Author Topic: DHS buying more hollow points...  (Read 10833 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: DHS buying more hollow points...
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 09:46:25 PM »
I guess then the pertinent question is, if we look at the preceding 10 years would we find it being ordered in similar quantities? I honestly do not know the answer to that, but considering it would have covered the Bush years I'm pretty sure the leftist MFM would have been sh*tting bricks over it at the time. As far as I am concerned, most of the controversy swirling around this stems from it being such a sharp spike (allegedly) in procurement.

"Black helicopters" was also a pejorative until, well, they started showing up in major downtown areas firing blanks from their machine guns. They'll have to excuse me if I'm fresh out of benefit-of-the-doubt when the Feral government is involved.

Something to Shoot

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 06:59:48 AM »
So DHS only has 16, I am supposed to wipe my brow and express relief?   ::saywhat::

Yeah, ahh, no.

Plus, as seen with SkyNet taps on citizens without a warrant and drones and everything, they are already conditioning people to accept more Big Brother actions, so who is to say those 2700 other armored vehicels (and God knows what else) is NOT going to be used on civilians, ever?!

::saywhat::

Nothing has changed, the government that does not trust me is still asking me to trust it.

Fat chance.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:48 AM »
It is not within the government's purview to trust us or not trust us.  Not to pick on you, Libertas, but every time I read that, it causes my BP to rise.  Government's "trust" in the people smacks of paternalism, and neither government nor the people who run it is our Daddy.

We, however, have every right, duty and authority to mistrust the government as a master who suspects his servant has gone rogue.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »
That is an excellent point, and I am guilty of being oblivious to it at times. It's kind of like how it annoys me when I see "the United States" referred to in the singular, when it should be a plural and in fact always was referred to in the plural by the early generations. Yet it's now so overwhelmingly prevalent to say "the US is" that I find myself doing it merely to be conversant.

But to Pandora's point, and it is an excellent one, we as a society somewhere along the way have allowed the government to get away with the idea that its authority preexists ours. It's an important distinction logically and we need to hammer it home at every opportunity: we exist firstly, and all sovereignty is ours. What sovereignty we choose to loan to the State is our prerogative, not the State's.

Language really is that important. A big part of why the Left has been so successful in the Culture War comes down to nothing more complicated than them taking over the meaning of words and phrases. Next thing you know even the opposition is having to argue from the Left's faulty premise, and at that point the Left has by default already won whatever is being argued. This is why as just a small example I think we should stop flattering the authoritarian conceits of these useless, sinecured bureaucrats with terms like "officials" and "authorities". Start calling them "public servants".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »
Of course Pan, I was being a smartass (as usual) and merely illustrate the insane logic the Left is trying to get us to swallow.  Maybe their minions buy that BS coming and going, I (We) do not.  Sorry if I amped your BP, frankly I am surprised all of us haven't had massive coronaries at the same time, these asshats sure are trying to trigger them!

It's basically the same with that libiot who was trying to press the argument that her discomfort with someone lawfully carrying a gun trumps the constitutionally guarantee to do so, even though there is ZERO constitutional protection for someone to not feel uncomfortable over any damned thing!

People today are so fracking ignorant or flat-out stupid. . .I just want to bulldoze them all the Hell out of my country!  The deserve neither freedom or liberty, and I sure as Hell don't give a damn about their life!  By attacking out very Founding essence they have declared themselves to be terrorists against freedom and liberty, they are to be shunned and expelled, period!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »
Of course Pan, I was being a smartass (as usual) and merely illustrate the insane logic the Left is trying to get us to swallow.  Maybe their minions buy that BS coming and going, I (We) do not.  Sorry if I amped your BP, frankly I am surprised all of us haven't had massive coronaries at the same time, these asshats sure are trying to trigger them!

It's basically the same with that libiot who was trying to press the argument that her discomfort with someone lawfully carrying a gun trumps the constitutionally guarantee to do so, even though there is ZERO constitutional protection for someone to not feel uncomfortable over any damned thing!

People today are so fracking ignorant or flat-out stupid. . .I just want to bulldoze them all the Hell out of my country!  The deserve neither freedom or liberty, and I sure as Hell don't give a damn about their life!  By attacking out very Founding essence they have declared themselves to be terrorists against freedom and liberty, they are to be shunned and expelled, period!

Ah.  I see I should have known that.   ;D
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 11:42:34 AM »

Ah.  I see I should have known that.   ;D

;) 

Offline Janny

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »
So DHS only has 16, I am supposed to wipe my brow and express relief?   ::saywhat::

Yeah, ahh, no.

Plus, as seen with SkyNet taps on citizens without a warrant and drones and everything, they are already conditioning people to accept more Big Brother actions, so who is to say those 2700 other armored vehicels (and God knows what else) is NOT going to be used on civilians, ever?!

Nothing has changed, the government that does not trust me is still asking me to trust it.

Fat chance.

Maybe because the others are for the marines?

You choose what to worry about, but I think it hurts the credibility of all conservatives when stuff that turns out to be FALSE goes viral and spreads all over the Internet. It just gives the left an excuse to paint us all as paranoid lunatics, a la Alex Jones/Prison Planet.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »

Yeah, ahh, no.

Fat chance.

Maybe because the others are for the marines?

Right.  A few went to DHS, about 17 IIRC, the rest to the marines ... on American soil.

You choose what to worry about, but I think it hurts the credibility of all conservatives when stuff that turns out to be FALSE goes viral and spreads all over the Internet. It just gives the left an excuse to paint us all as paranoid lunatics, a la Alex Jones/Prison Planet.

Becaaaauuuuuse they need a real reason, much less any excuse, even if they have to make. sht. up?

Offline Janny

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
Where did you get the information that the rest will be on American soil?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »

What information do you have that they're going elsewhere?

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:12 PM »
That is an excellent point, and I am guilty of being oblivious to it at times. It's kind of like how it annoys me when I see "the United States" referred to in the singular, when it should be a plural and in fact always was referred to in the plural by the early generations. Yet it's now so overwhelmingly prevalent to say "the US is" that I find myself doing it merely to be conversant.

But to Pandora's point, and it is an excellent one, we as a society somewhere along the way have allowed the government to get away with the idea that its authority preexists ours. It's an important distinction logically and we need to hammer it home at every opportunity: we exist firstly, and all sovereignty is ours. What sovereignty we choose to loan to the State is our prerogative, not the State's.

Language really is that important. A big part of why the Left has been so successful in the Culture War comes down to nothing more complicated than them taking over the meaning of words and phrases. Next thing you know even the opposition is having to argue from the Left's faulty premise, and at that point the Left has by default already won whatever is being argued. This is why as just a small example I think we should stop flattering the authoritarian conceits of these useless, sinecured bureaucrats with terms like "officials" and "authorities". Start calling them "public servants

Glock, I'm a pretty simple guy but your comment just knocked me over with its profundity. Especially the bold parts.

Thank you for saying that

Offline Janny

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »

What information do you have that they're going elsewhere?

Navistar says that they are military vehicles for military use, for waging war?

Hello?

They are not being "purchased." They are coming back from war zones, i.e. Iraq and Afghanistan, etc. and they are being retrofitted as in "rehabbed." They are part of 32,000 vehicles for this purpose that have been contracted by Navistar.

What reason do you have to believe that the rest will all be staying in the U.S.? I guess I'm just supposed to do like you are, and assume the United States Marine Corps is going to wage war on us?

I'm also trying to understand why I'm supposed to be just as outraged about 16 MRAPS being under the control of the DHS as I was about 2717 of them.  Did I not get the "what conservatives are supposed to be hysterical about today" memo?

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 11:16:28 PM »

I think the fact they they have started to redact information on such purchases  is all of the proof we need that they aren't going abroad. Just as the we know that local police are getting armored vehicles and drones.  Just as we know Borat is using the sequester to cut Military spending, but isn't touching DHS. Then there are the confirmed FEMA purchases of coffins and Mobile Bulletproof checkpoints.  The Police stops to hand out pamplets. The Immigration checkpoints being set up 100s of miles from any border. Just as we know this regime has boldly stated that it may kill Americans on American soil without trial at will - at obvious odds with the Bill of Rights. Simply making that statement should be enough to support a charge of treason.

They are preparing to come for the "Bitter Clingers"  - because PROGRESSIVES ALWAYS MASS MURDER THEIR FELLOW CITIZENS  

I recently got into an discussion  with a guy over if Obama is destroying the economy because he wants to attempt a Marxist Coup, or if he just wants to punish and kill white Americans. (no I don't know the answer) - the idea that is isn't deliberate didn't even come up.

He was part of a group of people I see every year or so-- and how the attitude has changed. 4 Years ago it was "boy that Weisshaupt Character is extreme!"  -  Now its how many bullets, guns  and gold got dropped in the river in the boating accident.  

Progressives use whatever nasty bits of power and corruption they can accumulate. If it's a little, they smear you. If it's a lot, they kill you. DO. NOT. DOUBT. ME. - The Gunslinger

They have a lot of power now. They are accumulating more. I hoped I was wrong. I hoped everyone would be laughing by now at the big bag of beans and the money I spent.
NO. ONE. I. KNOW. IS.  LAUGHING.  

They are all getting guns, and taking concealed carry classes, and asking me where to buy dried  food and where to invest their recently cashed out 401k.  The Endgame is coming. The question is when, not if.  The question is how far are they willing to go down the path of mass murder and genocide  and what methods will they use , not if they are willing to go there. Limbaugh likes to say he will tell us when its time to panic.  Well, gun sales indicate that time has arrived, people are panicked, or are at least convinced enough of the severity of the incoming storm that they are "emptying the grocery store shelves" of the needed supplies.  

The warnings of Nukes from North Korea,  the Threats from Iran,  the strong arming from China means that our enemies smell the blood in the water. Every day we get a new piece of news in the   long train of abuses and usurpations and proves that they are  pursuing invariably the same Object and evinces a design to reduce us  under absolute Despotism. Accurate information about what they are doing is going to become ever harder to come by.

THIS. IS. COMING. AND. PROBABLY. COMING. SOON.  Maybe this year. Maybe in 3 or 4. If they can keep this charade of an economy intact we may even see a third term for Borat.  Or it will be a new leftist douchebag. When you cheat at the elections  and let foreigners  whose crimes you forgave vote  a legitimate election isn't going to happen.  But this can't go on forever. The rest of the world, including China and Russia will end it as soon as they think they can benefit. There is no way we have as long as 10 years.  And hopefully I am wrong and people will be laughing at me by then. But I doubt it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:22:48 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Janny

Offline Janny

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:15 PM »

I think the fact they they have started to redact information on such purchases  is all of the proof we need that they aren't going abroad. Just as the we know that local police are getting armored vehicles and drones.  Just as we know Borat is using the sequester to cut Military spending, but isn't touching DHS. Then there are the confirmed FEMA purchases of coffins and Mobile Bulletproof checkpoints.  The Police stops to hand out pamplets. The Immigration checkpoints being set up 100s of miles from any border. Just as we know this regime has boldly stated that it may kill Americans on American soil without trial at will - at obvious odds with the Bill of Rights. Simply making that statement should be enough to support a charge of treason.

They are preparing to come for the "Bitter Clingers"  - because PROGRESSIVES ALWAYS MASS MURDER THEIR FELLOW CITIZENS  

I recently got into an discussion  with a guy over if Obama is destroying the economy because he wants to attempt a Marxist Coup, or if he just wants to punish and kill white Americans. (no I don't know the answer) - the idea that is isn't deliberate didn't even come up.

He was part of a group of people I see every year or so-- and how the attitude has changed. 4 Years ago it was "boy that Weisshaupt Character is extreme!"  -  Now its how many bullets, guns  and gold got dropped in the river in the boating accident.  

Progressives use whatever nasty bits of power and corruption they can accumulate. If it's a little, they smear you. If it's a lot, they kill you. DO. NOT. DOUBT. ME. - The Gunslinger

They have a lot of power now. They are accumulating more. I hoped I was wrong. I hoped everyone would be laughing by now at the big bag of beans and the money I spent.
NO. ONE. I. KNOW. IS.  LAUGHING.  

They are all getting guns, and taking concealed carry classes, and asking me where to buy dried  food and where to invest their recently cashed out 401k.  The Endgame is coming. The question is when, not if.  The question is how far are they willing to go down the path of mass murder and genocide  and what methods will they use , not if they are willing to go there. Limbaugh likes to say he will tell us when its time to panic.  Well, gun sales indicate that time has arrived, people are panicked, or are at least convinced enough of the severity of the incoming storm that they are "emptying the grocery store shelves" of the needed supplies.  

The warnings of Nukes from North Korea,  the Threats from Iran,  the strong arming from China means that our enemies smell the blood in the water. Every day we get a new piece of news in the   long train of abuses and usurpations and proves that they are  pursuing invariably the same Object and evinces a design to reduce us  under absolute Despotism.

THIS. IS. COMING. AND. PROBABLY. COMING. SOON.  Maybe this year. Maybe in 3 or 4. If they can keep this charade of an economy intact we may even see a third term for Borat.  Or it will be a new leftist douchebag. When you cheat at the elections  and let foreigners  whose crimes you forgave vote  a legitimate election isn't going to happen.  But this can't go on forever. The rest of the world, including China and Russia will end it as soon as they think they can benefit. There is no way we have as long as 10 years.  And hopefully people will be laughing at me by then. But I doubt it.

This is not a "purchase." You don't even have an effing CLUE what you're talking about.

::bsmeter::

This place has apparently turned into Prison Planet while I was gone.

Nice to see you all again.

Bye bye!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 11:35:14 PM »

Wow.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 11:51:29 PM »
This is not a "purchase." You don't even have an effing CLUE what you're talking about.

In this particular case?  Reassignment.  Perfectly innocuous decommissioning? Whatever.  Eventually when the room fills with smoke, you conclude there is a fire.  Arguing over if this bit of smoke really came from the burning building or from someone's lit cigarette is irrelevant.   The volume of smoke we are seeing can't just be from the cigarettes .. Its not like the case for there being a fire  hinges on this one little story.

As I said, accurate information is going to be come ever harder to obtain given this regimes penchant for being corrupt, running guns, and deliberate plans to hurt the american people as much as possible with the sequester.   They don't like transparency. They don't like Americans. They don't like Bitter-clingers. They don't like an armed populace.   That much is very evident.  

This place has apparently turned into Prison Planet while I was gone.  

No, I have been this way for a long time. Sadly, the world is just living up to the expectations of the tin foil hats at the moment.  Not everyone here is "like me" - but a significant number of us are seeing the large volume of smoke.
De Nile isn't just a River in Egypt.. but its soon going to become a dangerous game.  No one wants to believe it,  but the munitions purchases, govt actions, and  the  history of progressives in power  all point to the same place.   No one is saying that the Marines will be following orders to kill citizens.   However there is significant evidence they are being trained to be desensitized to that action.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 12:15:48 AM »
WH, we're apparantly delusional and paranoid.
But, I always heard that's it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

For the longest time I usually looked for a rational explanation for the conspiracy theories.
Now, these same theories are the rational explanation.

You can be an ostrich and stick your head in the ground but your ass is sticking right out there to get blown off

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
I can understand why people will refuse until the bitter end to see what is before their eyes. German citizens lived within smelling distance of concentration camps, and refused to acknowledge the evil done in their name. The human proclivity for wishing for normalcy in the presence of evil is a trait of the species. When the truth is more than your mind wishes to bear, some will ignore the truth, and lash out at those who tell it.

I would ask, what evidence does anyone have that Barack Hussein Obama has a moral limit to the power he would wield in the pursuit of a Socialist America? If he believed he had unfettered power, what would he NOT do?

The answer to that, taken in context with the widely acknowledged expansion of his claim to power, and his outright willingness to openly proclaim his intent to circumvent the legislative process and rule by regulatory and executive fiat, is the very next thing to consider. Compound that with his open disdain for the country as founded; his open disdain for Americans who value traditional America; his coddling of our enemies and shunning of allies; his willingness to cynically pit Americans against one another on whatever wedge he can find; constantly picking the scabs of racial wounds; his myriad attacks on civil liberties.

Then ask me why I get riled up when the Department of Homeland Security - a law enforcement arm that did not exist a decade ago - is creating a domestic army paralleling our military and police forces. Ask me why I object to helicopters flying over Miami and Houston firing blanks over the heads of uninformed and unprepared citizens. Ask me why I find it alarming that National Guard troops are running unannounced "exercises" in the streets of small towns without informing the citizens in whose streets they march with weapons in hand.

Now they want to take our firearms?

I understand your refusal to see what is before your face Janny.

But f**k you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:45:38 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson