Author Topic: Drudge plays Godwin card, hilarity ensues  (Read 1581 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Drudge plays Godwin card, hilarity ensues
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:03:44 PM »
Journalists react in shock to Drudge Report header featuring Hitler and Stalin

It's so easy to send the Simian-America Community into an uproar.   ::cool::

::popcorn::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Drudge plays Godwin card, hilarity ensues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:08:55 PM »
"“Disgusting,” tweeted The Huffington Post’s Amanda Terkel retweeting a Teletubbies parody of the controversial headline tweeted by the @HuffPostHill account. The message read: “Drudge has crossed the line: pic.twitter.com/BYCn6MPE”

DRUDGE has crossed the line?! 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:46 PM »
And these were the same people who spent at least 6 of the 8 years Bush was in office comparing him to Der Führer on a daily basis.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »
"“Why didn’t @Drudge just go all the way and put Obama’s photo between Adolph and Josef?” asked Michael Rosten, a social media editor for the New York Times."

Dunno, but .......

... I found this at the top of Gateway Pundit's main page.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 04:03:55 PM »
Well you knew Infowars would have no qualms about "going there":

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:28:59 PM »
From where I sit, it's time to have this conversation out in the open without shame.

For 8 f**king years we sat by while George W. Bush allowed himself to be unjustly accused of Hitlerian aspirations. They wailed and gnashed their teeth like demons possessed.

Now we have a would-be dictator who obviously disdains the constitution he is sworn to uphold overtly proclaiming his intentions to overreach on issue after issue, and then following through on his intent.

Let the comparisons to genocidal totalitarian dictators commence, and let not your resolve be cowed by ridicule. There is more at stake now than ones standing in polite society.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
From where I sit, it's time to have this conversation out in the open without shame.

For 8 f**king years we sat by while George W. Bush allowed himself to be unjustly accused of Hitlerian aspirations. They wailed and gnashed their teeth like demons possessed.

Now we have a would-be dictator who obviously disdains the constitution he is sworn to uphold overtly proclaiming his intentions to overreach on issue after issue, and then following through on his intent.

Let the comparisons to genocidal totalitarian dictators commence, and let not your will be cowed by ridicule. There is more at stake now than ones standing in polite society.

In my experience the probability of Godwin's law being invoked in any internet discussion rises in proportion to the degree  a given behavior  or policy is proven in that discussion to be  empirically the same as that of the Nazi's.

If it weren't for double-standards, the left wouldn't have any standards. And we should remind them of that daily. If you don't like being compared to Nazi's, stop adopting and advocating their  positions and policies.  

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:57:33 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »

Let the comparisons to genocidal totalitarian dictators commence, and let not your will be cowed by ridicule. There is more at stake now than ones standing in polite society.

In my experience the probability of Godwin's law being invoked in any internet discussion rises in proportion to the degree  a given behavior  or policy is proven in that discussion to be  empirically the same as that of the Nazi's.

If it weren't for double-standards, the left wouldn't have any standards. And we should remind them of that daily. If you don't like being compared to Nazi's, stop adopting and advocating their  positions and policies.  

The truth hurts....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »

The truth hurts....

Fvckin'-A!!!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:27:07 AM »

This guy required registration, then confiscated all private firearms, before declaring himself President for Life.

Then amazingly, political opposition started looking a lot like this gentleman

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »
And multiply that scene millions of times...it is the Utopia the Left seeks with an unquenching desire they cannot control!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.