Author Topic: I'm shocked  (Read 726 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I'm shocked
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »
Red Cross: Shelters Not Needed Due to Family, Friends Support

The recent flooding has forced residents in several parishes out of their homes. Some are asking, "Where are the shelters?" According to Tony Credeur with the Red Cross, no shelters will be opened in the Acadiana area. He says most residents forced out by the floods have found a place to stay with friends or relatives, negating the need for shelters. Credeur says the Red Cross is continuing to monitor the flooding situation and will open shelters if the need arises.

No FEMA, no Red Cross. This country is really going to Hell in a handbasket.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: I'm shocked
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »
Friends and relatives taking care of their own? Sounds like they need some intervention by the federal regime.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »
People can't build that without help, and only an all-powerful federal government can give that kind of help.  This story is obviously an anti-government propaganda piece designed to deceive the American people that they do not need their government!

/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »

Yep, Galveston could never have recovered from the "great hurricane" of 1900, raising the whole city  seventeen (17) feet above its previous level, initiated and completed, with no federal assistance.  The lead engineer was an ex-military engineer. 

Seawall, Galveston district

"[Henry Martyn] Robert was president of the Board of Engineers from 1895 to 1901. He was made brigadier general on April 30, 1901, and was appointed Chief of Engineers. He served until May 2, 1901, when he retired from the Army. Following his retirement, he chaired a board of engineers that designed the Galveston, Texas seawall following the Galveston Hurricane of 1900."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Martyn_Robert

Oh yeah, they got the soil by dredging the bay -- do that today EPA. ha ha

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
You can do that today CO, all it takes is telling the EPA and any other Fed clown to...

::vafancoul::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.