Author Topic: Jew Without a Gun  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Jew Without a Gun
« on: December 26, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
This is a fantastic account of one family's harrowing escape from a theater surrounded by a mob during the LA Riots.

http://www.seraphicpress.com/jew-without-a-gun/

It's really too long to re-post here, but do check out the link.  The author re-posted it on his site in light of the recent renewed attacks on the 2nd Amendment, hoping his account of what his family experienced in 1992 would remind people of why the right to bear arms is fundamental to self-defense and how the police cannot be depended upon to do everything for you.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

Re: Jew Without a Gun
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »

"Hey, Los Angeles is Just Like Fatah Land—Only More Fashionable"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
Nowhere, yup, that's where the police like to be when crap starts hitting the fan.  Nowhere must be crowded on those days with blue uni's.

I like the wife.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »

Would that we were so blessed.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »

"I, myself, remained on the balcony and fired at the confused and embarrassed Germans with my Mauser. From my balcony, I could see them in all their helplessness and their loss of control. The air was full of wails and shouts. Many of them tried to run to the walls of the houses for cover but everything was barred and beyond that, death was pursuing them. In the noise, the fluster, and the cries of the wounded, we heard the astonished outcry of one of the Germans: 'Juden haben waffen! Juden haben waffen!' ('The Jews have arms!') . . .

The battle lasted for about a half an hour. The Germans withdrew and there were many corpses and wounded in the street." -- Recollection of the opening engagement on 19 April 1943 of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising by Haim Frymer, Jewish Fighting Organization, quoted in Resistance by Israel Gutman, New York, 1994, pp. 206-207.

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-The-Warsaw-Ghetto-Uprising/dp/0395901308

Interesting account of behavior during that stressful period, not nearly as romantic as the Nazi cries of "Juden haben waffen".

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66037
It was also in 1942 that the ZOB [Warsaw resistance] was established...We came to them [neighbors] and asked them nicely. Once, twice, three times. If they wanted [to give monetary aid], they gave. If they didn't want, they gave anyway."

What do you mean? 
...there was no choice. We explained to them that they were all going to die, that their gold would go to the Nazis. They didn't want to understand. What else could we do?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
...didn't want to understand...

I think we are seeing that replay today in this nation...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.