Author Topic: Ammo shortage.  (Read 1333 times)

Offline robins111

Ammo shortage.
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:52:09 AM »
I'm not sure if this is possible, but at this time, the ammo shortage isn't really in effect in Canada.  As Canadians, we can import 5,000 rounds at a time from the US, although most people don't bother, because its cheaper here.  Some however do get, specialty ammo that's not readily available in Canada.  It may be worth investigating to see how much you can take back, if you made a trip up here. 

If you come up, try the poutine, .......   Just a suggestion.. 

one last point, there's very little HP pistol ammo available, but scads of rifle stuff.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Ammo shortage.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »
Yeah the HP pistol ammo is scarce because the US Department of Fatherland Security has been buying it all up. They just added another 200,000 to the 1.6 billion they bought over the summer.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 02:35:44 PM »
Load up, eh.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 06:16:36 PM »
I'm light on .30-06

Probably need to bolster my .40SW, too.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »
I'm not aware of any Canadian laws that stop Americans from buying ammo here, we have thousands of hunters every year who stock up before heading into the bush...the only thing I wonder about is you guys crossing back into the states.   PS, I do know, that a lot of suppliers won't mail ammo south.. don't know the reasons..

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »
I'm not aware of any Canadian laws that stop Americans from buying ammo here, we have thousands of hunters every year who stock up before heading into the bush...the only thing I wonder about is you guys crossing back into the states.   PS, I do know, that a lot of suppliers won't mail ammo south.. don't know the reasons..

Once Steven Wright was crossing the Canadian Border and he was stopped by the border agents.  They asked him " Do you have any guns or drugs in the car?" Steven Wright looked at him a second and then said "Why, what do you need? "

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »

Once Steven Wright was crossing the Canadian Border and he was stopped by the border agents.  They asked him " Do you have any guns or drugs in the car?" Steven Wright looked at him a second and then said "Why, what do you need? "

That dude's crispy. ::hysterical:: Haven't heard him in years.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
I'm light on .30-06

Probably need to bolster my .40SW, too.

Haven't been able to buy .40 or .9mm since Newtown happened.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:32 PM »
Went to my local gun store. Bought a brick of Remington 22LR, two boxes of .223FMJ and a box of .40SW FMJ. Cost me nearly a hundred bucks.

They had a single "assault weapon" for sale...a very crappy looking AK47. Price: $1399 Absolutely ridiculous.

That said, they also had an absolute deal on a S&W full size 40SW complete with a pair of fifteen round mags. It was brand new at $349.00 I couldn't believe it. If I didn't already own a S&W 40 cal Sigma I would have filled out the paperwork on it right then and there.

I was actually looking for a small concealed carry auto. I was hoping they would have the Ruger LCP in 380 with the built in laser site. They were out of it so I put my name down for one. They did have a very similar version made by Smith & Wesson but it was almost $400 so I passed on it until I heard back on the Ruger. I'm thinking that the Ruger will come in at around $325 or so. If it is within $20 of the S&W then I will probably just go ahead and get the Smith.

Anyway, they also had 30 round AR mags going for just under $40 and 20 round AR mags going for $30. A rip off but what are you going to do? I will probably go back in a few days and buy one or two.

BTW, they actually had limits on how much ammo you could buy. You couldn't buy any more than two boxes of .223 (so 40 rounds) and one brick of 22LR. I'm probably going to go back and buy more of that stuff, too.

I think this new world order really sucks.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 05:25:52 AM »
sgammo.com still has a few boxes of ammo. I didn't check the .40, but they have just about everything I'm looking for.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 06:43:05 AM »
sgammo.com still has a few boxes of ammo. I didn't check the .40, but they have just about everything I'm looking for.

I thought I cleaned them out?    ::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.