Author Topic: 7th Century Barbarians in Persia Hopefull of Policy Change with Hagel Nomination  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Of course they do; Hagel's not overly fond of Israel either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Like anybody in the Regime is...

How is that helping the Persians?  Not too much, but it hurts a one-time close ally more, and that is...intolerable.

charlesoakwood

Guess that makes him a shew in.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

Guess that makes him a shew in.

For this administration, yes.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yes, they'll be little more than token opposition and O'Bongo knows it...

It's why they often like raiding the Senate, they are less likely to go ape-sh*t over one of their own...

Cronyism, corruption, incompetence, stupidity, cowardice...these are all virtues in the US Senate...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I agree with the assertion Hoft is trying to make but given the history of the Senate, especially under DemoNazi rule and given the fecklessness of the GOP, I understandably do not share his optimism that this will kill his nomination.  And even if it did, the SCoaMF will nominate someone just as bad but without the attendant record to threaten them.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/hes-done-controversal-obama-pick-chuck-hagel-said-israel-was-becoming-apartheid-state-during-2010-speech/

We are living in dark times my friends.  Even when right is right, the end result is in doubt.

charlesoakwood

Force him to nominate a Democrat.  Hagel is right out of the nominate Republican Cohn playbook.  We know his Barney Fife's bona fides but when the NYTs runs with (R)Hagel with Obama it's credibility out the kazoo to the brain dead and to history.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Oh yeah, he'd go for a Dem, they're running out of Pubbies, and the next idiot will have as blank a resume as possible.