Author Topic: Boehner to resign tonight?  (Read 4782 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Boehner to resign tonight?
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »
Rumor is that John Boehner will resign tonight as Speaker of the House, as well he should. Explains the split vote between he and Cantor.  Not enough GOP voted for the bill to give him a majority of the vote, which means he could lose if a serious challenger arises.  Please God hear our prayers! It would sure make sense for him to resign. The question is, can we trust Cantor?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Boehner to resign tonight?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:02:36 PM »
Not in my opinion we can't.  And we sure as sht can't trust Ryan any more either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
It's too late.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
Weisshaupt is right, it's time to just let this whole thing burn down. Let's rope-a-dope the Left. It'll play right into their natural and arrogant tendency to overreach. We need to give them the encouragement to make their move prematurely and overtly.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »
Agreed.  We must think like revolutionaries now and focus on the endgame, we need to be sappers and ready for the day when we can pounce for maximum effort.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »

Weisshaupt is right but I'm invested and I want Boener&Co to suffer the same fate as those who were kicked off committees.  Those who lost position because they were principled persons should also be redeemed.

If the nation goes down it is all the more important to know the principled from the unprincipled.  []start separating the wheat from the chaff right now[]

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 06:48:11 PM »

[]start separating the wheat from the chaff right now[]

It's really hard to separate sh1t from feces.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:17 PM »
Well, The Great Carrot was re-elected Speaker.  Quelle surprise!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
The Stupid Party doubles down on stupid. Color me shocked.

::guillotine::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
There were a few GOP Congressmen who voted against him, but not enough. Shame on them all.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/01/03/who-voted-against-boehner-for-speaker-and-why/
For Allen West:

Rep. Louie Gohmert (Texas) votes for ex-Rep. Allen West, who now has 2 votes
Rep. Paul Broun (Ga) votes for outgoing Rep. Allen West (Fla) for Speaker.

Twelve Republicans voted against John Boehner...

For:
Rep. Raul Labrador (1)
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) — libertarian ally of former congressman Ron Paul (R-Tex.), recently stripped of committee assignments by House GOP leadership

Amash (1)
Rep. Tom Massie (R-Ky.) — freshman conservative, favorite of the Club for Growth

Not voting (3)
Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) — conservative, frequent critic of Boehner

Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.) — critic of Boehner’s “Plan B” maneuver on the “fiscal cliff”

Boehner — speaker traditionally does not vote for himself or herself

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/03/john-boehner-speaker-republicans-congress-live

1h 55m ago
House Speaker vote: Boehner 220, Pelosi 192, Other 15

The cut-off was 217 and in the end John Boehner only got there thanks to some of the GOP headbangers and arch-conservatives, such as  Michele Bachmann , who had earlier passed on voting and then switched to voting for Boehner.

2h 7m ago
John Boehner is re-elected as speaker

That's it, John Boehner has been re-elected as Speaker for the 113th Congress, a poisoned chalice if ever there was one. We already knew that the GOP caucus was divided. We now know that he nearly got forced to a second ballot, and that there is a small pool of haters in there.

There was another vote against Boehner, and he got to 216, meaning that the clerk returned to the members who hadn't voted, and Boehner got one of those – , from Marsha Blackburn – to get over the top to 217.

It was close and Boehner didn't avoid a second ballot by much. What would have happened then is anyone's guess, but the vote showed that more than a few of Boehner's critics are all mouth and no trousers.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »
Over and over and over; the same thing keeps happening.  A chance for something better, only to amount to naught in the end.

It's starting to feel to me as though we're being punished the way we're given something for which to hope and then to see those hopes dashed as the bad continues to win out.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

TeachX3

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
Anybody know if he cried?

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
Anybody know if he cried?

Yes, I do and he did.

BTW, Obviously I am not a prophet, because I sure thought he was done for and I was wrong....again.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »
He is done for.  It just isn't going to happen until next year, in a historical House defeat for Republicans.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »
He is done for.  It just isn't going to happen until next year, in a historical House defeat for Republicans.

Yup. It will be hailed as the affirmation of Leftist politics, when in fact, it is hopelessness that the GOP will ever mount an effective resistance to Leftism or champion conservative principles.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »

He was re-elected last time and considering how the majority perceives politics in this country and his state there is no reason, other than a conservative's desire, to think he will not be re-elected again.  Sorry, Hawk.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
Like a dog eating its own vomit.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 11:43:48 PM »

Yup. It will be hailed as the affirmation of Leftist politics, when in fact, it is hopelessness that the GOP will ever mount an effective resistance to Leftism or champion conservative principles.

Yupyup, and goldammy these damn people who keep drawing precisely the WRONG lessons from events.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 06:51:30 AM »

[]start separating the wheat from the chaff right now[]

It's really hard to separate sh1t from feces.

Apparently the GOP caucus really can't tell either...not that it matters...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.