Author Topic: Democrats Announce Plans to Go After Handguns  (Read 14727 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Democrats Announce Plans to Go After Handguns
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »

The second thing I see, is by specifically going after certain firearms, they are hoping to polarize the firearms community, this worked in Canada, when, they went after things like AR's, the owner of a 30 30 Winchester, couldn't care less about your rifle in lots of cases, as long as they leave his alone.  They then started funding assistance, to various provincial hunting/shooting organizations, to 'train' people.. they then made it clear that the funding would stop, if they got to uppity..  as a result, our collective voice was sold, like a $20.00 hooker.

United we stand...divided we fall. I have little to no interest in the high capacity military rounds. Yet i know the above statement by Robin is so very true.  The gun-grabbers do not stop. They cannot be sated. You cannot feed your leg to the lion today, for he will return hungry again tomorrow, until he has fully eaten you. Then he will go after the next meal.....or in this case right or freedom.  We must not give a single inch.

The truth is these people created the gun-free hunting zones that are favored by crazies, terrorists, and criminals.  Liberals deserve ALL the credit for these deaths created by their policies.

Hi CHF!

The one bright spot in all of this madness is that dhimmicrats have a bad habit of overreach. They just can't help themselves. It's especially true with respect to gun control. Had they approached it like they have education, the environment, and public-sector unions (using incrementalism) we would be in the same boat as Great Briton today. But they always try too hard and reach too far.

They are doing so now and it because of this overreach that I believe their gambit will fail.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 06:57:35 PM »

Senator Reacharound will extend his hand across the isle and they will come in magnanimous compromise to an agreement which will cede only 1/2 of our remaining rights. 

They've already got one hand in your pocket and eyes on your email; why on earth would they stop?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »
Thinking that ugly political realities would prevent absurd overreach got us obamacare.

Politics is broken. We can no longer live with the illusion that unpopular Leftist agenda items will be back-burnered for political reasons.

A GOP house gives me zero comfort.

Literally, zero.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
Exactly. I feel incredibly ill at ease right now. I am honestly expecting another "event" to occur. They're going to get their legislation one way or another.

This bill from Feinswine strikes me as textbook haggling. Come in with a ridiculous offer, giving yourself room for a great "compromise" that still gets you 75% of it. Then the GOP will congratulate itself for removing a few token items from it.

Weisshaupt often mentions "bleeding out in the driveway", and I can't shake that thought from my head. I think they're really about to make the play they've been wanting for decades. Don't they almost have to? The mathematical reality of the economic situation means they are at risk of being defanged once the world laughs at the thought of being paid in US dollars or treasury notes. They have to cross the finish line somehow or another, before that mathematical reality smacks them down.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
Thinking that ugly political realities would prevent absurd overreach got us obamacare.

Politics is broken. We can no longer live with the illusion that unpopular Leftist agenda items will be back-burnered for political reasons.

Literally, zero.

The ONLY option I see is prepare.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »
There is ONLY one solution: We must daily, in every forum, speak of the deaths that liberalism has caused in Connecticut. These kids and many others have died BECAUSE of gun-free zones. That is an invention of liberals. They need to not only have the credit, they need to constantly absorb the blame. Liberalism KILLS.  Gun-free zones multiply deaths and attract crazies and criminals and those who seek fame but will accept infamy.  We must not allow them to hang THEIR sins around OUR necks. They own this. Make it known far and wide.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »
I am a hopeless optimist.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »

Literally, zero.

Yep.

Made a trip to the outdoor range today.  I'm damn good with the carry .38, but I can effortlessly kill yer ass with the Kimber.  By the time I got to the M1 Carbine, the blood had drained out of my trigger finger again (Raynaud's Syndrome) and I was done after I hit the bullseye on a half-magazine at 50 yards.

Upper right pic.

*sigh*  I am NOT gonna be much good in an outside firefight in the cold.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »
Gunsmith will just have to find you some heated triggers   ::doh::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
Maybe keep a hand warmer in your pocket? Or in your gloves, with an enlarged trigger guard.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 10:48:13 PM »
Maybe keep a hand warmer in your pocket? Or in your gloves, with an enlarged trigger guard.

Do they bend?  The gloves I use are just fine with regular trigger guards; I just need to be able to slide a bendy hand warmer in 'em, if they exist.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 12:03:11 AM »
Jeepers Pan, I've never seen anything like the pics in your post. Does that hurt, or is it numb?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »
Jeepers Pan, I've never seen anything like the pics in your post. Does that hurt, or is it numb?

Numb first, then pain.  Not the tingly, blood coming back into circulation pain, another kind of pain.  Doesn't do to let them get blue; tissue dies off.

When numb, better trigger control (and that says very little about my shooting skills); once the pain set in, couldn't squeeze the trigger anymore.  Then, warm up -- THAAAT'S when the tingly pain sets in.

Pain in the ASS.  (Hand).  I can stimulate circulation by firmly stroking arm from elbow down to hand, literally pushing the blood in/down.  Takes a few minutes, though.  And is then offset by the cold.

My father had it too.  He thought it was because he'd broken his fingers so many times -- auto/truck mechanic all his life.  Evidently not, although the link said nothing about heredity.

But! I found these .....

Sending link to Gunsmith.  My birthday is next month.  And I'm going to be 59.  And everyday, I feel it more and more.  At 39, I had more relative muscle-mass than most men do at 50.  Or most of them at 39, for that matter.  I don't know what happened (well, yes I do), but I don't like it.

My prayer:  Please God, if it is Your Will that we have to stand up for Your Way, give me strength.

I'll be getting some, to see if they work.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:49:17 AM by Pandora »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
Jeepers Pan, I've never seen anything like the pics in your post.

Me, either. I don't know about painful, but it sure doesn't look healthy.

According to the link, there's not a whole lot that can be done as far as prevention/cure. Hope it doesn't increase in severity, Pan. ::praying::

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

According to the link, there's not a whole lot that can be done as far as prevention/cure. Hope it doesn't increase in severity, Pan. ::praying::

Hasn't so far, and it's just from the cold, so I'm really okay.

/Don't mind me, just feeling a bit melancholy about the birthday.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »

Literally, zero.

Anybody voting for the Feinswine bill is a traitor, period.  Most are probably already on The List anyway, but whatever.  And given the state of the the GOP and the fecklessness of the Roberts Court, I find no satisfaction in anything beyond our control.

Prepare, yes.

We should begin acting and drilling like militia.  We are the last guardians of freedom and liberty.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »

A birthday is an affliction we all suffer from, may yours be an occasion for blessings.   ::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
If one complains about a birthday, then I'm reminded of what W.C. Fields wanted as an epitaph on his tombstone:  "Here lies W. C. Fields. I would rather be living in Philadelphia."*  Birthdays or the alternative?  Hmmm.  Tough choice.

* Fields constantly mocked and belittled Philadelphia, the city in which he was born.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 01:39:14 PM »

Damn. I missed it. Happy Birthday!!

You could do like me and ignore them. ::oldman::

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »
You didn't miss anything, it hasn't happened yet, but, thank you, Alan.

I'd ignore 'em if they'd ignore me .......