Author Topic: Most guys would like to be the QB of Alabama...  (Read 1021 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Most guys would like to be the QB of Alabama...
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/espn-announcers-go-gaga-over-alabamas-beauty-queen-girlfriend-during-title-game-wow/

;D

Oh, nice game huh?  Notre Dame, paper-tiger, next time get a top tier SEC team on your cheesy Independent schedule so the ranking can be accurate going into BCS selection time...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Most guys would like to be the QB of Alabama...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:12:05 PM »
In print Musberger's comments make him seem like a lecherous old fool. Hearing it in context I find nothing whatsoever offensive in his appreciation of her beauty or his observation of it as a male.

There was a time - a better time - when old men flirting innocently with young ladies was considered by those ladies to be cute, and expected. People need to get over the constant state of being personally offended. And to this girl's credit, I haven't seen her take offense. So far it's others being outraged on her behalf, in service of their own pettiness.

Johnny Carson could not exist in today's America. That's a crying shame.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »
I can't get too worked up about this, other than a little "heh" beings we Iowegians already hate Brent Musberger for past slights.

Especially on the day David Letterman admits he really wasn't sorry about fantasizing about the rape of a 14 year old child.  Don't take your eye off the real garbage in society.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:33:47 AM »
Both really good points!

When these paragons of virtue and class in the media say on the one hand they'd go down on Bill Clinton to keep abortion legal and then condemn Musberger for stating the obvious in a inoffensive way and the one is OK and the other onerous, that there tells you all you need to know!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.