terrified!

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Nadler: ‘The State Ought to Have a Monopoly on Legitimate Violence’
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nation-state

::thinking::

Nope, not one of the two definitions, there.  I take it the typical "Waddler" voter wouldn't be bright enough to look up for themselves, and to see of the "Waddler" is playing them for a chump?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 12:05:05 PM »
Yes, this fat fascist pig is exactly who the Founders had in mind the people need to protect themselves from when they wrote the 2nd Amendment, and they chose not to list the types of arms we are guaranteed to carry precisely so that future rights would not be denied.  We are the sole enforcers of our rights, the state serves us, we do not serve the state, this fat fascist pig just admitted loudly to the American people that the people must be subservient to the state.  Our Declaration and Constitution was created to make the state subservient to US, asshole!  This fat fascist pig should be charged with treason, tried, convicted and executed, period!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
The German state from 1933-45 certainly asserted that it had a monopoly on legitimate violence. Nadler would have fared very poorly.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
I'm rethinking my abandonment of the NRA for this simple reason: They are at the front lines and in the cross hairs in this suddenly renewed war over 2A rights. After thinking that the Left was lulled by politics and court decisions into accepting the unpopularity of their position, it's now clear that they were just waiting for an opportunity. They're taking Newtown as their opportunity, and the NRA is going to be their demon.

I'm disgusted with the NRA for it's ridiculous attempts to remain non-partisan when the reality is so obviously counter to that charade. But now, at this moment, the NRA is THE organization the Left will demonize and attack, and the only organization with the money and clout to mount an effective response. The NRA is taking it on the chin for our rights. That is as it should be, but it should be recognized and not taken for granted.

I just told them to pound sand about a month ago. If they were to call today, I would not. I'm renewing my membership after leaving them behind for GOA a few years ago. As is the case in so many arenas today, politics is a secondary concern to the war at hand.

YMMV
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
I never did abandon them, even though I prefer the purity of GOA. I belong to both. Even though the NRA has frustrated me in the past with a genteel attitude that our enemies do not deserve, they are simply the big name in 2nd Amendment advocacy and will always be the biggest target because of it. So I figure they deserve our support for that reason alone. Unless and until they start making "don't need an AK-47 for deer hunting" comments, I will remain a member.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
That really says it all Rick.

RickZ

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »

Res ipsa loquitor, so I shut my mouth.  (Yes, Pan, I can do that.)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 11:04:37 AM »

Res ipsa loquitor, so I shut my mouth.  (Yes, Pan, I can do that.)

Veritas vos liberabit.   ;)

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 12:10:04 PM »
I'm partial to in vino veritas myself, followed up by veritas vincit.

When I was in Scotia the one time for vacation I bought an Alexander Keith's India Pale t-shirt, a three button, no collar one, with 3/4 sleeves.  Cool t-shirt.  There was no pocket, but where one would have been was their motto, for want of a better word:  Veritas Vincit.  A classy beer t-shirt.  Who'd'a thunk it?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 03:46:31 PM »
Certe!