Author Topic: Gun Store Owner: Hey teachers, you get a discount!  (Read 1846 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Gun Store Owner: Hey teachers, you get a discount!
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
The most sane gun proposal I've seen since last Friday.

Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount

An Austin-area gun store owner is joining the gun rights debate with a controversial offer for teachers in light of the tragic shooting in Connecticut.

Crocket Keller of Kellers Riverside Gun Store says if educators want to get a concealed handgun license, he’ll give them a discount.

“As we do with veterans, I would offer them a discount. Our normal rate is $110.00, so I would give them a rate of $90.00,” said Keller to KRLD. “If they are teachers, we would be more than happy to do that.”

Keller’s offer comes as a debate wages over whether or not educators should be allowed to be armed on school grounds. He believes they should.

“We need to start thinking out of the box and deal with this violent culture,” said Keller. “We need to lobby our various state governments to allow teachers to be armed.”

But not everyone is on board with Keller’s controversial ideas or his offer to teachers.

“I knew this would come up at some point, there would be people who think the answer is to put guns on campus. Frankly I think it’s absurd,” says Gayle Fallon with the American Federation of Teachers. “In a lot of cases, the perpetrator is a kid. Look at Columbine, it was a 14-year-old kid. You tell me a teacher is going to look in the eyes of a 14-year-old and pull the trigger — it’s not in their emotional make up.”

Fallon believes the answer lies in having more police officers on campus and tightening restrictions on guns. But Keller wants none of that.

“Our personal safety is our responsibility, unfortunately the police and the military cannot be everywhere,” said Keller. “When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Gun Store Owner: Hey teachers, you get a discount!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »

"You tell me a teacher is going to look in the eyes of a 14-year-old and pull the trigger — it’s not in their emotional make up"

a 14 year old with a weapon mowing down students is not just another 14 year old--a properly trained person isn't going to look into the eyes of a 14 year old killer and think ahhh, he's just a kid, I guess I won't shoot.  This person doesn't want anyone thinking a teacher would shoot...

"Fallon believes the answer lies in having more police officers on campus"

and what does this person think the cops would do? NOT shoot?

::bashing:: ::bashing:: ::bashing::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »
If teachers are as protective of thier class as led to believe, then one would think a peg legged, one armed senior citizen, if shooting students, would be mowed down by an armed teacher.

I know why the statement was made.....libs are emotion driven, think on an emotional level and are never rational thinkers. The answer? Libs, make believe the gun is a syringe. Make believe that 14 year old is nothing more than a fetus. Pull the "syringe". ::rockets::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »
They're also classic projectors. Because they are emotional, indecisive, and weak, well that obviously means everyone else is too.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »

"You tell me a teacher is going to look in the eyes of a 14-year-old and pull the trigger — it’s not in their emotional make up"

a 14 year old with a weapon mowing down students is not just another 14 year old--a properly trained person isn't going to look into the eyes of a 14 year old killer and think ahhh, he's just a kid, I guess I won't shoot.  This person doesn't want anyone thinking a teacher would shoot...

"Fallon believes the answer lies in having more police officers on campus"

and what does this person think the cops would do? NOT shoot?

::bashing:: ::bashing:: ::bashing::

Yah, she lives in lalaland.  Seeing the brains, blood and guts squirting out of a six year old -- or a sixty year old for that matter -- and a trained shooter damn well WILL shoot the murderer.

On another note; we're discussing setting up a fund, locally, for any teacher that wants to get his/her CCP.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
I like the idea. It is a way to get in front of the controversy and stake our own claim to the narrative.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 06:00:32 PM »
I like the idea. It is a way to get in front of the controversy and stake our own claim to the narrative.

I've decided this is definitely the way to go forward from now on:  tell them NO (whatever it is), then push right past them and go on the offensive with our OWN narrative.

On this issue, I think (hope) they screwed up mightily by shrieking about gun nuts/extremists and the need for YET more gun laws so soon, as though 20,000 and 1 is gonna fix anything, all but dancing in the blood of children, and the rapid countering of their crap with "ARM THE TEACHERS" is beginning to gain traction.

Offense, y'all.  Added benefit, it makes their heads 'splode.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »
"Arm The Teachers" is concise and directly addresses the real problem. I like the message.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »

"Arm The Teachers", if we only had story tellers and a congress with a spine.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 06:37:22 AM »

I've decided this is definitely the way to go forward from now on:  tell them NO (whatever it is), then push right past them and go on the offensive with our OWN narrative.

On this issue, I think (hope) they screwed up mightily by shrieking about gun nuts/extremists and the need for YET more gun laws so soon, as though 20,000 and 1 is gonna fix anything, all but dancing in the blood of children, and the rapid countering of their crap with "ARM THE TEACHERS" is beginning to gain traction.

Offense, y'all.  Added benefit, it makes their heads 'splode.

Amen, Sister!   ::whoohoo::

ETA - The anti-gun people got people acting proactively!
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/cbi-deals-with-massive-influx-of-potential-gun-buyers/

Except for the NRA, which has gone into a shell.  But the MFM not surprisingly likes to characterize this as a win for the anti-gun crowd, what isn't widely reported is how these leftist asshats shut down their sites with their shrill invectives, so that part of the "laying low" strategy I do not have a problem with, but remaining silent on this debate?  That is unconscionable!

http://now.msn.com/nra-unpublishes-facebook-page-and-stops-tweeting-after-sandy-hook-massacre
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:47:43 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
 ::newyear:: woo hoo!!!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
Hope they're mostly conservative folks.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.