Author Topic: Name this tone?  (Read 771 times)

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
Name this tone?
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
Doom II OST - Map 31 - Evil Incarnate

What is the name of this drum beat?  I've tried for years to find the name on my own, to no avail.  Its the synthesizer, or just the drum.  It is used for parade ground marches, and I distinctly remember it from boot camp.  Navy. . .
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Name this tone?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
I can't help you at all, other than to say there seems to be 12 beats per measure, it's laden with quarter-note triplets, and the melody is built around the classic "tri-tone" - or the "Devil's Triad", outlawed in old Europe, and heavily used by Black Sabbath.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Name this tone?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
Heck if I know, but it makes a nice soundtrack to crushing skulls...save it for the march on DC!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.