Author Topic: O'Bongo Presser  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
O'Bongo Presser
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:12 AM »
Read it if you can stand it...I heard it on the radio and read it, so yes, I am pissed and nauseated...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-14-11-57-50

::mooning::    ::vafancoul::

I wish the pubbies would cut off the funding (the argument that new debt is needed to "pay bills" is BS, but part of the "game" is paying off interest on the old debt with new debt...that is WINNING to a deomcrat!) and shut the damned government down, but they won't, that would make that carrot-colored Speaker weep like a little girl, they'll do whatever that spoiled brat wants without a fight...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: O'Bongo Presser
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »

Obama’s Festival of Lies   

The final press conference of Obama’s first term was a masterpiece of mendacity, a Mardi Gras parade of deliberate dishonesty. Liberals are still trying to catch their breath after the excitement of it all.

What the press corps loves about President Obama is the astonishing audacity of his lies. He doesn’t bother with tiny fibs or slight misrepresentations. No, by God, he tells massive whoppers that everyone understands to be false, but which he knows he can get away with because — like the favorite child of an over-indulgent mother — he has the smug sense of entitlement necessary to erupt in indignation if he is ever called on  his lies: “How dare you notice my self-serving deceptions!”

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »
From today's presser:

"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama. "Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. And so I will be reviewing those today, and as I said, I will speak in more detail to what we're going to go ahead and propose later in the week. But I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president, and where you get a step that, has the opportunity to reduce the possibility of gun violence, then i want to go ahead and take it."

O rly.

The Constitution specifies the powers of the president quite narrowly:

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States."

Somebody want to tell me where in the hell anything in the above authorizes him to "take steps that don't require legislation and are within his authority as president"?

This Federal government is illegitimate and so is he.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:35:47 PM »
This is the announcement of dictatorship.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:30 AM »
Yes, Adolph Obama has revealed himself, is America going to crush him and his brownshirts or just meekly accept the yoke of tyranny?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »
History shows that most peoples will accept the yoke of tyranny, especially when it comes with the promise of saaaaafety. This particular one also benefits from being a Preferred ethnicity, so is immune to any form of criticism.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:31:57 AM »
Do not go gentle into that good night...

;)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:57:19 PM »

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 21, 2013, a National Day of Hope and Resolve."

Modesty becomes him.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 04:17:21 AM »
Read it if you can stand it...I heard it on the radio and read it, so yes, I am pissed and nauseated...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-14-11-57-50

::mooning::    ::vafancoul::

I wish the pubbies would cut off the funding (the argument that new debt is needed to "pay bills" is BS, but part of the "game" is paying off interest on the old debt with new debt...that is WINNING to a deomcrat!) and shut the damned government down, but they won't, that would make that carrot-colored Speaker weep like a little girl, they'll do whatever that spoiled brat wants without a fight...

I love the new Dem talking point ( referencing G. W. Bush of course ) when they decry the U.S. engaging in "un-funded wars" . They seem to conveniently forget that WWI , WWII , Korea and Vietnam were all entered into "unfunded" and led by Democrats .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »

::mooning::    ::vafancoul::

I love the new Dem talking point ( referencing G. W. Bush of course ) when they decry the U.S. engaging in "un-funded wars" . They seem to conveniently forget that WWI , WWII , Korea and Vietnam were all entered into "unfunded" and led by Democrats .

Wilson, FDR, Truman, Kennedy/Johnson, Obama...

Yup, don't care for any of the above!

::mooning::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:44 AM »

Its only bad if a Pubbie does it. If it weren't for double standards, the left wouldn't have any standards at all.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »

They must have forgotten this, it's so old:
Democrats start wars and Republicans finish them.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
Only now they'll be no more Repub's finishing anything...

There is just more wars, none more consequential than the one on our own soil against our former co-citizens...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 11:46:59 AM »
Only now they'll be no more Repub's finishing anything...

There is just more wars, none more consequential than the one on our own soil against our former co-citizens...
At least by that war's end we would have lost the appetite for it and will reinstate the policies of supplying both sides, cleaning by staying out. The business of the United States is business. The destruction of the left and their insane philosophy of irresponsibility and decadence won't hamper our freedom any longer. ::dueling::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.