Author Topic: VA AG Says Opponents of HHS Mandate “Must Be Willing to Go to Jail"  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/va-attorney-general-ken-cuccinelli-says-opponents-of-hhs-mandate-must-be-willing-to-go-to-jail-video/

He ain't wrong.  There needs to be widespread civil disobedience on everything these damned statists are pushing!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: VA AG Says Opponents of HHS Mandate “Must Be Willing to Go to Jail"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 11:45:24 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/va-attorney-general-ken-cuccinelli-says-opponents-of-hhs-mandate-must-be-willing-to-go-to-jail-video/

He ain't wrong.  There needs to be widespread civil disobedience on everything these damned statists are pushing!

I am not going to Jail.  I am killing ever LEO and IRS agent  that comes to my house till they gun me down.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »

I am not going to Jail.  I am killing ever LEO and IRS agent  that comes to my house till they gun me down.

I understand.  Jail ain't for me neither.  But, all forms of resistance are welcome!   ;)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
My next question for Ken (and the only logical one, given his statement) is whether he is willing to lead the way in taking that risk.

Without people of profile and stature standing alongside the ordinary citizen, the Leftists will just pick us off one by one, through intimidation, imprisonment, or - God forbid - extermination.

I believe that as in all Leftist totalitarian power-grabs, the latter is not off the table for these people.

So we need a "Ken Cuccinelli" or many like him to be willing to defy this government. Force them to roll in with tanks, or stand down.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »

I understand.  Jail ain't for me neither.  But, all forms of resistance are welcome!   ;)
I am not sure there is a difference.  People think they can DOS attack the Legal system? Overcrowd the jails?
They are talking about dragging Republican's behind cars, and executing NRA members.  They will not hesitate to send you to a cell in a pine box 6 feet under.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »

"My next question for Ken (and the only logical one, given his statement) is whether he is willing to lead the way in taking that risk."

Breitbart's gone, there is no tip of the spear. 
Yes, we do need leaders to stand up and lead.
Cuccinelli is an excellent choice.
Come on Ken, step up.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »
They are talking about dragging Republican's behind cars, and executing NRA members.  They will not hesitate to send you to a cell in a pine box 6 feet under.

Beats the alternative.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:50 PM »

Beats the alternative.

The alternative is to do them in first.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »

Beats the alternative.

I accept.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:19 PM »

Beats the alternative.

I accept.

Got your six.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »

Beats the alternative.

I accept.

Got your six.

Here's a testament to the state of things: my unassuming little 5'1" mom in her 60s wants to go shooting with me and my dad. I am quite sure it will be the first time she has ever fired a gun of any kind. I just think people are feeling it in their bones....they know things are not right and they're feeling extremely apprehensive.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
When Michael Medved admitted to the darkness I knew it was real. After all, he fancies himself the epitome of rational thinkers, impervious to the wretched excess of liberal emotion (Yea, I know - I'm laying it on thick ;-)

But I heard him say it - that there was a heaviness to the air, a vague feeling of dread, of impending doom. Medved, like many, is insulated from a lot of the same forces that shove us peons indiscriminately this way and that. He isn't stinking rich, but wealthy enough that he will do just fine pretty much whatever may come. So when he remarks that he senses the storm I know it's gonna be a bad one.

As for me - well you know......I've been living on the ragged edge for four years now. When your life is already a living hell then it's difficult to quantify the degree to which anything could measurably get worse.

Caught up in the moment

You know the sensation - it's the holiday season and everything seems to be bubbly and effervescent, with laughter and song in the air, glad tidings, peace on Earth and goodwill to all. You're caught up in the moment, in the spirit of things. Now imagine the air is suddenly quiet, the song and the levity gone. The movements of people around you may continue along their proscribed paths, but you notice nothing but the artifice of it. That's where I reside.

All last year I watched the sullen and grim-faced determination of the players during the election race. I was reluctant to share my predictions because, well because I am Joe Btfsplk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Btfsplk) and I'd rather not share my private gloom. I noticed throughout the course of the race the lack of enthusiasm on both sides, and thought, "How curious". It was as though no one's heart was in it. Later, when our collective fait was accompli and our worst fears were realized I braced for the gloating that curiously never came. "How unusual" I said to myself. This is so unlike the left.

In the months since the election most of my usual foes on the left have crawled back under their rocks. They do not appear to have any interest in fighting. They do not appear to have any interest in defending their "champion". Most of them look like I feel. It is so difficult to describe but it is almost like they knowingly made their pact with Satan and now quietly await their doom. They know it's coming; they know it's inevitable; they know they could have stopped it at any time; but they know they were powerless to stop themselves.

Even with the re-emergence of the gun control issue where the leftist leaders are hellbent for leather, I don't see the passion in play by the rank~n~file to the degree that I anticipated. On the other side of the aisle I see the apprehension of otherwise "soul of the heartland" people. I see flashes of panic, of fear, and I hear the anger. Lots of anger. Everywhere I go I hear it.

Defiant, righteous, outraged anger.

"Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders"
Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen.

They've taken my family, my peace of mind, my hope for a future. They threaten my livelihood, my health, my pocketbook, and now my civil rights. I've lost everything that ever meant anything to me.

Tell me why I should care even the slightest about their continued mortality?

Edit: altard-proofed
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:39:30 AM by Alphabet Soup »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 12:34:32 AM »

Beats the alternative.

I was thinking behind bars. I like your alternative better.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »
When Michael Medved admitted to the darkness I knew it was real. After all, he fancies himself the epitome of rational thinkers, impervious to the wretched excess of liberal emotion (Yea, I know - I'm laying it on thick ;-)

But I heard him say it - that there was a heaviness to the air, a vague feeling of dread, of impending doom. Medved, like many, is insulated from a lot of the same forces that shove us peons indiscriminately this way and that. He isn't stinking rich, but wealthy enough that he will do just fine pretty much whatever may come. So when he remarks that he senses the storm I know it's gonna be a bad one.

As for me - well you know......I've been living on the ragged edge for four years now. When your life is already a living hell then it's difficult to quantify the degree to which anything could measurably get worse.

Caught up in the moment

You know the sensation - it's the holiday season and everything seems to be bubbly and effervescent, with laughter and song in the air, glad tidings, peace on Earth and goodwill to all. You're caught up in the moment, in the spirit of things. Now imagine the air is suddenly quiet, the song and the levity gone. The movements of people around you may continue along their proscribed paths, but you notice nothing but the artifice of it. That's where I reside.

All last year I watched the sullen and grim-faced determination of the players during the election race. I was reluctant to share my predictions because, well because I am Joe Btfsplk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Btfsplk) and I'd rather not share my private gloom. I noticed throughout the course of the race the lack of enthusiasm on both sides, and thought, "How curious". It was as though no one's heart was in it. Later, when our collective fait was accompli and our worst fears were realized I braced for the gloating that curiously never came. "How unusual" I said to myself. This is so unlike the left.

In the months since the election most of my usual foes on the left have crawled back under their rocks. They do not appear to have any interest in fighting. They do not appear to have any interest in defending their "champion". Most of them look like I feel. It is so difficult to describe but it is almost like they knowingly made their pact with Satan and now quietly await their doom. They know it's coming; they know it's inevitable; they know they could have stopped it at any time; but they know they were powerless to stop themselves.

Even with the re-emergence of the gun control issue where the leftist leaders are hellbent for leather, I don't see the passion in play by the rank~n~file to the degree that I anticipated. On the other side of the aisle I see the apprehension of otherwise "soul of the heartland" people. I see flashes of panic, of fear, and I hear the anger. Lots of anger. Everywhere I go I hear it.

Defiant, righteous, outraged anger.

"Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders"
Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen.

They've taken my family, my peace of mind, my hope for a future. They threaten my livelihood, my health, my pocketbook, and now my civil rights. I've lost everything that ever meant anything to me.

Tell me why I should care even the slightest about their continued mortality?

Edit: altard-proofed

They don't care about yours -- ours -- except for how it serves them.  And when it no longer does ....

Interesting that you mention Christmas.  This Christmas was different for me than almost any previous Christmas in that it all seemed artificial; no joy, no peace and no goodwill -- at least not for those outside of my immediate circle of concern.  I tried; we put up the tree and lit the house, but I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 09:57:16 AM »
Later, when our collective fait was accompli and our worst fears were realized I braced for the gloating that curiously never came. "How unusual" I said to myself. This is so unlike the left.

I have said it all along. Obama  cheated. Even in Boulder the lack of Obama bumper stickers was staggering. You are correct that they must gloat, but by and large they have not, and I think that is very important. Why?  What would cause this tribe of self-indulgent, narcissistic  cavemen to not relish in their victory?  Because their tribe is defined by moral superiority- If it doesn't make them feel good about themselves, then its "unimportant" - so how did this election deprive them of that?

1) Obama Cheated. They don't feel the victory is there, either because they themselves had determined not to vote for him, or not vote at all, or because they realize that 100% votes only occur in 3rd World dictatorships. The cheating doesn't bother them in anyway, but they can't claim PERSONAL victory or moral  superiority from it, so they are silent

2) The Silent majority is increasingly becoming less so. Liberals that lived in little bubbles all of their lives are getting push back from the right for the first time.. We are increasingly denying them the "sanction of the victim." People who they trusted or  "cared" about (in so much as they are can have that emotion)  are turning to them and telling them to their face that they are stupid, narcissistic bullies. They are being forced to confront the fact that they can't defend their positions at Thanksgiving and Christmas, cant rebuke the easily provable points that they are violating the rights of others. They  the are being told they are despicable, stupid and immoral to their faces, probably for the first time.  They are discovering that the usual defense of "you are not being civil" is no longer protecting them.  In  many cases they are being told to  leave and never darken the doors of conservatives. Even my liberal leaning ( but thankfully voted for Romney) , single mother, public school teacher friend has "had it" with her entitlement minded Brother leeching off her parents ( and still living at home at age 40)  The HVAC guy who dropped the liberal customers.  The co-worker you just avoid now. The Right is turning inward, and letting the left-leaning know what they think of them as they do it.  For these  people whose most important concern is being admired, liked and part of the group - and even though we are the "evil other" , our rejection of them is damaging their calm.  In Utopia, everyone will agree with them, because they were right you see. We have to pass it because we need you to experience what is in it. Once we force you to live out way we are sure you will realize it is better. The anger on the right is palpable, and while I am sure that the reasons for it are beyond their comprehension, they understand that we would rather die than associate with them further. Some might even realize that our blood will end up on their hands ( but that may be giving them too much credit)  They may be beginning to realize that Utopia can only be achieved by being a bloody, brutal aggressor - again, this doesn't bother them, but it denies them the ability to parade it as proof of their moral superiority - at least as an individual.  As a Member of the  the New SS, with buddies to bolster them and tell them that murder is okay, I am sure they will get over it.

3) Reality is telling them each and every day their policies aren't working.  Again, I am sure they can't understand why- but they know the rainbows and unicorns are not present in their lives, or the lives of their friends. Everyone they know has an EBT. No one they know has a job.  Even their liberal friends are not hopeful - because the promised Utopia is not manifest, and they are loosing faith with THE ONE. Mobs are not patient. Again, this offers them no opportunity for self-congratulations and self adulation.

I wouldn't go so far to suggest that the rank and file realize they are in a pact with the devil. I just don't think they are that self-aware. They have no personal agency - no personal responsibility for what happens or what they support. What they support they support as a tribe. It is ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT. ALWAYS.

They just know that the rank and file  aren't being called upon to play an important role. They are getting the hint that Obama, like all Marxist Tyrants before him, views the little people as a stepping stone to power, and if that means taking $100 out of their paycheck, than that is fine.  The payroll Holiday was a Democrat idea. They spent a good deal of effort selling it last year before the election,  and they realize now that the DEMS pushed to have it expire- Once Obama is in   power, they are not needed. Obama no longer needs to dance with those that brung him.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »
Later, when our collective fait was accompli and our worst fears were realized I braced for the gloating that curiously never came. "How unusual" I said to myself. This is so unlike the left.

I have said it all along. Obama  cheated. Even in Boulder the lack of Obama bumper stickers was staggering. You are correct that they must gloat, but by and large they have not, and I think that is very important. Why?  What would cause this tribe of self-indulgent, narcissistic  cavemen to not relish in their victory?  Because their tribe is defined by moral superiority- If it doesn't make them feel good about themselves, then its "unimportant" - so how did this election deprive them of that?

1) Obama Cheated. They don't feel the victory is there, either because they themselves had determined not to vote for him, or not vote at all, or because they realize that 100% votes only occur in 3rd World dictatorships. The cheating doesn't bother them in anyway, but they can't claim PERSONAL victory or moral  superiority from it, so they are silent

2) The Silent majority is increasingly becoming less so. Liberals that lived in little bubbles all of their lives are getting push back from the right for the first time.. We are increasingly denying them the "sanction of the victim." People who they trusted or  "cared" about (in so much as they are can have that emotion)  are turning to them and telling them to their face that they are stupid, narcissistic bullies. They are being forced to confront the fact that they can't defend their positions at Thanksgiving and Christmas, cant rebuke the easily provable points that they are violating the rights of others. They  the are being told they are despicable, stupid and immoral to their faces, probably for the first time.  They are discovering that the usual defense of "you are not being civil" is no longer protecting them.  In  many cases they are being told to  leave and never darken the doors of conservatives. Even my liberal leaning ( but thankfully voted for Romney) , single mother, public school teacher friend has "had it" with her entitlement minded Brother leeching off her parents ( and still living at home at age 40)  The HVAC guy who dropped the liberal customers.  The co-worker you just avoid now. The Right is turning inward, and letting the left-leaning know what they think of them as they do it.  For these  people whose most important concern is being admired, liked and part of the group - and even though we are the "evil other" , our rejection of them is damaging their calm.  In Utopia, everyone will agree with them, because they were right you see. We have to pass it because we need you to experience what is in it. Once we force you to live out way we are sure you will realize it is better. The anger on the right is palpable, and while I am sure that the reasons for it are beyond their comprehension, they understand that we would rather die than associate with them further. Some might even realize that our blood will end up on their hands ( but that may be giving them too much credit)  They may be beginning to realize that Utopia can only be achieved by being a bloody, brutal aggressor - again, this doesn't bother them, but it denies them the ability to parade it as proof of their moral superiority - at least as an individual.  As a Member of the  the New SS, with buddies to bolster them and tell them that murder is okay, I am sure they will get over it.

3) Reality is telling them each and every day their policies aren't working.  Again, I am sure they can't understand why- but they know the rainbows and unicorns are not present in their lives, or the lives of their friends. Everyone they know has an EBT. No one they know has a job.  Even their liberal friends are not hopeful - because the promised Utopia is not manifest, and they are loosing faith with THE ONE. Mobs are not patient. Again, this offers them no opportunity for self-congratulations and self adulation.

I wouldn't go so far to suggest that the rank and file realize they are in a pact with the devil. I just don't think they are that self-aware. They have no personal agency - no personal responsibility for what happens or what they support. What they support they support as a tribe. It is ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT. ALWAYS.

They just know that the rank and file  aren't being called upon to play an important role. They are getting the hint that Obama, like all Marxist Tyrants before him, views the little people as a stepping stone to power, and if that means taking $100 out of their paycheck, than that is fine.  The payroll Holiday was a Democrat idea. They spent a good deal of effort selling it last year before the election,  and they realize now that the DEMS pushed to have it expire- Once Obama is in   power, they are not needed. Obama no longer needs to dance with those that brung him.

::clapping::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 10:57:12 AM »
Talking with my older brother last night the subject turned to an anecdote about Mom (as most do these days). Just prior to the election a Bridge playing friend of hers (for over forty years!) announced that she had thought about it and decided to cast her vote for Øbongo.

When my Mom shared this with my brother (who served as her primary caregiver in her final days) he said that he made some caustic, rude, and dismissive remarks about her friend, which angered Mom and caused her to go quiet for several days. When he finally drew her out she revealed that it wasn't so much his insults of a longtime friend of hers that pissed her off as it was what she considered a betrayal of someone she thought she knew.

They had maintained their relationship for decades and thought they knew each other pretty well. Her friend was what I call a "Reliable Republican" and a near-conservative. And yet, despite all the conversations where my Mom warned of the disastrous policies that Øbongo would bring (my Mom was no shrinking violet when it came to politics), despite all we saw in the last four years, her friend voted for pie~in~the~sky. Her sense of perfidy must have been tremendous.

Mom wasn't the sort to hold grudges but the spell had been broken and the next Bridge session was her last. People she had consorted and communed with for years felt like strangers and she was no longer comfortable being around them. It must have been a terribly lonely feeling for such a gregarious person.

Over the past ten years I have peeled off every single left of center "friend". They weren't really friends at all and it is only occasionally that I fell a sense of separation. Any time my mind goes there I recount all the times my friends insulted me to my face by disparaging my values in deference to their craven and hedonistic cravings. Any issue-oriented debates invariably brought the same sort of personal affronts usually reserved for strangers. Why did I accept this rude treatment? Why should anyone?!

I apologize for drifting away from the topic.

I'm not like that guy who put out the video warning that he's gonna start killing people.....but only to the extent that I don't, as a personal policy, telegraph my intentions. Wink-wink.

I Won't Back Down

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »
We're all running the gamut of emotions, thoughts and reflections...I expect it was no less so in late 1850 America.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »

Over the past ten years I have peeled off every single left of center "friend". They weren't really friends at all and it is only occasionally that I fell a sense of separation. Any time my mind goes there I recount all the times my friends insulted me to my face by disparaging my values in deference to their craven and hedonistic cravings. Any issue-oriented debates invariably brought the same sort of personal affronts usually reserved for strangers. Why did I accept this rude treatment? Why should anyone?!

No they aren't your friends.  You provide the sanction of the victim, and thereby justify their continues bullying. They  disparage you and treat you rudely and you don't fight back, you don't retaliate. When you respond with civility, take it in stride and defend his right to have such opinions, they interpret it as proof they are right, they are better. Its their daily affirmation.  Rest assured he has no tolerance for your opinions and would gladly shove  you in a box car to keep you from voicing them.  They care not and cannot be your Friends.   Friendship requires respect. It requires recognition  that that other person has rights. Liberals DO NOT respect anyone but themselves.I am sure when you cut these people off, they never thought of you again. Your only use to them was daily affirmation and soon as you are no longer willing to supply it, they don't see any point in associating with you. I am heartened that so many conservatives are finally coming to this realization.

In reply to my follow-on question as to what he meant when he said society was starting to collapse, he answered, "People talk about debt, a recession that won't go away and how we are on track to bankrupting the country. This is all true. But they are all part of a bigger problem."

"What problem is that?" I asked.

"Respect," he said, with just a hint of bitterness. "Treating people with disrespect has become a way of doing business, a way of life. When a culture ceases to demand respect for life or livelihood, anything and everything is fair game."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:46:34 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
They had maintained their relationship for decades and thought they knew each other pretty well.

When push comes to shove very few people will ignore their own selfish desires thus your mom's friend voted for BO.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."