Author Topic: The Super Bowl renamed the Harbaugh Bowl  (Read 2456 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
The Super Bowl renamed the Harbaugh Bowl
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:19:02 PM »
Yes!
Both teams underdogs and away managed to comeback from deficits to win.

Despite the terrible injuries to Ray Lewis, Ngata and a season ending injury to their star corner midway through the season, the Ravens battled back and tool the long way around to get there. The Niners employed a 2ns stringer midway through the season to make the sparks fly.

Myself, I'm happy as a clam and would be anyway as long as Tom "Crybaby" Brady doesn't go. Ravens lost a squeaker a year ago and QB Flacco decided never to let that happen again(lost by a missed FG.

I may actually have a drink! ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The Super Bowl renamed the Harbaugh Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:16:58 AM »
Yeah I was glad to see New England lose.  Belichick is such a damn slob in his annoying hoodie-with-cutoff-sleeves ensemble. He looks like he should be wiping windshields with crumpled newspaper at stop lights.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37:18 AM »
Yeah I was glad to see New England lose.  Belichick is such a damn slob in his annoying hoodie-with-cutoff-sleeves ensemble. He looks like he should be wiping windshields with crumpled newspaper at stop lights.

::hysterical::

I predicted the All-Harbaugh Bowl last year, once again I misread my tea leaves and missed it by that much...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »
I don't really follow pro ball (prefer college), but I do find this bowl pretty interesting.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:41 AM »
After years of watching Tom Landry, head coach of the Cowboys, dress like a professional, I guess I was use to coaches dressed like adults not slobs. Yes, it bothers me to!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
Well, come on MNHawk, to be fair the guy caved, he was there first and he should have offered to sell the rights, he just caved.  WTF?!

“I didn’t know my rights.”

Umm, talk a to a lawyer, man!  I know it isn't the most enjoyable thing in the world but you just pee'd a chance at a good chunk of change right down your leg!

::facepalm::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »
Organized football is in the crosshairs, anyway.  The Seau clan is looking to suck additional millions out of the organization that's already made them multi millionaires.  If this suit sticks, the end is near.  Especially as these suits work their way down to the public school levels.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »
It'd be another nice broadside against masculinity too, and that's always on the To Do list.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 06:49:38 AM »
That Seau suit is a joke, their only hope is to get lucky in the judge & jury shopping sweepstakes, not saying it is impossible (Lord knows there are a lot of morons out there!) but what a joke.  By their logic anybody whoever stumbled and skinned their knee at the workplace could sue the crap out of their employer!

But thinking along these lines gives me an idea...for those of us who work in one of those idiotic outfits that has to advertise the fact that there are nothing but unarmed defenseless sheep waiting to be slaughtered inside the building...well, those outfits experience a lunatic outburst are the ones that should be sued into nonexistence by the survivors and family of the victimized!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 08:06:55 AM »
I've read the opposite from a lawyer site.  The Seau suit would be a slam dunk in America, against any industry other than football.  The only question is is that if we dumb down football, to the level of the rest of America, and let this suit happen.

Another tidbit.  This never used to happen in football.  Only in the age of helmets, did the guys start thinking that head butting another at 100mph was a good idea.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 09:39:34 AM »
Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Plans to Use Super Bowl to Promote Same-Sex Marriage

“That’s my ultimate goal after the Super Bowl,” Ayanbadejo told Bruni. “To go on Ellen’s show, to be dancing with her, to bust a move with her.”

::danceban:: ::curtsy4:: ::bustamove::

You go girl!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
Another brotherly competition on the Ravens' path to the Super Bowl...

Baltimore Ravens, former SU player Arthur Jones advance to Super Bowl XLVII

Behind a brilliant second-half performance from quarterback Joe Flacco and a timely fumble recovery from Arthur Jones, the Baltimore Ravens defeated the New England Patriots 28-13 to advance to Super Bowl XLVII.

Sunday's AFC Championship Game in Foxborough, Mass., featured multiple former Syracuse players, headlined by a battle of the Jones brothers. Chandler Jones, a defensive end for the Patriots, was limited due to an injured ankle, but his brother, Arthur, played a big role in the Ravens' comeback from a 13-17 halftime deficit.

... and if you're interested, this is why I even know this...

Gene pool looked kindly on UFC champ Jones and NFL siblings

UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones has two brothers who play in the NFL
Older brother Arthur plays for Baltimore; the younger Chandler plays for the Pats

I'm a casual observer of the NFL these days. The Vikings can do that to a guy over time. But I'm a HUGE fan of mixed martial arts. Jon Jones is an amazing talent. So good, that he became the youngest champion in the sport's history, and his title defenses have made the former champions who have challenged him look like they don't even know the first thing about how to figure this kid out.

Gene pool indeed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »
Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Plans to Use Super Bowl to Promote Same-Sex Marriage

“That’s my ultimate goal after the Super Bowl,” Ayanbadejo told Bruni. “To go on Ellen’s show, to be dancing with her, to bust a move with her.”

You go girl!

Aymapendejo is really making me hope the 49ers kick their cans back to Baltimore...or is it Cleveland?  Whatever...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »

You go girl!

Aymapendejo is really making me hope the 49ers kick their cans back to Baltimore...or is it Cleveland?  Whatever...

Maybe he should go down on Ellen.......lol
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »
::puke::

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »

Isn't "he" one of the Village People?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
 ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »
Wonder if the game gets in before this tape comes out....frankly if that criminal was made ineligible for the big game I'd have a lot more respect for the NFL front office...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/trending/Ray-Lewis-SWATS-doping-Sports-Illustrated-banned-substance.html

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
Interesting, the things one learns in odd places.  Who knew deer antlers were the fastest growing animal part on earth?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"