Author Topic: After lurking for "years"  (Read 18454 times)

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
After lurking for "years"
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
I decided to step out into the light.  I guess I'm rather right wing being an NRA Patron, a veteran (makes me an oath taker since I've never been relieved), and just don't appreciate the anointed wanting to mind my business.  Another member here clued me in to this forum quite some time ago saying that I'd probably feel more at home here.  Cheers!
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

charlesoakwood

Re: After lurking for "years"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:52:42 AM »

Cheers and welcome.  Jump in and have a say.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »
Thank you for joining us!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:11:53 AM »
Welcome aboard Sir!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

TeachX3

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »
Hello Septugenarian and welcome to IAL  :)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
Welcome, and here's to hoping you will feel at home.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
You won't find a greater group of people on the net, welcome.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »
You won't find a greater group of people on the net, welcome.

Thank you Ben, that's very kind. We're a great group only because of our members.

ETA: Just realized I made a very obvious comment, since our "members" are the subject of your "great group" comment. I'll leave my idiocy here though, because your comment was nice, and my reply was made in sincere appreciation.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:20:02 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 07:27:38 PM »
Another member here clued me in to this forum quite some time ago saying that I'd probably feel more at home here.  Cheers!

Welcome!! Would you happened to be the same Septugenarian that signed up at the fishing forum today?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 09:53:25 AM »
Another member here clued me in to this forum quite some time ago saying that I'd probably feel more at home here.  Cheers!

Welcome!! Would you happened to be the same Septugenarian that signed up at the fishing forum today?

Yes, and you're the guilty party from the other fishing forum which we frequent.  ::thumbsup::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »
I like your avatar, Sep.  ;D
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »

Yeah, hope that stogie is a primo puro!   ::thumbsup::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »

Yeah, hope that stogie is a primo puro!   ::thumbsup::

yeah, I don't think that badass pup is gonna be chompin on a Swisher Sweet.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »

Yes, and you're the guilty party from the other fishing forum which we frequent.  ::thumbsup::

Guilty as charged! Now I now who you are. Welcome!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
I wish that ALL the conservative fellas who continuously get lambasted at the fishing forum for talking politics would just come here. Heck, if all the guys over there who break the rules every time they pipe up would just come here when they have a hankering to talk politics, we'd triple our membership in a day.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 06:07:26 PM »
I wish that ALL the conservative fellas who continuously get lambasted at the fishing forum for talking politics would just come here. Heck, if all the guys over there who break the rules every time they pipe up would just come here when they have a hankering to talk politics, we'd triple our membership in a day.

Since I have been long banned from one particular fishing site for expressing my political opinion.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »

Since I have been long banned from one particular fishing site for expressing my political opinion.

Not you Don?!! I'm crushed!  ;D

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 05:59:10 AM »
I wish that ALL the conservative fellas who continuously get lambasted at the fishing forum for talking politics would just come here.

I've gotten a few to come over here from there. They post a couple times and then disappear.... ::gaah::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 06:40:13 AM »
Hey, at least you got 'em over and they show up here and there!

Hopefully their participation will grow.   ::thumbsup::

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 03:26:04 AM »
Alan did get me here...

Of course, that probably looks bad on him ::thinking::
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge